The Macross Deculture cook book

• 2 weeks later...
Tuna buns. Relieves everyone of stress and lets them see the comical in a situation.

On the contrary, i think they lightened up when they saw the buns (who wouldn't? :p ), but when they ate it, alto started getting fatalistic (there's no way out), sheryl got some suicidal tendencies (i don't care if that's vacuum out there, i'm leaving) and ranka got... well... absolutely quiet.

ergo...

seeing nyan nyan tuna buns = lighten up!

eatging nyan nyan tuna buns = despair! :lol:

On the contrary, i think they lightened up when they saw the buns (who wouldn't? :p ), but when they ate it, alto started getting fatalistic (there's no way out), sheryl got some suicidal tendencies (i don't care if that's vacuum out there, i'm leaving) and ranka got... well... absolutely quiet.

ergo...

seeing nyan nyan tuna buns = lighten up!

eatging nyan nyan tuna buns = despair! :lol:

They actually ate them?

i think they did. i seem to remember the lunchbox being empty before sheryl tried to leave, but i'll have to watch again to be sure.

You're right. They did eat them... off-screen anyway. Speaking of Nyan nyan food, I've always wondered what's in the "Zentra-don". Only seen in the nyan nyan commercial. 100x Size perhaps ^_^

You're right. They did eat them... off-screen anyway. Speaking of Nyan nyan food, I've always wondered what's in the "Zentra-don". Only seen in the nyan nyan commercial. 100x Size perhaps ^_^

"made from pure unaltered zentran flesh, 100% illegal" ^_^

Say, what did alto & sheryl had during dinner last episode(23)?.

The next day, Alto has gone like, "if Ranka is made a tool of the Vajra, then I’ll kill her" or something like that? :huh: Correct me if i'm wrong.

Dunno looks fancy. Alto isn't much of domestic husband like Max.

Oh another!

Non-Alcoholic drink = drunk and child spoiled Sheryl

Non-Alcoholic drink = drunk and child spoiled Sheryl

I was assuming that Alto makes a distinction between alcohol (hard liquor) and champagne. He told her to slow down, and didn't seem surprised that she was wasted by the end. If she was drinking sparkling grape juice, I'd think Alto would be a little more incredulous.

ok this must be what they were cooking.

Daikon and chikuwa soup/stew. Simple to make (water, daikon, chikuwa, katsuo (katsuobushi) and soya sauce to taste. Simple and hearty.

Simple and not easily screwed up is probably the reason why Sheryl opted to make it (though she still ended up slicing open a finger.)

Says a lot about her cooking skills, eh? ;)

ok, here some more:

(1.) [M0] The drink(coffee/soda? I dunno, can't recall) that Aries Turner poured on Roy Focker (after "feeling" Aries' behind :lol: ).

(2.) [MF] The one which Monica offered (from a bento box?) to Captain Wilder?

well, that's for now... :lol:

Daikon and chikuwa soup/stew added to the cook book, new word invented friendicidal :wacko:

hehe. friendicidal. cool. :D

the cookbook's growing. yeah, we totally forgot about the bento that Capt. Wilder ate. hmmm... was that the same episode where ozma saves the bridge from a cannon with his own barrier?

if so:

bento cooked by bridge bunny = acting totally calm and unresponsive in the face of imminent death. :p

excuse me, i'd like to think it makes her simply cuter. hehe. :p

I'm a bit conflicted with that bottle...the Luner subs has Alto saying non alcoholic beverage but that contradicts how Sheryl was acting...

And for two teens with a place to themselves why wouldn't it be alcoholic !? Who has Kompai (sp?) time with non alcoholic beverages?

I'm a bit conflicted with that bottle...the Luner subs has Alto saying non alcoholic beverage but that contradicts how Sheryl was acting...

The gg subs agree, so I'm pretty sure that wasn't a tricky bit to translate. The confusion comes from why Alto seems to think that it's still not a good idea for Sheryl to guzzle down her drink (born out one scene cut later). Some have speculated it's slightly alcoholic, and she manages to get drunk on it through excess, but I'm more inclined to think that the drink is simply very sugary, and Alto is going to warn her that drinking too much is still going to make her sleepy.

I think her behavior isn't entirely a result of the food, though, but has a pre-existing psychological cause. It's unclear whether it's something to do with her pills (as Alto thinks), something to do with her childhood (as suggested by the flashback), or maybe a mix of the two. She's already acting pretty silly well before they get down to dinner; the drink may have just made her doze off.

And for two teens with a place to themselves why wouldn't it be alcoholic !? Who has Kompai (sp?) time with non alcoholic beverages?

Alto. Seriously, Sheryl could have jumped all over him, and he wouldn't do anything. Heck, she already has.

As an aside, my favorite part of this whole scene has to be when Sheryl's using her chopsticks. Alto's got this wonderfully artistic set of dishes out, and she's so unsophisticated in comparison. :) Kinda inverts your expectation of what a superstar should act like ("Sheryl's rich! She must dine like this all the time!"), but then she had a very unusual rise to stardom.

Edited by DeeBot

The gg subs agree, so I'm pretty sure that wasn't a tricky bit to translate. The confusion comes from why Alto seems to think that it's still not a good idea for Sheryl to guzzle down her drink (born out one scene cut later). Some have speculated it's slightly alcoholic, and she manages to get drunk on it through excess, but I'm more inclined to think that the drink is simply very sugary, and Alto is going to warn her that drinking too much is still going to make her sleepy.

I think her behavior isn't entirely a result of the food, though, but has a pre-existing psychological cause. It's unclear whether it's something to do with her pills (as Alto thinks), something to do with her childhood (as suggested by the flashback), or maybe a mix of the two. She's already acting pretty silly well before they get down to dinner; the drink may have just made her doze off.

sounds reasonable. but the thing is, would alto really mind if she gets a sugar rush and gets sleepy? i don't see alto as the lonely kind who needs fully-awake company. he's not one to mind sheryl falling asleep on him. (it's what she would do on him while she's awake that worries him. hehe.)

i'd have to go on "slightly alcoholic" on this one, alto distinguishing alcoholic (sake) and law-acloholic beverages. for me, it's the only way alto's reaction to sheryl drinking too much.

Alto. Seriously, Sheryl could have jumped all over him, and he wouldn't do anything. Heck, she already has.

As an aside, my favorite part of this whole scene has to be when Sheryl's using her chopsticks. Alto's got this wonderfully artistic set of dishes out, and she's so unsophisticated in comparison. :) Kinda inverts your expectation of what a superstar should act like ("Sheryl's rich! She must dine like this all the time!"), but then she had a very unusual rise to stardom.

:lol: alto's soooo boring, ne? i'd take hikaru and his "love hotel nudge" anyday. much more natural. :lol:

i found the chopstick scene cute. :) on the other hand, maybe she's just not used to japanese cuisine, but quite the classy diner with french/western cuisine.

or maybe she knows how to act classy, but this is her natural state. she has grown so comfortable around alto, she's just thrown all pretentions aside (except of course, the pretention that she's completely upbeat about everything).

Edited by dreamweaver13

So Sheryl = Roseanne Bar....white trash :lol:

• 7 years later...