MW CON 2008 picture thread

Also we tried to get him to go to the con. He said he would try to make it there

Welcome to the boards GTA! glad to see we've inspired some new members to join the forum through the con... =D

Great pics Ryno... i'm going to use some of them to send to our sponsors... =] If anyone else has more pictures... please post them up.... thanks!!!

BTW.. does anyone have any big group shots of the big crowd during lunch or when Booby Trap was playing??

Hi guys! This is Cher, Jasonc's wife. Reflex Point was my s/n on RT.com. (Yes, I'm one of those people from over there. ;) )

I just want to thank Bee and everyone who organized the con this year. This was my first MacrossWorld Con and it was absolutely great! Finally got to meet some of Jason's poker buds and see Tony's awesome collection that I'd been hearing about. The customs were impressive along with the various other collections on display. Plus to top it off with a yummy cake by Alex!

Here's a few of the photos that I took. I didn’t shoot many (which I regret) and unfortunately, the customs pics are blurry.

You can see the rest via my Photobucket Album:MacrossWorld Pics!!

It was nice meeting some of you! Looking forward to meeting more next year!

Cheryl (“Sheryu”) :p

post-9311-1216769912_thumb.jpg

post-9311-1216770077_thumb.jpg

post-9311-1216770170_thumb.jpg

post-9311-1216770272_thumb.jpg

post-9311-1216770369_thumb.jpg

post-9311-1216770491_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reflex Point

Tommy probably didn't show up because he knew the ex-Robotech fans were going to be there. Sorry to scare him off like that for those of you who can't get enough of him. BTW, great con this year, and glad to finally meet the other Dinobot Misterryno. Thanks for letting our band play at the con. It was fun, and although I have a long 7 day work week to pay for it, it's things like this that show that Macross fans are the absolute best. Deculture to all of you.

There's way too many to post in this thread, but here's a random few for the forums:

post-9290-1216655454_thumb.jpgpost-9290-1216655473_thumb.jpg

Ooh, there's my old Storm Attacker hanken cel. Gawd, I miss that thing! Its nice to see it with some of its mates, though.

Someone reprint those as posters already, dammit! :p

Thanks for posting the pics misterryno. You are one dope ballchinian! :lol:

See here.....thanks for the info. That's news to me.

Oh yeah....I finally got all the pics downloaded onto photobucket. Some of the pics in there are of Agent GHQs collection. ENJOY!!!

:ph34r:

Thanks for the pics you posted, but the link doesn't work to your photobucket.

Sorry 'bout that! Only a few more photos. Link has been fixed in my original post, but here it is: MacrossWorld Pics!!

And thanks Misterryno for the whole slew of pics! Gotta make the trek from Denver again next year!

Edited by Reflex Point

There was some other attendees that came during Saturday night to check out the Macross Frontier Marathon we had!!!

MWCon013.jpg

We also had a surprise guest that showed up saturday night... MINMAY!!!! my gf surprised everyone when she came as Minmay... =]

Me and Caro

MWCon001.jpg

Minmay holding a picture of herself

MWCon008.jpg

Oh Bee - let Caroline know that she makes a perfect Minmay! Great outfit! :D

Thanks for posting the pics ryno.

YO YO YO Man you made it on!!! Good to see that that handle worked out for you! Now go swipe a Valk or 2 :D

thanks ryno. agent ghq has an amazing collection. those chunky monkeys looked so brandnew

No problem brother! Yeah....seeing Agents collection is person was astounding. I was just thinking....he wouldn't miss just one of those Strike Valks would he :unsure: ???

Nahhhh.....I wouldn't do that. All those joes though are amazing. And his set up is really cool too.

IIRC most if not all of those Chunkys are MIB never TFed or any of that good stuff. *ddddrrrooooooooooooooollllllll*

Welcome to the boards GTA! glad to see we've inspired some new members to join the forum through the con... =D

Great pics Ryno... i'm going to use some of them to send to our sponsors... =] If anyone else has more pictures... please post them up.... thanks!!!

BTW.. does anyone have any big group shots of the big crowd during lunch or when Booby Trap was playing??

I hope the sponsers dig those pics! The turn out was GREAT! I bet it will inspire even bigger and if possible (this would be hard to top) better MW Cons in the future!!! The group photos in my pics is when the band was playing.

WOW!!! GREAT PICS misterryno!!!

+1

Yeah, that was a great compilation of pics... you captured the event(s) that took place well.

~~Waves to Reflex Point~~ Cool pics Cher! You had some cool ones of Max and Miriya.

Good to see you on a forum again LOL! :p

Cheers!

Who does #2 work for?!?!?!

:lol::lol::lol: You f*in kill me man!!!

Just to let all you folks out there know.....if you have never met >EXO<..........you're missing out........this guy is a million and a half laughs............

and that's just from lookin at him :p

JUST PLAYIN BROTHER.....please don't hurt me :D

Tommy probably didn't show up because he knew the ex-Robotech fans were going to be there. Sorry to scare him off like that for those of you who can't get enough of him. BTW, great con this year, and glad to finally meet the other Dinobot Misterryno. Thanks for letting our band play at the con. It was fun, and although I have a long 7 day work week to pay for it, it's things like this that show that Macross fans are the absolute best. Deculture to all of you.

Nahhh.....those ex-RT fans can't scare that guy off....he was one cool dude! Seriously now....a super nice guy! I wish everyone could get the chance to meet this guy. Even Grimlock said "ME GRIMLOCK think Tommy Yun is no bad guy.....rrrrrrr......" :lol:

Thanks for posting the pics misterryno. You are one dope ballchinian! :lol:

For sure man!!! THANKS!!! That's one of the highest compliments to receive among the Ballchinian Brotherhood!

OO

Since more people are checking out the picture thread than the info thread... i wanted to make sure everyone saw my official thank yous to everyone who helped with the con this year...

keep posting more pics!!

I don't think i ever did my official recap post since Bigkid and Exo already took the initiative to to thank everyone who was involved with putting together this con. Good Job guys!

I appreciate everyone's thank yous to me, but i truly don't deserve most of the credit. There were a LOT of people involved in making this con successful and it wouldn't have been so great without all of the fans that attended. I was overwhelmed by the amount of attendees that showed up for the con! I guess our flyers worked at AX and Frank and Sons.

I posted some credits for the con in my

on youtube but i should really post it here as well.

Save - Huge thanks for always supporting MacrossWorld whether it be hooking up the con with great prizes or even just helping a member get something from Japan. You are constantly putting other members before yourself and you truly deserve the most credit for making this con and this forum a great success. You're the epitomy of the ideal MW member, always trying to help out his fellow mates. Thanks for being such an awesome stand out guy!!

Bigkid24 - Much credit needs to go to Bigkid for being my consultant on EVERYTHING that had to do with the con. In fact, he gave himself the title of Assistant MacrossWorld Con Coordinator and the title sure does fit. George listened to all of my ideas for the con and gave great feedback on everything, (Except for the Macross Trivia which was indeed EPIC FAIL... haha) He even helped edit the Sponsor letter i sent out which got us so many great sponsors this year. On top of that, he organzied the failed Trivia Contest, but it was fun.. right? He helped me organize the Mikimoto Drawing. He volunteered before and after the con to set up. And he even helped out during the con to run registration and set up the customs contest. Bigkid deserves a lot of praise for his contribution to MacrossWorld and the con.

>EXO< - Alex is one of the biggest Macross fans i know and is sort of well respected on the boards...haha... Yet he has done a LOT for MacrossWorld and this year's con. He stepped up to make an awesome flyer design which we distributed more than 500 flyers at Frank and Sons and Anime Expo. He gave a lot of input on how to run the customs contest, poker tournament, and even started a panel discussion during the con to show off NMB4M's 2-Seater 1/48's. He has been active every year in MW Con, collecting prize donations from all around the world, and was also able to connect with Save this year to get us the most donations we've ever received. Besides tearing up winning tickets and beating a lot of people in poker, EXO also deserves a lot of credit for doing the behind the scenes work to make the con great.

MW Con 2008 Sponsors - This has been the most successful year due in part to the generous donations of our sponsors. Thank you for your support of MacrossWorld and Macross fans!

HobbyLinkJapan - http://www.hlj.com/ - Thank you Joseph for the Ultimate YF-21 Package including a Yamato 1/60 YF-21, Yamato GNU YF-21, and a Revoltech YF-21. It was a pleasure working with you!

Overdrive - http://www.over-drive-inc.com/ - I had the pleasure of meeting the guys from Over-drive at AX 2008 and they are a great bunch of guys. Takashi is an awesome guy and really contributed to this year's con by donating a 1/48 25th anniversary VF-1S and ALL the free T-Shirts that were given to the MW Con 2008 Attendees. All those black T-shirts were donated by Over-Drive. Thank you so much for your support and we'll definitely keep in touch.

Bigbadtoystore - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/default.aspx - Joel runs one of the best toy sites on the internet with some of the best customer service i've ever experienced. Thank you for your support of MacrossWorld Con and donating $200 in gift certificates to your awesome store!

Anime Punch - http://www.animepunch.com/catalog/ - AP is home to a lot of MW members and the people behind the site and forums are Mindy and Ricky. Thanks for all your help setting up this year and donating a Toynami/Popbox Max Doll for a poker prize! You guys are a blast and are always helpful to get toy collecting community!

Otaku2 - http://www.otaku2.com/ - This is SAVE's website that donated all the Macross Shotglasses, Posters, Flyers, Pizza Box, Bags, and the Retailer Exclusive GNU YF-19. We can't thank you enough for providing us with all these rare Macross goodies that we would never have been able to get on our own. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Valkyrie-Exchange - http://www.valkyrie-exchange.com/ - We all know Kevin's oustanding service to the MacrossWorld community over the years. He's been involved with sponsoring MW Con since it 1st started and he's always been a great asset to MW. Thank you for donating the Urban Camo GBP as a Customs Contest prize (hehe...which i won by the way... legitimately) Kevin is known to go out of his way to please all of his customers. You are much appreciated by all of us!! Thanks for everything you've done for MW and the cons!

JasonKimberson aka SonRiku - Ricky took a lot of time helping set up the Street Fighter Alpha Tournament and helped me throughout the day setting up and taking down stuff. You're one of the most generous people that i know and i really appreciate all the help you've given and your support of everyone on AP that need those toy goodies. You're awesome dude...

Solscud007 - It's been a big task to take over the con after you've been hosting it for so long, but with your help, its gotten bigger and better each year. The amazing MW Con T-Shirt were designed and made by Nick. He has amazing photography skills and makes everything look good... (except pictures of Bobe-Patt..haha... ) Nick probably ranks up there with the geekiest Macross nerds there are... plus he has an uncanny ability to find the best deals and is the biggest opportunist EVER!! haha... bastid... thanks for falling asleep everywhere and helping out with the con.

NightmareB4Macross - Thanks for donating such a wonderful cake to the con!! It was literrally the icing on the cake that made this con so spectacular and memorable. Plus your cool Custom work was nice too... Thanks for hosting the panel to share all your hard work you've done with your 1/48 2 seaters... It's great to see new customs that everyone is dying to have.

Booby Trap - JasonC, RazorX, and the rest of the band.....You guys are super awesome and also deserve credit for making this con amazing! Live music to entertain a crowd of hardcore Macross Fans... Mari who??? haha... You guys rocked the house and really added a lot of flavor to this year's Con. We'll have you back every year from now on!!!

xstoys - Your toy collection is always a highlight of every con Tony. Thanks again for hauling it out and setting up your jaw dropping collection of rare macross goodies!! We'll do it again next year!! haha....

Vendors - Part of what made this con amazing was the amount of stuff we had for sale!! So thank you to Major Tom, TripmyWire, and Toyhell.com for coming out to sell a bunch of cool stuff. I hope you sold a lot of stuff... (and saved all the good stuff for me later... haha.. )

Customs Contest Participants - This contest is what makes MW Con special because we get to see exclusive new Macross customs each year!! I'm hoping we can make this event bigger each year, but thank you to Rohby, EXO, NMB4M, Solscud007, Orguss01 (and me too..haha... ) for putting in all the effort to create beautiful new customs to show off at the con. Keep up the good work and finish your customs earlier next year so you guys can be on time!!!

Bobe-Patt and Eternal D - Thanks for helping to set up for the con and take stuff down... I hope Pat doesn't owe anyone a lot of money this year.... Did anyone get "bobe-patted" ?? (look up Bobe-Patt on UrbanDictionary.com) hahaha.....D, Tell maria congrats on 3rd for the poker tourney!!

Shawn - We all can't thank Shawn enough for hosting the site and supporting MW Con every year. This community owes you a ton for brinigng us all together. None of this would be possible without you so you're the man!!

Egan Loo - Our resident Macross expert!! You helped out this year by bringing your game systems and great displays. I'm grateful for your support and i'm sure a resident aussie is very thankful to you too... haha....=]

Mechatek and MisterRyno and AgentGHQ and GTA Macross - Although you guys were regular attendees, you were always asking me if i needed help setting up stuff. thanks for coming out early and helping to set up and take down stuff. Much appreciated guys!!

All the MacrossWorld Con 2008 Attendees!!! - You guys are the best group of fans out there and are always happy to get together and have a good time. It was a pleasure meeting all of you and I really hope you guys enjoyed yourselves at the con. I had a blast and i'm looking forward to future cons!! Without you guys coming out every year, we wouldn't have a con!! so keep up the fandom and hopefully high gas prices won't keep you away... we'll see you next year!

Hopefully i'll still be around to host the con next year but we'll see how things go... =] thanks again to everyone... it was a pleasure to be MW Con 2008 Coordinator... PEACE!!!

He's the dopest of Ballchinians and will be accompanied by another next year Lord willing and the creeks don't rise!

B))

OO

Hell yeah brother! You need to be there. One Ballchinian to start the party...2 to get everyone else chins to hang :huh:

OO

And thanks Misterryno for the whole slew of pics! Gotta make the trek from Denver again next year!

NO PROBLEM!!! I'm glad you enjoyed them! It was simply a pleasure meeting you and your man. You 2 look swell together. He's a preety good guy....I guess :p ..... ;) ...no really...he's quite sexy too :rolleyes:

I will definetly be making the trek again....it was more than worth it.

+1

Yeah, that was a great compilation of pics... you captured the event(s) that took place well.

HEY HEY THANKS!!! I like to get those "real" pic....ya know....when people are like "get the fu(k away from me" :lol:

~~Waves to Reflex Point~~ Cool pics Cher! You had some cool ones of Max and Miriya.

Good to see you on a forum again LOL! :p

Cheers!

LMAO! Yeah, it does feel like it's been awhile... I was debating about my s/n here, whether to just use plain, ol "Cher". But Reflex Point shall live on, reincarnated from the RT.com ashes. :p

yeah i great times. Misterryno sort of weirded me out a bit when he started talking to his Grimlock toy!!! hahaha funny guy.

Nahhh.....those ex-RT fans can't scare that guy off....he was one cool dude! Seriously now....a super nice guy! I wish everyone could get the chance to meet this guy. Even Grimlock said "ME GRIMLOCK think Tommy Yun is no bad guy.....rrrrrrr......" :lol:

I'd like to clarify that despite what Jason wrote, I'm not an ex-RT fan by no means. I grew up with Robotech and I have fond memories of it. Instead, I'd like to describe myself as anti-Shadow Chronicles and pro-Macross Frontier.

Gee, I remember going out to Denny's after a Michael Bradley gig several years back. Tommy was sitting right across from me doing talking away and I dozed off throughout the whole thing.... but to give him the benefit of a doubt, that might've been due to the alcohol I consumed. :lol:

Edited by Reflex Point

:lol::lol::lol: You f*in kill me man!!!

Just to let all you folks out there know.....if you have never met >EXO<..........you're missing out........this guy is a million and a half laughs............

and that's just from lookin at him :p

JUST PLAYIN BROTHER.....please don't hurt me :D

You guys need to meet Misterryno. he is a laugh. his exuberant character and zaniness is just a sight to behold. I look forward to seeing you again, Misterryno, at the next MWCON. jsut keep grimlock in Denver haha.

Edited by Solscud007

You guy need to meet Misterryno. he is a laugh. his exuberant character and zaniness is just a sight to behold. I look forward to seeing you again, Misterryno, at the next MWCON. jsut keep grimlock in Denver haha.

You guys need to meet Solscud... he... ummm... has a lot of flashlights. :unsure: