Macross Frontier Mecha/Technology Thread III *Read 1st Post*

azrael

BTW......what's up with Ozma and folded vertical fins? :mellow:

mf25066se8.th.jpgthpix.gif

He did it in episode 14 now he's doing it again. :huh:

Looks like the animator put the armor pack onto a VF-25 model set to un-armored posture. Look the tail and the root of the wing are covered by the leg armor. Happened to Ozma in the second Ep on take off.

GhostV-94.jpg

GhostV-95.jpg

The big gun is its main weapon. It also uses missles.

Thanks for the list of Ghosts pics!!

so there's a purple colored variant to the V9?

and i vaguely remembered reading a magazine article which mentioned that Luca's ghosts are different from the "normal" ghosts from NUNS, but i couldn't really tell the different from the small picture.

also noticed that the Galaxy's V9 placed its eye camera back onto the front tip of the ghost just like the Macross Plus' X9 version.

aaah thanks for the pics klam1020!

noticed Galaxy's emblem says "Since 2336" ??!?! :blink::o what's that mean?!

Alto's 171EX has more armor and thrusters on those legs and the chest.

Still can't tell much differences between Luca's ghosts and the common NUNS version, other than the color differences and the marking on it saying SMS instread of NUNS

Edited by Shun

The Battle Galaxy looks like a different type of ship. The head looks like a damn VF-27 head sensor. Whats up with that? Is it still a New Macross?

yep, other than the head, the galaxy looks the same as the Frontier only purple.

The Battle Galaxy looks like a different type of ship. The head looks like a damn VF-27 head sensor. Whats up with that? Is it still a New Macross?

It is there are different variants of the NMC carrier but they are all Macross.

The Big M ... Battle 7

battle7-attack.png

Zentradi Variant... Battle 5

battle5-carrier.gif

Macross 13... Battle 13

battle13-attack.gif

Frontier Battle 25... Battle Frontier

battle25-attack.jpg

Galaxy Battle 21... Battle Galaxy

BattleGalaxy4.jpg

It is there are different variants of the NMC carrier but they are all Macross.

The Big M ... Battle 7

battle7-attack.png

Zentradi Variant... Battle 5

battle5-carrier.gif

Macross 13... Battle 13

battle13-attack.gif

Frontier Battle 25... Battle Frontier

battle25-attack.jpg

Galaxy Battle 21... Battle Galaxy

BattleGalaxy4.jpg

Been playing spot the difference between the newer ones (Battle Frontier and Galaxy) versus the older ones. Their waist area seems closer to that of Battle 13 and their legs seem to be bulkier. Also, they're both packing more guns each than 5 and 7. Also, Battle Galaxy's shoulders fold downwards, making them look kinda like those on Battle 13.

Edited by d3v

And also they put some articulation on the NMC bridge, since Battle Galaxy head are tracking Canaria when she landed on the gunship.

Battle Frontier barrier is very powerful IMO, they took hits from Vajra gunship as it was nothing and survive with some damage to its Macross Cannon gunship when it took full blast from Battle Galaxy Macross Cannon.

We don't know if it was a full power blast from Battle Galaxy. Judging from the power of Frontier's gunship when firing a blast, able to wipe out a massive fleet of vajra drones, I'd say that Battle Galaxy's Macross Cannon was not firing at full blast.

Watch Galaxy's shoulders right before it fires at Frontier/Quarter---very different position than the screen cap before. Presumably they can move/track quite independently of the arms etc.

BTW---why is "shoulder gun use" almost never seen, despite being the most prominent guns on every Macross ship after the main gun?

BTW---why is "shoulder gun use" is almost never seen, despite being the most prominent guns on every Macross ship after the main gun.

Same reason the 25mm wing cannons were almost never used. They are FAR too cool to actually use. (really I have no idea :D)

Maybe they just never get around to it. "Hey, wouldn't it be cool to fire those shoulder guns here?" "Yeah." Next script meeting, "screw the shoulder guns! Let's animate another main gun shot!" "Yeah!"

Maybe they just never get around to it. "Hey, wouldn't it be cool to fire those shoulder guns here?" "Yeah." Next script meeting, "screw the shoulder guns! Let's animate another main gun shot!" "Yeah!"

Or perhaps the animators/CG artists just said, "No".

Yup, the gunship of Frontier and the gunpod of Quarter were both destroyed by the same shot.

Actually no. Quarter's cannon grazed the macross cannon and they let go of the cannon. Frontier's gunship more or less took a direct hit but was damaged rather than completely destroyed. After landing on Vajra homeplanet (which i would like to now call Planet Frontier for ease) their cannons are still intact and has abit of damaged look to it.

Unless of course its a blooper.

Actually no. Quarter's cannon grazed the macross cannon and they let go of the cannon. Frontier's gunship more or less took a direct hit but was damaged rather than completely destroyed. After landing on Vajra homeplanet (which i would like to now call Planet Frontier for ease) their cannons are still intact and has abit of damaged look to it.

Vajra homeplanet = PC home as well?

gsbyebyedb4.th.pngthpix.gif

Looks to me like Battle Frontier's Gunship was a goner when Battle Galaxy fired. :( BUT, Macross Quarter's Gunship seems to be intact. :)

Anyways at least we get an excuse for using an NMC-sized 'Falcon Punch" later on against Battle Galaxy. :lol:

Battle Frontier: You Broke my TOY. :angry: NOW I WILL BREAK YOU!!! :angry:

Edited by grss1982

gsbyebyedb4.th.pngthpix.gif

Looks to me like Battle Frontier's Gunship was a goner when Battle Galaxy fired. :( Thus the excuse for using the NMC-sized 'Falcon Punch" later on against Battle Galaxy. :lol:

Battle Galaxy: You Broke my TOY. :angry: I WILL BREAK YOU!!! :angry:

Macross Quarter's Gunship though seems to be intact. :)

At the end when the Quarter settles in the lake, you can see a little bit of damage to the right arm.

Animation Blooper??? :ph34r:

snapshot20080929180430nd1.th.jpg

WTF!!? Gunship is back? :blink:

From the look of my earlier pic, it seemed to have been blown up. :mellow:

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gsbyebyedb4.png

Well not totally.

Yeah....but it does seem a huge chunk of it got blasted out relatively splitting it in two. Maybe they just attached what was left of it back onto Battle Frontier. :lol:

Normal Pack?

Notice that it doesn't even have a GUNPOD!!! :ph34r:

Ladies & Gentlement I present to you the Macross Quarter Kamikaze Squad. :ph34r:

But seriously.....I've mentioned that before either here or on the Episode 25 thread, and I'd like to blame the shortage of Super Pack parts on Alto. :lol: IIRC, not only did he managed to loss 2 VF-25F's and a VF-171EX he also managed to loose (by the end of the series) 2 Armored Packs and at least 3 Super Packs. <_< He's lucky that Mr. Bilrer has his billions. :wacko:

OR:

He's an Alto fan and is so eager to be like him that he started jettisoning parts before the battle even began (begun?).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: