Macross Frontier Mecha/Technology Thread III *Read 1st Post*

azrael

How many do they usually come with? Episode 18 mentions there being no less than 30 of them in the front. Though scene seemed to imply the possibility they were maybe putting in additional ones? Also, seemed to me like they were preparing a stage of sorts for Ranka, which looked very much like certain legendary one from DYRL B))

This kinda made me thought...why doesn't the Quarter itself have a PPB at least on the exposed bridge? Its kinda strange that it didn't receive any hits (at least not shown) and yet doesn't have a PPB up on the most important part of the ship? Would the bridge be blown to bits if Ozma wasn't there? :rolleyes:

I was wondering do anyone have a good screen capture of the Macross25(Battle 25) and Macross Quarter from the new open in a nice resolution?

Also after tons of looking I have a noob question what does "Deculture" mean?

Is this good enough?

Battle13.jpg

As for Deculture refer to the Newbie thread. Already answered.

Macross Frontier's Battle 25 have more point defenses than the rest of the class.

They did mention over 30 PPB, but I doubt that's for Battle Frontier alone it could be for the entire Island cluster. If is for Battle Frontier alone, I think the repulsive/full barrier system is much more efficient compare using 30 PPB (Not to mention there will be over 30 PPB girls screaming hysterically during action......wait...thats a good thing ^^).

They did mention over 30 PPB, but I doubt that's for Battle Frontier alone it could be for the entire Island cluster. If is for Battle Frontier alone, I think the repulsive/full barrier system is much more efficient compare using 30 PPB (Not to mention there will be over 30 PPB girls screaming hysterically during action......wait...thats a good thing ^^).

that is just 30 for front side fo battle frontier. the more hysterically screaming PPB bunnies the better.

The Battle 25 is definitely far more heavily armed than any of the New Macross Class ships we've seen up until now. Aside from the Super Beam Weapon, the official statistics mention only 4 additional beam cannons for the NMC armament. Some fans have speculated there may have been more point defense guns or hidden missile launchers, but it's clear there weren't any big double or triple turrets on the NMC like those shown on the Battle 25.

Regardless, that is one mean looking NMC. I dare say the NMC has never looked so damn good :)

Oh yeah baby. Miyatake's design finally been done some justice B))

Agreed. Like I always said, the UN Spacy warships was one of the few things they did right in Macross 7. Seeing the NMC all decked out in a full "macross war style" does the Miyatake design truly proud. :)

Agreed. Like I always said, the UN Spacy warships was one of the few things they did right in Macross 7. Seeing the NMC all decked out in a full "macross war style" does the Miyatake design truly proud. :)

Agreed. ^_^ While I admit I have warmed up considerably to seven over the years, one of the few things I really liked from the getgo was the plethora of cruisers and frigates and whatnot that accompanied the fleet. On the flip side, one of the most dissappointing things was that a lot of the battle footage (which there really is too much to justify them being that poorly done) was just the same old stock footage of all these ships sitting uselessly around getting blown up over and over. :mellow:

Agreed. ^_^ While I admit I have warmed up considerably to seven over the years, one of the few things I really liked from the getgo was the plethora of cruisers and frigates and whatnot that accompanied the fleet. On the flip side, one of the most dissappointing things was that a lot of the battle footage (which there really is too much to justify them being that poorly done) was just the same old stock footage of all these ships sitting uselessly around getting blown up over and over. :mellow:

So far the Battle 25's debut has been great and it's clear from the new OP that we're destined to see more than that :)

I like that they've kept many of the good warship designs from Macross 7, like the Stealth Frigate, Guantanamo and Uraga ships. I'd also like to know more about our favorite exploding cruiser, that always falls to the Red Vajra's big gun :)

Speaking of the Battle 25, how about that weird way that it fires the main gun in cruiser mode? THat's really throwing me for a loop.

I speculated on another board that the Super Beam Weapon might need to gather energy around itself, similar to the way it functioned in Macross 7. The Macross 7 gunship also ejected what looked like blowback gas of some kind when fired. Perhaps this elaborate extrication of the Super Beam Weapon firing pylon in the Battle 25 served to free obstructions from around the gun enabling it to fire unhindered for carrier mode? Rampant fan speculation here :)

So far the Battle 25's debut has been great and it's clear from the new OP that we're destined to see more than that :)

I like that they've kept many of the good warship designs from Macross 7, like the Stealth Frigate, Guantanamo and Uraga ships. I'd also like to know more about our favorite exploding cruiser, that always falls to the Red Vajra's big gun :)

Speaking of the Battle 25, how about that weird way that it fires the main gun in cruiser mode? THat's really throwing me for a loop.

I speculated on another board that the Super Beam Weapon might need to gather energy around itself, similar to the way it functioned in Macross 7. The Macross 7 gunship also ejected what looked like blowback gas of some kind when fired. Perhaps this elaborate extrication of the Super Beam Weapon firing pylon in the Battle 25 served to free obstructions from around the gun enabling it to fire unhindered for carrier mode? Rampant fan speculation here :)

Or maybe Max was just showing off because he's like that. Granted this means Exedol also showed off in Fleet of the Strongest Women, transforming the ship just to purposely misfire.

(...) Perhaps this elaborate extrication of the Super Beam Weapon firing pylon in the Battle 25 served to free obstructions from around the gun enabling it to fire unhindered for carrier mode? Rampant fan speculation here :)

Nah. They did it cause it looks cool.

Nah. They did it cause it looks cool.

Hey a Macross Cannon need to split up first and charge right? :rolleyes: Battle Frontier is probably the best NMC currently in service, I say Battle Frontier > Battle-13 > Battle-7. And only Kawamori knows what Battle Galaxy will look like. <_<

Anyone not really digging the heads of the battle25 and the quarter? They look a bit too gundam'ish for my taste, the SDF-1 bridge looked more like a "bridge" than a head.. just random thought....

Well SDF-1's bridge was never meant to be the head of a giant robot. The NMC carriers were designed to transform initially, whereas the SDF-1 wasn't. This despite an odd modular block system that seems to serve no purpose besides rerouting power to the main cannon and happens to make the ship look humanoid.

Battle Frontiers head is almost identical to Battle 7's head. I don't see that the big deal is.

More guns on the Battle 25 than Battle 7.

battle7-attack.png

Battle13.jpg

Each NMC we've seen is different.

Battle 5 is made with Zentradi tech as it is more organic in aesthetic.

battle5-carrier.gif

Battle 13 is probably the most well armoured NMC.

battle13-attack.gif

Also compared to the rest of the New Macross Class Battle 25 has a bigger bridge.

Battle 7

Battle7.jpg

The usual NMC has a dinky head.

Edited by RedWolf

Yeah seems like that to me plus opening up the main firing mechanism and lowering it below the 4 barrels that it normally fires through (Like the Battle 7 always did) allowed the beam to fire in an arc probably by swiveling the main mechanism without a need turning the ship or needing to transform. Had that not been done it probably would have focused the shot as it normally does through the barrels and only been able to fire straight ahead. But it does make the main gun even more vulnerable when it did that as it no longer had the main mechanism encased in the guns protective housing. Aside from doing that the two guns of the Battle 7 and 25 are identical in apperance so maybe the 7 just never did it or it was a new adition to the guns abilities

Edited by Sorata

Firing unhindered seems to be the primary reason. Otherwise if it fired in a stationary position while still attached to the Island fleet the whole fleet would have to move to alter the angle of fire.

It was great seeing the Super Beam Cannon in CGI animated glory. Brings back fond memories of the old days :)

You know I'm amazed at the rate of production of NMC colonies.

Macross Frontier's Miss Macross was at it's 20 year so presumably it was launched in 2039.

A year after Macross 7 was launched. It is the 55th emigration fleet and 25th Macross fleet.

You know I'm amazed at the rate of production of NMC colonies.

Macross Frontier's Miss Macross was at it's 20 year so presumably it was launched in 2039.

A year after Macross 7 was launched. It is the 55th emigration fleet and 25th Macross fleet.

I thought episode 4 said it was the 12th Frontier Miss Macross? Which would mean it was launched in 2047 assuming they did a Miss Macross every year since launch.

Ja, there was a mistake on the banner over the contest, it read 20th, but the dialogue named it the 12th. It was later confirmed that it was supposed to be the 12th.

I think that we'll see both a new type of gun pod or cannon round and that there will be something that will replace the reflex weapons

Alright so the Frontier fleet has been going for at least 12 years, that makes me wonder just what are the requirements for settling down on a planet and calling it home. Also got me thinking about something else, what if the UNS/NUNS and those in command of the colony program are just writing off a fleet every so often so that it could be taken off the books making it so that the human race has a backup plan. (yes I know that the whole colony fleet thing is the backup plan, but "Plan A almost never works, plan B rarely works and plan C almost always works.") If there are colony fleets out there listed as lost that are doing just fine then any enemy who is able to spy on the colony command network would know nothing about them. And I know what has been said before about the Megaroad One, but the whole 'lost' thing could have been a cover up. Some in command may not have trusted the Zentradi who were now working with the UNS not to turn and wipe out what was left of the human race. So list the fleet as lost then have them fold as far away as they could. Not really tech, sorry 'bout that.

I think that we'll see both a new type of gun pod or cannon round and that there will be something that will replace the reflex weapons

Alright so the Frontier fleet has been going for at least 12 years, that makes me wonder just what are the requirements for settling down on a planet and calling it home. Also got me thinking about something else, what if the UNS/NUNS and those in command of the colony program are just writing off a fleet every so often so that it could be taken off the books making it so that the human race has a backup plan. (yes I know that the whole colony fleet thing is the backup plan, but "Plan A almost never works, plan B rarely works and plan C almost always works.") If there are colony fleets out there listed as lost that are doing just fine then any enemy who is able to spy on the colony command network would know nothing about them. And I know what has been said before about the Megaroad One, but the whole 'lost' thing could have been a cover up. Some in command may not have trusted the Zentradi who were now working with the UNS not to turn and wipe out what was left of the human race. So list the fleet as lost then have them fold as far away as they could. Not really tech, sorry 'bout that.

Ehem, reaction weaponary, not reflex <_< .

AFAIK there are several fleet that went missing/destroyed, the first one is the famous Megaroad (missing), and then there's New-Macross 5 (destroyed), Megaroad-13 (destroyed/assimilated into Varauta), the 117th research fleet (destroyed) and Macross Galaxy fleet (missing). You could be right that Megaroad 1 could be safe and found a sanctuary world to ensure mankind survival just in case another protoculture scale conflict occurs again.

About Macross Frontier settiling on a planet, I wonder if those island cluster could actually enters atmosphere without breaking up :huh:

About Macross Frontier settling on a planet, I wonder if those island cluster could actually enters atmosphere without breaking up :huh:

I highly doubt it. They look like that will orbit a planet and be used for other things until the colony on the surface becomes self efficient. Like continue producing goods and food so the colony can build its self up.

But if they can land the whole Frontier Colony , they would have to separate each unit and land in a body of water.

About Macross Frontier settiling on a planet, I wonder if those island cluster could actually enters atmosphere without breaking up :huh:

Well Akusho, Basara's pad, is a smaller version of an island. It is attached to City 7 but is unregistered.

The islands themselves are ship.

The Island Cluster fleet is quite unique compared to other NMC.

Macross 7 had several civilian residential ships with it. Connected by the navigational Milky Road.

Macross 1 had 4 shelldomeless NMC.

Macross 5 had 3 NMC, one three star factory ship and one Neo Nupetiet-Vergnitzs bis Zentradi battleship.

Landing the entire Macross Frontier/25 upon a planet in the same way the fleet is linked in space is probably not possible. But since each Island can be disconnected, what would be the point? The Islands obviously have gravity control systems just like Island 1 and the other Islands also possess retractable shells for the dome. I see no reason why they couldn't make planet fall on their own. They are designed for colonization after all and if Island 1 can do it, the smaller Islands should have no trouble doing the same.

Edited by Mr March

Landing the entire Macross Frontier/25 upon a planet in the same way the fleet is linked in space is probably not possible. But since each Island can be disconnected, what would be the point? The Islands obviously have gravity control systems just like Island 1 and the other Islands also possess retractable shells for the dome. I see no reason why they couldn't make planet fall on their own. They are designed for colonization after all and if Island 1 can do it, the smaller Islands should have no trouble doing the same.

But the problem is the island doesn't have a control unit (command section or whatsoever), it seems like the entire island is controlled by Battle Frontier. In New Macross Colony ship, each of the habitat ship got it own command ship. Besides we haven't seen whether the island could be independent when its separated from the cluster.

But the problem is the island doesn't have a control unit (command section or whatsoever), it seems like the entire island is controlled by Battle Frontier. In New Macross Colony ship, each of the habitat ship got it own command ship. Besides we haven't seen whether the island could be independent when its separated from the cluster.

That's a pretty loose argument there.

It has been shown that a NMC city block can independently fold and land on a planet. Thus have it's own control systems.

The Island Cluster class is merely a fleet physically connected together.

Anyone not really digging the heads of the battle25 and the quarter? They look a bit too gundam'ish for my taste, the SDF-1 bridge looked more like a "bridge" than a head.. just random thought....

I don't dislike the designs of the bridge towers, but I dislike the size of the bridge tower for Battle Frontier. It looks too oversized, given the size of the ship itself. It's like, why is the bridge tower so big? Did they install an Imax in the tower? Maybe one of those huge healthclubs with multiple floors and several large pools? It's like twice the size it looks like it should be.

Not that this bothers me all that much. It still looks freakin' sweet. I really want Bandai to release a series of Macross ship toys. The Macross, the Global, Battle 7, Battle Frontier, and the Quarter. All in scale to each other.