Macross Frontier Episode 18 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 18  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (No Sheryl! Don't listen to Grace!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (My love of this series ran out long before Frontier ran out of supplies)

Quick observation about the Macross Quarter's beam gun:

The beam shot WASN'T ineffective, it did exactly what it was supposed to do. If you look at the tactical display and the before and after shots, Quarter's main gun attack was to drive the Vajra on that flank into the Frontier's line of sight. Quarter missed that shot on purpose. It wasn't that the Vajra adapted to that weapon.

Basically it was a 12 gauge frightening a flock of ducks into the path of a minigun.

That and the comm chatter sounded like everything was going to plan, not a panicked ZOMG!

I think Grace gave only half the truth. Sheryl isn't your ordinary street orchin. I think both Sheryl and Ranka was lost from the 117th fleet. Grace just found Sheryl first. Galaxy and Frontier must be the closest fleets to 117th thus why the two ended up there.

Edited by RedWolf

When did Kawamori-san have an official blog?

http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s...07200803my1.jpg

Whoa!! :o That's a Vajra in a vat in the background!! Accident waiting to happen... I KNOW that bitch Grace had something to do with the attack on the researech fleet.

Edited by Renato

I think Grace gave only half the truth. Sheryl isn't your ordinary street orchin. I think both Sheryl and Ranka was lost from the 117th fleet. Grace just found Sheryl first. Galaxy and Frontier must be the closest fleets to 117th thus why the two ended up there.

I think you're really grasping at straws a bit here. There's nothing that suggests Sheryl would have been part of the 117th. Sheryl seems tp have been the 9th (Fairy 9) of a series of test subjects picked up from the slums of Galaxy. Perfect material to do whatever experimenation she needed on. And now that Ranka, Q1, was discovered she doesn't hold any worth to Grace anymore. Heck she was willing to use her as a sacrifice to generate animosity towards the Vajra even before they'd completely confirmed Ranka was Q1. So no, I don't think it's a matter of just finding Sheryl first.

Bah, let's go for something new

:p Maybe a Monster can step on her or something

:ph34r:

There must be some kind of power in the hatred, either in controlling the populace or causing the Vajra to attack harder if we hate them badly enough.

What's the motive behind inspiring hate? There's a LOT of talk of hate.

RF-26

You know it would be nice to have an All That Macross version of All That VF.

SDF-1 Macross (with the Prometheus and Daedalus), SDF Global, Battle 7, Battle 5, Battle 13, Battle 25, Macross Quarter and perhaps Macross Galaxy's Battle 21.

Macross Canon would be a monster compared to them (4 km) but it's out of continuity.

Bio-mechanical machine/ Bionic woman /Alien ...... = OGM :lol: Here is my crazy theory ....

This episode has, of course, re-raised the question for me as to how "natural" Sheryl really is. I don't understand the language, so this is all speculation based on the visuals; hoping someone can straighten me out

On a side note, all of these developments make it feel more likely to me that Sheryl won't survive the series. I'd still bet that she does (I imagine her fortunes will finally turn within a few episodes), but I can definitely see a plot arc where her illness overtakes her. Sorta a Guld ending.

It's looking a bit iffy for her here, but It would be too much dramatic if she dies from illness.

Once you hit rock bottom, you can do only one thing , rise again ( or stay in the hole :rolleyes: but Sheryl ....., giving up ??!! I doubt )

I am convinced more than ever that alto's true passion is for Sheryl... there just aren't any truly romantic tones in his relationship with Ranka, even when they were on Gallia 4. to quote a political pundit I once heard...

I disagree with you BUT' for now :

The love plot........I'm fed up ^_^ I just hope Ranka doesn't die at the end . After this ALTo/Sheryl/Ranka...,God!, Advil please .

Grrr... need... subs...

The episode definitely had it's share of wtf moments. Right now, just too many questions, and not enough understanding to know what's going on.

What I'm starting to wonder.. how long had Sheryl been taking those pills? Was it something that Grace only started giving her when she came down sick, or is it like a daily vitamin she takes? Also, I really can't tell for sure whether Sheryl was hooked up to plain medical equipment, or they may have been upgrading her. She may be part cyborg all along, which would probably be one more reason Grace replaced her blood sample earlier.

I though she was picked in the streets ?

I almost wonder if she was a normal human back then, and became a victim of the virus.. but they saved her consciousness and implanted it into a cybernetic body. Maybe the same chips that let Sharon go nuts also allow that sort of thing to work.. it could also have led to her consciousness being corrupted over time by the computerized portion.

But it doesn't explain her ilness and the fact that she's dying. If her consciousness was implanted into a cybernetic body it should be the same processus as Grace who died but is alive because of the download into the body.

So the new body is healthy when you see Grace but not that much for sheryl.

You may be right in telling that it's not her body which is ill but her consciousness, which can explain why she doesn't remeber her childhood ...

but I can't explain why she collapse often and seems to have a lot of high fever ( maybe a side effect?)

Here is my crazy theory ( seems plausible for me thought ):

In episode 17 ou 16 they learned that the Vajra were immunize against all the attack from VF 171 or 25/27 even the monster <_< and they developped some kind of resistance .

The vajra technology is really advanced( technologically speaking) and their vajra vessel, machine or ship attested it.

So they're bio mechanical while Sheryl may be at first human but became bionic after.

The vajra may save Sheryl because of their link with the cristal which is supposed to be a link between the two. They are suposed to reduce the dislocation in Galaxy but if Ranka has some of them inside her belly they're also a connexion between vajra and Ranka which kills them and don't make them immunize anymore.

My though is that their technology may be constitute by different type of cristal for the dislocation and for the immunize mode which is connected to Sheryl.

Maybe in singing aimo against the vajra, Ranka is killing Sheryl too in making her lose her resistance against disease like Grace.

Grace is a cyborg so she has a healthy body, but unlike Sheryl she doesn't have the earring and the fairy 9 project may have included more than just a download of a consciousness....

Sheryl's voice doesn't seem to have an impact on the vajra like Ranka and the fairy 9 project failed. So what's the use of Sheryl earring ?

Aimo , version of Ranka is of no use for the vajra and i don't think the original use of this song was to kill the vajra ( What a mother! To sing this kind of lullaby to her child ^_^ )

I think Aimo , was like a lot of people think, to pacify them or for entering in contact with them wich will probably happen with Sheryl earring CRISTAL ( the one who reduce the distance/dislocation) AND with Ranka (the ones inside her which is a part of the immunity system of the vajra but in a lower degre, which make them inoffensive )

This can also respond to the why Grace called her the little queen. Ranka has the most important cristal inside her ( the same type of the immunize one which is a master card for the vajra technology ). It could also explain why Shery's voice has no impact on the vajra because the other crystal is missing.

Therefore, this could also explain why Ranka can't comminicate with the vajra even when she sings Aimo.

I think it needs the combinaison of the two cristal : Sheryl's cristal = Reduce the distance between her and the vajra but doesn't create a link.

Ranka's cristal = Create the link between her and the vajra and lower their immunity system

So the vajra technology may be constituted by two major cristal. Which can explain their bio( Thieir link with their queen who owns the cristal which can interact with their " bio consciousness ") + mecha( Shery's link for dislocation) reaction to the cristal and song.

As for, how Ranka has this cristal it's all due to her mother, which may have find them somewhere in the galaxy and either created the vajra with those and put some in Ranka's belly to exterminate Grace comrades which like Zentradi in SDF M wanted the macross, they want it to rule the galaxy and need to wiped out the vajra OR the vajra already existed and she used them for her scheme.( more unlikely thought)

Sheryl is needed here so I don't think she will die ! I just though that if Sheryl's earring is the way to create a link, you can just grab it and throw her :lol: ( I'm joking, but the term emotion here must be a way to explain that it's not just the earring but also the emotion she puts in her song which active the cristal( like episode 7 ) and the same for Ranka who needs it too to activate her belly's cristal like Grace said?

We heard Sheryl singing aimo like 10 second in this episode, Ranka is in short of emotion sometimes even if in this episode she seemed doing well I can already see a Shery/Randa duet ( no, I'm not talking about the OP lol ) with Sheryl who starts to sing for reaching out the vajra and Ranka who followed her to create the connexion.

And alto in all of this ? He must be the one who helped them the more in this serie in forcing them to face the reality, conforting them,... a girl :lol:

Like Bilra said he wasn't supposed to be in the scenario (which Bilra knew I think since the beginning) he is the link between the two songstress of hope !

For Grace, she sure wants to destroy the galaxy but why? A rapport with protoculture? I think she must be the failed project and wants to take her revenge on Sheryl who take the place of the eight other Grace's clone :blink: lol. I will wait to see for Grace.

So maybe the girls will hate each other because of a guy but they will surely cooperate to save The Humanity B))

( Half asleep now..I should stop here for not having another crazy explanation following the others) :)

Btw, I seriously want to hear a full Sheryl version of Aimo now.

Or a duet/duo ?

I almost forgot, what is this ? :

http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=89816728ew9tx0.jpg

http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=74625564ma2qw9.jpg

Edited by rubi

I'm glad to see that there have been no neutral or negative votes thus far for this episode - I'd have to personally strangle anyone offering dissent.

WOW! Where to start? This episode seems to really bust everything open. The new OP is made of win. Nakedness.

I don't speak Japanese, but ti seems fairly obvious what transpires in Grace and Sheryl's dialog. Dr. Mao really does seem to be THE Mao.

Michel and Klan, kid detectives! They are putting it together, as is Ozma. Great stuff.

Princess Alto being offered the dress by the street peddler - classic! LMFAO.

There is much that subs will reveal for us gaijin, but it is very clear that this ep marks a true turning point for the series. I had mad goosebumps several times while watching.

It is a fantastic time to be a Macross fan.

Just finished watching Raw...

OMG!!! This episode was frickin' awesome!!!

BATTLE 25 is Attacker mode in the opening, my hope is restored. I cheered when it powered it's Macross cannon in cruiser mode as well. Damn there is way too much to talk about, and most of it has been talked about already.

Waiting for Subs to go more in depth on all the stuff that happened this week. DECULCHAA!!

Thanks for the OP screen caps, they'll make nice wallpaper. And besides the

blog I spy with my eye a Vajra in a test tube

?

there's at least 3 of whatever we're looking at in the second pic, my guess the true horror of the Vajra as mentioned a few episodes back...

New OP :lol:

Battle 25 Attacker mode confirmed

Konig monster battroid mode?

ZOMG!!!! :ph34r:

I think it's obvious what comes next: Quarter with enormous PPB knife, while the bridge crew sing along to Fire Bomber.

BOMBAA!

AND don't forget a GIANT Armored Pack!!!! :ph34r::lol:

I very much prefer a Cima Grahau's send-off from 0083 actually. Heck of a lot more personal and no such thing as a overkill if done right.

Well....we could have Alto impale her with a new weapon attached to his VF-25 with Armor Pack: http://i36.tinypic.com/168smko.jpg, AND at the same time he mumbles/screams something like The Only Good Cyborg is a DEAD Cyborg. :ph34r:

Bah, let's go for something new

:p Maybe a Monster can step on her or something

Heh.....remembers ASUKA II crew member that gets "palmed" by D.D.'s SV-51.

Nope, she will be reborn again and again.

Some sort of EMP weapon then? :ph34r:

Edited by grss1982

I though she was picked in the streets ?

But it doesn't explain her ilness and the fact that she's dying. If her consciousness was implanted into a cybernetic body it should be the same processus as Grace who died but is alive because of the download into the body.

So the new body is healthy when you see Grace but not that much for sheryl.

You may be right in telling that it's not her body which is ill but her consciousness, which can explain why she doesn't remeber her childhood ...

but I can't explain why she collapse often and seems to have a lot of high fever ( maybe a side effect?)

Actually, that whole bit was meant to be about Grace, I may have forgotten to make a good transition there. ^_^

What I wonder is if Grace became the actual first victim of that virus, and lost control of her original body, so they transplanted her consciousness to a cybernetic body, ala GITS. But say in order to make it work, they had to use the same computer technology that made Sharon go from a mild-mannered hologram to a crazy psycho love-obsessed nutball. Grace's machinations are no less borderline sane than Sharon's were I think, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of that bioengineered tech from Sharon's final AI is built into her.

Just a nikpick on Battle 25's gunship.

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macrossf/macross25/battle25.jpg

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macross7/newma...le7-gunship.gif

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macrossga/newm...le13-attack.gif

The gunship went from protusionless in episode one and others to one having a protusion like Battle 7 and Battle 13 in this episode.

Edited by RedWolf

I'm glad to see that there have been no neutral or negative votes thus far for this episode - I'd have to personally strangle anyone offering dissent.

Well, actually... I was thinking about voting neutral, just because the plot didn't advance very much, and it's pissing me off. :) But decided the good ultimately outweighed the bad

The gunship went from protusionless in episode one and others to one having a protusion like Battle 7 and Battle 13 in this episode.

Hrm, might explain why we haven't seen it in action until now; still working on the model, perhaps. ;)

My concern now is the fact that Grace has been on the bridge of the Frontier. For blocking her access on the network at the start to letting her stand on the bridge during maintance is just stupid on NUNs part.

A secondary thought if Klan can find the info on Grace... WHY HAS EVERYONE ELSED MISSED IT?!

My concern now is the fact that Grace has been on the bridge of the Frontier. For blocking her access on the network at the start to letting her stand on the bridge during maintance is just stupid on NUNs part.

A secondary thought if Klan can find the info on Grace... WHY HAS EVERYONE ELSED MISSED IT?!

Likely Frontier's public library isn't networked outside.

Well there's always Leon.

Anyway Frontier has solved M7's Fold engine charging problem.

Turn off every light in the colony. :lol:

And that's 12 hours.

-Sheryl will find her voice again in the end. I have no doubt about that. This is her proverbial kick-in-the-ass.

-Ranka will fail just like Sheryl. Her song already wasn't working when the Vajra decided to go after her.

-Which all leads to those 2 singing "Aimo" together.

-Grace doing work on Galaxy was a smart idea. That fleet is a haven for scientific exploration. She has the perfect cover there.

-I wonder if Grace is perverting the work that Dr. Mao and them were working on.

"Lion" I can like more than "Triangular". "Northern Cross".... that one needs to grow on me.

As for Battle Frontier's debut... NOW THAT'S A MOTHA FRAKIN MACROSS CANNON. Not that pee-shooter on Quarter. <_<

haha...great catch on the Kawamori blog

nice to see old Mao, too bad she died...Grace I f*cking hate you but you're still uber hot!!

poor Sheryl, she HAS to end up with Alto, hahaha

Ranka is boring, she doesn't even know what she's doing...

Battle 25...f*ck yeah!... is like Kawamori is reading the forum and updating to please us!!

EDIT: woa! that Monsters is a huge mofo on the deck of the 25

hmm...interesting... Macross quarter 0.25 and Battle 25.. hahaha!!

Edited by Valkyrie addict