DECULTURE!!! Ranka's Phone and Gubaba (Custom Plush)

crasis

Thanks for all the kind birthday wishes, guys!!!

only an evil twin! She bakes your macross collection in an oven instead of baking a macross cake.

I'll start to worry when I see her walking around with a goatee...

:o:unsure:

:p:D

Your wife sounds pretty talented, she should sell some of her work.

You have an awesome collection BTW.

Thanks! I've been meaning to take photos of the Macross shelves for awhile now. I think I'll get around to that soon.

I've been trying to tell her for awhile now that she could take commissions. I also have a series of UN Spacy symbol pillows (in red/white and low-viz grey - she's pays so much attention to detail) that she made awhile back. Would any of you guys be interested in something like this? She's debating creating a plush of Ranka's little green pet, Ai-chan, next. Or possibly a bushel of rainbow carrots, since we all know how important those are to growing Zentran bodies. ;)

Having a wife is not just about what she can do for you, but what you can do for each other. It's the best. (going on 5 years for me.)

Absolutely!! And congrats!! :) Trust me, I treat this woman like the angel she is! We've been together for over 8 years, married for nearly 2. It was the best decision I ever made. She's more than my wife - she's also my best friend. And she's highly supportive of my hobbies...within reason. She will remind me from time to time when I'm going a wee bit overboard on spending. And I appreciate her for it.

Gotta ask--does the phone make noise if you squeeze it? :)

PS--I see you're one of the zillion people BUT me that already has Soul Calibur IV... :p

Ha! No, it doesn't make noise...but that is a great idea! She says she debated gutting a pet toy to get the squeak mechanism, but she couldn't find one that sounded quite right. :lol:

Yeah, I completely lucked out with the Soul Calibur IV. The guy at Wal-Mart was too busy to call a manager over to figure out why the screen was warning him about a "street date," so he did something to cancel it and rung it up anyway. I've been playing since Saturday, and it was the hit of my party. I already managed to create a custom Kamina character from Gurren Lagann (all I need is a pair of red triangle glasses) to punish my foes with burning spirit!

Just out of interest, what does Deculture mean anyway?

I know this has come up a few times in the Movies and TV series section, and it is kind of a wacky term (and also my gamer tag on Xbox Live, so I tend to have to explain it a lot) but here's a definition I compiled using some quotations from fellow MW forum members (forgive me for not giving credit where credit is due!) and watching the various Macross anime:

deculture

[day-kuhl-cher or day-kuhl-cha]

Uses:

"Zentran & Meltran?? DECULTURE!"

"Gorgeous, Delicious, Deculture!"

"Deculcha" (デ:カルチャ) is translated as "stupid thing" (バカな事) or "terrifying thing" (恐ろしい事). By themselves, "de" (デ) means "no" or acts as a negative prefix, and "culcha" (カルチャ) means "wonderful thing" (素晴らしい事)."

Prior to discovering culture, the phrase was generally uttered by Zentradi in an "oh my god!", "unbelievable," "impossible!" connotation, usually negative.

Since Zentradi and their language have long been absorbed into the population for decades now by 2059 (time of Macross Frontier), it would seem that the phrase has become a form of slang, much like the word "bad" has come to mean "good" in Earth culture. The general meaning seems to be "incredible" or "unbelievable." Or "cool."

HAR HAR on all the hairy jokes, guys. :p I get that from my Scottish dad. And, because my parents never did get along, my mother's genes are responsible for the hair on my head now thinning and beginning to fall out. I'm cursed, what can I say? :p Though those pics certainly aren't flattering, now that I'm looking back. :ph34r:

Crasis, I love your wife.

Hey! That's my job! :lol:

What sort of Mac is that in the background?

iMac G5, before they started adding the Intel processors. It's not the most powerful machine in the world, but it gets the job done for basic design needs.

Edited by crasis

My favorite – chocolate cake with vanilla frosting (and a whole lotta food coloring ^_^ ). It is full of transfatty goodness, I'm sure, but yumlicious! Here's all that's left:

100_4931cake.jpg

Someone's going to have to cut Sheryl's face...because I just can't bring myself to. :unsure::lol:

i want the sheryl piece...why? because its big ^_^

i mean the cake :lol:

speaks ala ranka when she greeted alto on his bday in gallia 4)

HAPPY BDAY, Crasis_KUN

:lol:

iMac G5, before they started adding the Intel processors. It's not the most powerful machine in the world, but it gets the job done for basic design needs.

Ah ok, cheers for the quick reply.