What is "deculture" and what is "fansubbing"?

bzdup

Yeah, kind of new with Frontier. What the F is "deculture"? Is it possible to get english subtitles with episode 18? I am guessing fansubbing is where fans translate for us. TY. I can't find it anywhere. Oh.... and why does Ranka's hair pop up like a puppy's? FRONTIER ROCKS

Edited by bzdup

Yeah, kind of new with Frontier. What the F is "deculture"? Is it possible to get english subtitles with episode 18? I am guessing fansubbing is where fans translate for us. TY. I can't find it anywhere. Oh.... and why does Ranka's hair pop up like a puppy's? FRONTIER ROCKS

These are newbie questions that do not deserve their own thread. Sorry for being a snob. Go to the newbie thread and ask this.

Taksraven

yeah this should be in newbie, and it can get merged or locked but I'll go ahead and answer anyway.

yes fansubbing is when fans translate and add subtitles to videos.

Deculture is a Zentraedi term... which is a term of astonishment or disgust... but by the time of Frontier has been modified to be something cool... sometimes.

This brings up a question I had. Has anyone put out a Zentradi-Japanese-English dictionary. Who is actually responsible for creating the language, and did this pesron give the same treatment to the Zentradi language as say Star Trek with the Klingon language? Would it be possible for someone to actually learn and speak Zentradi, or is there not enough of the language created for one to become fluent? I know the original question was a newbie one, but it got me thinking.

This brings up a question I had. Has anyone put out a Zentradi-Japanese-English dictionary. Who is actually responsible for creating the language, and did this pesron give the same treatment to the Zentradi language as say Star Trek with the Klingon language? Would it be possible for someone to actually learn and speak Zentradi, or is there not enough of the language created for one to become fluent? I know the original question was a newbie one, but it got me thinking.

If you're looking for a full language system for Zentradi, you'll be disappointed. Some Macross books have a short Zentradi-Japanese dictionary, and that's pretty much it. There are no verb tenses, grammar, or anything else like that.