Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie

Valkyrie Nut

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 10:05 PM, jvmacross said:

Very nice!  It's a shame none of these Macross games ever enjoyed a US release.

Agreed. Though this particular game is very accessible for Western players, considering it works on a US Super Nintendo and the text is all English.

@Sauce Dog - Always glad to see others who appreciate this great game. Did you think about using the official art for your custom cover?

7B1DD9CA-2EF3-4FA7-A1B6-1CFEE6C62F65.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 7:54 AM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Agreed. Though this particular game is very accessible for Western players, considering it works on a US Super Nintendo and the text is all English.

@Sauce Dog - Always glad to see others who appreciate this great game. Did you think about using the official art for your custom cover?

7B1DD9CA-2EF3-4FA7-A1B6-1CFEE6C62F65.jpeg

While it is amazing art, it didn't fit well within the available area on the SNES cover - and truth be told, I prefer an action shot which is what would have been traditionally used for a North American released game.

• 2 years later...

The oldest posts in this topic are like an emulation blast from the past :D That's pretty cool. ZSNES, SNES9x, nowadays I use Retroarch. I forget exactly what core I use. Something something balanced.

I played it with the Overtech and SRAM ROMhacks today. Use the Overtech patch first then use the appropriate SRAM patch. Use Lunar IPS to apply the patches to a clean ROM. https://www.romhacking.net/games/3770/ This link is 100% not copyright infringing.

I'm very impressed by this game. It's fast paced, a huge spectacle, throws a lot of varied stuff at you, controls well (even better with the L and R controls in one of the hacks), and sounds great. It gave me Contra 3 vibes in how awesome it got at times.

It's really interesting that there's a lot of English in the base ROM. Or rather Engrish. I haven't gotten to the end of the game yet, but if the game throws "CONDITION CLITICAL" at me I'm going to die :D

• 1 year later...
33 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Very cool! Is that in your possession? Or did you see it for sale somewhere?

It's mine.

I have actually been looking for one for decades.  My assumption had always been that it must exist (along with a promo poster), but for the longest time it had eluded me.  I'm guessing a combination of low initial print run and people/retailers just tossing them out has resulted in an extremely low survival rate. 

The hunt for the elusive promo poster continues....