Macross Frontier Mecha/Technology Thread III *Read 1st Post*

azrael

Fade Rathnik

That's a pretty specific description. I'm not sure how much we can divine about the function of reaction weapons. But I will agree with you that without doubt OverTechnology physics and super dimension energy are involved. As I said above, most energy-based OverTechnologies seem tied to super dimension space/energy in some fashion (super-dimension-energy cannons, reaction engines, fold systems, barrier systems, etc). Your theory does combine a few known, but vaguely described elements of OverTechnology. We know thermonuclear reaction engines are "extremely efficient", so the power of reaction weapons may likely enjoy such highly efficient detonations, owing to their far great power than nuclear weapons. Also, your theory combines that fact that he big warships use super-dimension-energy as a destructive force, so reaction weapons may indeed utilize that same energy.

Sumdumgai

It's never been stated reaction weapons are radiationless. However, if they are fusion weapons (which has been used to describe reaction technology, see official literature) then reaction bombs would likely be much "cleaner" than nuclear weapons. Still, a certain amount of radiation is inevitable from most high energy reactions.

I understand.

Actually, it's interesting but don't you think the "Reaction" symbol is used much like a radiation symbol in Macross Frontier?

Like episode 17, when we saw the reaction warheads go off, the radar screens showed the explosion effects and had a big "reaction" symbol over the area. It looks like a radiation symbol to me :)

Copied from my post from Macross Mecha Manual:

First Macross Frontier Blu-ray disc is already out, and with it some nice info of mecha!

VF-171: Nothing news on it, although now we know that the recon version of VF-171 is is named RVF-171.

AIF-7S Ghost: Now here's where we got new info: it demonstrated high maneuverability which is not possible with human pilot, and able to fight in formation. However, if it's integrated sensor is blocked by ECM, it will face difficulty to adapt to new situation. (Not sure about this one... Can someone which better japanese than me help me on this one?)

EX-Gear: It mentioned that it can be used by new VF, which may indicate that EX-Gear can be used by other VF other than VF-25. It also mentioned that EX is the short form of "Extra".

Macross Frontier: Interestingly, while it mention that Macross Frontier is the 25th ship of New Macross Class, it also mention that it's actually the 55th Super-Long Distance Colonizations Fleet. Macross Galaxy is the 21th of New Macross Class, although no no. of Colonizations Fleet is given.

Source: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=27099

So now Armoured VF-25 packs have pinpoint barriers? A really big one too.

You'd think the frigate that got blasted in ep 1 should've had PPBs.

It makes sense that Frontier is the 55th Long Distance Colonization fleet as Macross 7 was the 37th. It has been assumed that before the New Macross class there was either 30 Megaroad fleets or something between Megaroad and the NMC. I go with the former though. Point is since the difference between 25 and 7 is 18 and if you add 18 to 37 you get 55, that all makes perfect sense. If Galaxy is the 21st NMC (even though it is unlike any NMC previously shown) then supposedly that makes it the 51st Long Distance Colonization fleet, but I am just speculating.

It makes sense that Frontier is the 55th Long Distance Colonization fleet as Macross 7 was the 37th. It has been assumed that before the New Macross class there was either 30 Megaroad fleets or something between Megaroad and the NMC. I go with the former though. Point is since the difference between 25 and 7 is 18 and if you add 18 to 37 you get 55, that all makes perfect sense. If Galaxy is the 21st NMC (even though it is unlike any NMC previously shown) then supposedly that makes it the 51st Long Distance Colonization fleet, but I am just speculating.

Frontier is the 55th Super-Long Distance Colonizations Fleet Not the 55th Long Distance Colonization fleet ;)

I'm positive they had, they just couldn't turn them on in time... Maybe they didn't expect such an attack from a single Vajra unit...

Btw...

I just watched episode 17 with subs, and I found this piece of info pretty interesting. According to Brera Stern, the Vajra are constantly evolving and the information about the damage that one unit receives is instantly shared and stored by the whole race, then used as feedback during the creation of new Vajra units. This makes the use of the same type of attack on them useless over time...

And the BFG of the VF-27 is called a "Quantum Laser"...

:ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Certain VF-25 have PPB called 'character shield', while the frigates from epi.1 got 'cannon fodder shield' type PPB. ^_^

I'm positive they had, they just couldn't turn them on in time... Maybe they didn't expect such an attack from a single Vajra unit...

Btw...

I just watched episode 17 with subs, and I found this piece of info pretty interesting. According to Brera Stern, the Vajra are constantly evolving and the information about the damage that one unit receives is instantly shared and stored by the whole race, then used as feedback during the creation of new Vajra units. This makes the use of the same type of attack on them useless over time...

Makes the Vajra sound like some kinda "antibodies of the galaxy and humans the virus of the galaxy" doesn't it? :lol: Now i wonder where i heard that before. ^_^

It isn't a Mac2 destroid, it is more of the next generation of the Cheyenne Destroid form Macross Zero actually.

Since Aquarion energy weapons in Kawamori's anime have been "quantum". He found a cool name and sticked with it :lol:

By the way, after a quick reading on wikipedia, I see that quantum is related both to elementary particles of matter (fermions) and photons ("light quanta"), so technically it could be even a laser, although a beam is more likely B))

FV

Btw...

I had no idea SK was a BSG fan... :p

Edited by Zinjo

it just really looks like the 1 for Macross 2

They are similar in the arms, but not much anywhere else...

cheyenne2.jpgtomahawk2.jpg

The Tomahawk II uses beam weapons (top) and rail guns (bottom) and large beam cannons on the shoulders, whereas the Cheyenne II uses gatling cannons (top) and beamweapons (bottom) and missiles on the shoulders...

More like a Borg or Replicator than a reimagined Cylon Raider.

I think its more akin the Vorlon or species 8472, thats if the vajra do not have a worker caste to build their ships.

Edited by LordDremen

The Tomahawk II uses beam weapons (top) and rail guns (bottom) and large beam cannons on the shoulders, whereas the Cheyenne II uses gatling cannons (top) and beamweapons (bottom) and missiles on the shoulders...

Don't forget the size difference.

Quantum Beam, but I guess that's being nitpicky ^_^

Maybe we can called it "Mini Macross Cannon" since the BFG itself is called Heavy Quantum Reaction Cannon.

Hmm, does this mean the VF-25s will get a new beam weapon? :huh: