Macross Frontier Episode 18 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 18  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (No Sheryl! Don't listen to Grace!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (My love of this series ran out long before Frontier ran out of supplies)

Pouncing on it like a starving velociraptor!! 29 peers and counting, 1 seed so far so good, dl only a 12.9 kbps... this is going to take a while :(

Should be done within the half our myself.. I'll seed it for a while after that, but doubt anyone from the states will get very good speeds from me.

EDIT: 700 mb avi for the full HD version? I think i'll wait for a better encoding...

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

All I have to say is the the Macross Frontier cannon is hardcore. I love the Quater but I just feel in love with the Frontier. It also seems like Grace ruins lives to get to her ultimate goal picking orphans since no one will care or notice. I also imagine she was hoping that Ozma would die so that could be a snag in her plan.

This episode was full of win.

The merchant trying to sell Alto a dress and Sheryl's albums in the bargain bin was comedy gold. :):lol:

And here I thought we'd never get a chance to see the Battle 25 in action.

This show continues to impress!

So good.

Started transcribing the

COSMO NATURE

screen, but will wait for the HD raw so that I can fully read some of the blurry letters. Although I found it funny that on that screen, two of the bookmarks were for

Satellite's Home Page and Kawamori's Official Blog.

Who is that

third person in the photo with Mao and Grace? The one with the green hair and the kanji that I couldn't read?

. I know we've seen her in a flashback before, I just can't remember if

it was Ranka's or Alto's. I think that person is the mother of one of them.

Laughed my butt off when the reaction missiles bounced of the red lobster. Honestly, singing is probably the only "weapon" that'll work.

Edited by sdf2501

I don't like how they left all of the secondary characters out of the OP. Boooooooooooooourns.

Maybe

they all die?

Considering all the references and homages to other anime, why not a

kill'em all Tomino-type homage as well?

:lol:

Great to have Horrible Raws back. For this episode; while it does advance the plot it's moving too slow for my liking. Though I understand it can't be helped, the story has to play out before it runs head long to it's conclusive third act.

As it is, everyone is dancing to Grace's tune. Even Leon even though he doesn't seem to notice it, the hurbis leaded dolt that he is.

As for Sheryl's prediciment. I'm not to worried as something hinted at from as far back as ep5 is going to turn up and I'm pretty certain she's going to show Grace, Galaxy, everyone a what-for before the end.

misaforever since the plan was to kill sheryl on galia to whip up the frontier and the rest of the NUNG into a frenzy of hate against the vajra failed there is little point in letting sheryl die now. sheryl's death due to mystery illness at this point would only raise more suspicion

Hmm... ok, I suppose. Thanks :)

Battle-25 makes Quarter looks like a baby, as if saying "This is the true Macross Cannon" to Quarter. Judging from the screenshot, Battle-25 (or Battle-Frontier) is heavily armed, more than Battle-13. I count at least 12 triple beam turrets at the upper body alone (4 around the bridge).

I need sub quick, plenty things were revealed on this episode and I can only understand few of them.

Looks like Sheryl is just some random street girl modified into an idol with Cybernetics help

. I can sense Sheryl fanbase will increase by ten fold because of this episode.

BTW,

LOL at the bridge bunnies with their shopping antiques

:lol:

Edited by Morpheus

Okay, as promised, here's that screen transcription, however you'll be surprised where it came from:

COSMO NATURE

AD 2047 The November Issue

“Management and prevention of V type infection”

The main purpose of this module is multiple copying of layers from your After Effects project with progressive changing of their geometric properties. Here you may create very sophisticated geometric patterns that may be used either for further use in your composition or for transparency masks. Those masks you might want to use in cutting through of other objects, layers or texts. In a new layer apply our effect Panopticum Array. You will see that the layer has become transparent. Now you need to choose an object that will be duplicated. Create or import any image into your project.

However, a quick search through Google shows that the body text is mainly for Panopticum Array, which is a plug-in for Adobe Illustrator.

So no new insights into the whole V-type infection stuff, unless the best way to manage the illness is through the use of Adobe tools. :blink:

Why are some of you saying that the Battle 25 cannon didn't do any damage?? Or did I read that wrong?

:blink: IT WIPED OUT THE WHOLE FREAKIN' VAJRA FORCE!!! :lol:

Quarter's cannon was ineffective. Hence the need for Battle Frontier to whip out its giant gun.

However, a quick search through Google shows that the body text is mainly for Panopticum Array, which is a plug-in for Adobe Illustrator.

So no new insights into the whole V-type infection stuff, unless the best way to manage the illness is through the use of Adobe tools. :blink:

Prime example of why some of these texts shouldn't really be read. :p

Great episode, new intro theme can't compare to the first or second.

Things I learned from this episode:

Leon is still a roody poo candy @$$,

Cathy is the resident shopaholic,

Our poor VF-171 has offically returned to canon fodder,

Kanaria has mad knife skillz,

Battle 25 shows Macross Quarter how its done,

And Leon is still the biggest jabroni on Frontier.

If ya smelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lalalalalalalalalala what Chief Guld is cooking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Chief Guld Goa Bowman

Re-watching it again, and it just occurred to me that after seeing some more scenes of Sheryl's childhood, I think it's pretty obvious now why she didn't go to school.

Man, I feel so sorry for her.

It was those eyes and the suffering you could see in them. Really got to me. I really hope they don't kill her off, but if they did, it wouldn't surprise me either. After all, they're playing with all the old themes and adding twists, and they've never killed off a singer yet in Macross; perhaps now is the time.

You guys prefer Lion over Triangler?

Triangler was appropriate for the beginning.

Now that we're in the home stretch, everything is getting darker and people's suffering is only going to increase. Lion is appropriate for that, since it's theme is "I want to survive." And it really is a kick-butt song. I'm glad they saved it for the end.

So..... let me get this straight. Grace wanted to kill Sheryl on Gallia IV, but now is giving her medicine to keep her alive???? I'M LOST!!!!!

Grace told Sheryl that the medicine had been holding back her illness, it hadn't cured her. Now that she wouldn't be getting it anymore, it's not only her career that's over, but her life as well.

I hope that Grace gets a nice Ivanov or Nora style send-off. :)