MW CON 2008 picture thread

yeah i great times. Misterryno sort of weirded me out a bit when he started talking to his Grimlock toy!!! hahaha funny guy.

HA! :lol: He sure was giving me some good pointers though.

:ph34r:

You guys need to meet Misterryno. he is a laugh. his exuberant character and zaniness is just a sight to behold. I look forward to seeing you again, Misterryno, at the next MWCON. jsut keep grimlock in Denver haha.

HA!!! Thanks for the props yo!!! I will for sure be there again....and I will leave Grimmy here :(

You guys need to meet Misterryno. he is a laugh. his exuberant character and zaniness is just a sight to behold. I look forward to seeing you again, Misterryno, at the next MWCON. jsut keep grimlock in Denver haha.

And don't give him any caffeine or movie tickets(see his car pic). But yeah we went to see Dark Knight in MEMO1DOMION's old van, hilarity ensued, and at the end people were wanting food. So we hit up this Denny's off I-5 I think, and waas dissapointed they don't have biscuits and gravy on the menu(an earfull I was giving the rest of those guys eariler.) But I was able to get them to make me a plate, then I see Tommy walk up and recognize and I'm like "OK wtf were you following us?" because he was talking about Dark Knight. Appartly him and MEMO1DOMION have had a professional/personal relationship and he text'd him to stop by. So yeah he saw how awesome they did my biscuits and gravy and got some too and we just talked. He was afraid we thought he was the AntiChrist and I just offered to introduce him to my brother if he wanted a baseline on that. But he seems like a decent guy. Here's a pic of us around the table.

post-320-1216854118_thumb.jpg

Here's another story. After finding the place Saturday we made a booze/chips run all in our own vehicles in probably a borderline dangerous formation to the grocery store. I rented this PT Cruiser and am either following GTA's truck or Mechatek's UN Spacy logo on his aft window. Roll right up on GTA's bumper, I don't think this pic does justice, it was only a mm away from his and not connection was made. Maybe his pic came out better.

post-320-1216854480_thumb.jpg

You guys need to meet Misterryno. he is a laugh. his exuberant character and zaniness is just a sight to behold.

Yep Misterryno is a blast :lol: I just think that he never sleep and always on MW 24/7 posting.

note to Misterryno: Please get some sleep :lol:

I think this picture of him with Shawn best describe his playful attitude:

post-186-1216867114_thumb.jpg

*blush*

yeah, I'm one of those RT.com "converts" :p

I'll have to post up that pic of me with my helmet that RazorX custom painted for me.

Our kids Max and Miriya were the ones that cosplayed as Michael and Ranka.

I'm glad they won a MacrossWorld shot glass for it!!! Thanks Bee! :)

heh heh well it's great to have you here with us, if your curious i had an account at RT.com, user name ' ryzui ', a lurker at best.

I made the account i think in 2000 i think, re-igniting my macross fandom, before coming here to stay.

Miriya does an awesome Ranka! Has there been a video placed up yet? Looks like Max and Miriya really had fun!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

You guys need to meet Misterryno. he is a laugh. his exuberant character and zaniness is just a sight to behold.

Yep Misterryno is a blast :lol: I just think that he never sleep and always on MW 24/7 posting.

note to Misterryno: Please get some sleep :lol:

I think this picture of him with Shawn best describe his playful attitude:

lol, yeah it's really good to put a face next to the typing, that's the same with alot of you guys now, seeing that vid, makes posting here much better now.

RYno your cool. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

heh heh well it's great to have you here with us, if your curious i had an account at RT.com, user name ' ryzui ', a lurker at best.

Miriya does an awesome Ranka! Has there been a video placed up yet? Looks like Max and Miriya really had fun!

Don't mean to butt-in, but I do remember "ryzui" from the RT.com Lounge a ways back. I used to frequent there a long time ago. Nice to see another familiar s/n! And congrats on winning the Minmay sketch! :)

Don't mean to butt-in, but I do remember "ryzui" from the RT.com Lounge a ways back. I used to frequent there a long time ago. Nice to see another familiar s/n! And congrats on winning the Minmay sketch! :)

heh heh thanks. :D Have you the same user name at RT.com? I remember seeing this user name somehow.

And punkr, i remember your user name.

Those were the days, making good money, buying soundtracks & spending lonely nights at RT.com listening to Minmay singing RT songs i remember the lizard lounge, and Cpt Flagg and his pegasucks,

i had a habit of crashing the party, i think i attempted to blow it up with my custom dream valk one time... :lol: ... :lol: some nice people there, specially Lisa&Rick.

It was only a matter of time till i came here, that with my fascination that is Macross Plus (late to see it), Macross II and eventually getting the Jap original series. DYRL? was the point where i had to become a Macross Purist.

But RT will always be good for nostalgia and an alternate story with awesome voice actors and great music.

WES thanks for confirming the pineapple flavored cake! That would be sooo tasty! But ultimately i would break down and cry like a baby for the thought of Roy... *sobs!*

(be funny seeing people ready to have cake and pausing for a minute silence and tears rolling down, then yumyumyum) :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

HEY HEY THANKS!!! I like to get those "real" pic....ya know....when people are like "get the fu(k away from me" :lol:

haha do it! You'll be like having a deep and meaningful convo with Grimlock. ;) ;Lol:

Great set of pics, i finally saw the link today and got through them all. Damn that sketch looks great! :p Thanks for the effort man.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yep, there's a video on YouTube. My hubby RazorX put the link in the "con info" thread a few days back. Guess it was not posted here. So here you go! :)

YOUTUBE video of lil Ranka Lee (cosplay) singing Aimo Aimo at Macross Con 2008

2688743265_94333aa23f.jpg

MIRIYA COSPLAYING AS RANKA LEE SINGS AIMO AIMO AT MW CON:

Enjoy! :)

BE SURE TO CLICK ON THE "WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY" (under the Views count). If you have high speed internet, this is the way to watch the video ;-)

As a Robotech fan, ruskiiFaussie, you might be familiar with Michael Bradley (singing voice for Yellow Dancer). Miriya also has a YouTube of her singing with him the song "Underground" from Robotech: The Movie. (minus the green wig haha!)

I do recognize your RT s/n. Hee!!

Edited by Valkyrie22

heh heh thanks. :D Have you the same user name at RT.com? I remember seeing this user name somehow.

And punkr, i remember your user name.

Those were the days, making good money, buying soundtracks & spending lonely nights at RT.com listening to Minmay singing RT songs i remember the lizard lounge, and Cpt Flagg and his pegasucks,

i had a habit of crashing the party, i think i attempted to blow it up with my custom dream valk one time... :lol: ... :lol: some nice people there, specially Lisa&Rick.

It was only a matter of time till i came here, that with my fascination that is Macross Plus (late to see it), Macross II and eventually getting the Jap original series. DYRL? was the point where i had to become a Macross Purist.

But RT will always be good for nostalgia and an alternate story with awesome voice actors and great music.

Yeah. I was Reflex Point on RT.com, but would occasionally get mixed up with Reflexpoint who's a guy on the site. :p Those who knew me on the boards just called me by my real name "Cher" (Cheryl). BTW, Valkyrie22, Punkr, RazorX, jasonc, and I met Lisa&Rick at AX 2005 in Anaheim during Robocon20. That con was a blast! With all the voice actors, Michael Bradley performing, plus fans from Denmark, England, Venezuela, and all across the States showing up. That weekend was insane! 2006 was great as well with RT fans getting together and partying, but AX 2007 & 2008 haven't been the same. Not at all. There hasn't truly been a organized fan gathering the past several Anime Expos, at least not on a big scale.

That's what was so great attending MacrossWorld Con this past weekend. Seeing fans interacting like one big giant family, sharing common interests, joking around, chillin, having a good time. :D

I was registered on MW back in 2002/2003 as "kagero" and was mainly a lurker. Then the server went down and I never rejoined. My bad. :mellow: I absolutely love DYRL! (have yet to watch the Macross tv series and after hearing a bit of the ADV dub, I'll watch it subbed.) I enjoyed Macross II and of course Macross Plus. My husband got me to watch Macross Zero and 7 several years ago and Frontier has me hooked! Frontier has the best of everything IMO. Deculture! B))

Edited by Reflex Point

Yep, there's a video on YouTube. My hubby RazorX put the link in the "con info" thread a few days back. Guess it was not posted here. So here you go! :)

BE SURE TO CLICK ON THE "WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY" (under the Views count). If you have high speed internet, this is the way to watch the video ;-)

As a Robotech fan, ruskiiFaussie, you might be familiar with Michael Bradley (singing voice for Yellow Dancer). Miriya also has a YouTube of her singing with him the song "Underground" from Robotech: The Movie. (minus the green wig haha!)

I do recognize your RT s/n. Hee!!

She is soooo CUTE (liked the hug she gave Michael). deffinently an up-n-coming star, does she have stars in her eyes yet?

Going to become a living breathing Miss Macross even? :p

I sure hope you guys look after her, not like Minmay, she only got like 4 hours sleep a day! haha :lol:

Him singing Underground like that really brings back memories. See i still love RT.

I'd love to see Mr Bradley perform, am a real big fan of his songs (New Gen), whilst a big Mospeada fan, New Gen was the first time i seen the anime,

and it has a lasting effect just like what RT did for us. Soldier Boy is my fav. heh heh glad you remember my name, but i was too noobish of a rank for me

to hang out with the big guys there. :p I still collect my poll points every now an then. :lol: sad....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yeah. I was Reflex Point on RT.com, but would occasionally get mixed up with Reflexpoint who's a guy on the site. :p Those who knew me on the boards just called me by my real name "Cher" (Cheryl). BTW, Valkyrie22, Punkr, RazorX, jasonc, and I met Lisa&Rick at AX 2005 in Anaheim during Robocon20. That con was a blast! With all the voice actors, Michael Bradley performing, plus fans from Denmark, England, Venezuela, and all across the States showing up. That weekend was insane! 2006 was great as well with RT fans getting together and partying, but AX 2007 & 2008 haven't been the same. Not at all. There hasn't truly been a organized fan gathering the past several Anime Expos, at least not on a big scale.

That's what was so great attending MacrossWorld Con this past weekend. Seeing fans interacting like one big giant family, sharing common interests, joking around, chillin, having a good time. :D

I was registered on MW back in 2002/2003 as "kagero" and was mainly a lurker. Then the server went down and I never rejoined. My bad. :mellow: I absolutely love DYRL! (have yet to watch the Macross tv series and after hearing a bit of the ADV dub, I'll watch it subbed.) I enjoyed Macross II and of course Macross Plus. My husband got me to watch Macross Zero and 7 several years ago and Frontier has me hooked! Frontier has the best of everything IMO. Deculture! B))

Yeah Cher, i do remember your name popping up in the forum every now an then. Lizard Lounger? I don't think it's changed too much since years ago.

Yes i seen pics of her at the con, she went around and kissing Rick, Roy and Yellow(actors). :lol: she's a good kid.

Dammit, it sucks, There was talk about a Aussie Con of soughts a year and a half ago, but nothing is coming about yet.

I guess with the US cons slowing down the last two years there would be little hope.

But Bradley and co need to get down here!

That and of course, a proper MacrossWorldAussieCon.

Glad you like DYRL? too, it's the best.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey guys, no one got a group photo with a "Who's who"?

Hmmm, I was thinking the same thing.

Well, I met alot of people that day, but I'm lost on all the screen names/handles/alias on here :ph34r:

So, here's what I safely know :lol:

mw4.jpg

mw1.jpg

mw2.jpg

misterryno has a bunch of good group shots if anyone wants to edit names in *hint-hint*

Edited by Valkyrie22

Hmmm, I was thinking the same thing.

Well, I met alot of people that day, but I'm lost on all the screen names/handles/alias on here :ph34r:

So, here's what I safely know :lol:

mw2.jpg

misterryno has a bunch of good group shots if anyone wants to edit names in *hint-hint*

Just for people's information, That is not a picture of me! I would not make a very good Ranka.

Her name may be Miriya (which is totally cool) but not her handle.

Ah! Yes, sorry for any confusion. My kids don't have screen-names on here. I should make a note in the picture to clarify ;)

EDIT: * made a little note and updated the pic.

Wasn't someone gonna upload a video? huh.gif

Yeah, I thought so too... like a full length video of the day, I think?? So far, only vids I know of are of Ranka, Boobytrap, and the Raffle Drawing.

Edited by Valkyrie22

Ah! Yes, sorry for any confusion. My kids don't have screen-names on here. I should make a note in the picture to clarify ;)

EDIT: * made a little note and updated the pic.

Yeah, I thought so too... like a full length video of the day, I think?? So far, only vids I know of are of Ranka, Boobytrap, and the Raffle Drawing.

GREAT JOB!!! I'm happy that someone besides me (because I just don't have the time :( ) has edited a pic to give peeps their screen names. I do have quite a few group shots. In fact...they are on my photobucket page. I will add a link again so that whoever would like to put names to people can.

LINKY

Edited by misterryno

Cool. I just was, like, well, I dont want people to think that is what I look like. I am very ugly compared to that and much much much older. Just wanted to avoid potential confusion on the part of other memebrs. ie. "whoa that little girl drinks way too much hard alchohol!@ Have you read her posts?". That kinda thing.

"whoa that little girl drinks way too much hard alchohol!@ Have you read her posts?". That kinda thing.

:lol::lol::lol: .....You f*in kill me brother!!!