MW CON 2008 picture thread

And hell yeah MinmayGuard Thunderhammer is probably the biggest bad ass custom i have ever seen! O_0;

beautiful!

heyyyy i think i remember seeing those people (their pics on RT.com), that's their daughter and son Max and Millia! Sorry i don't know their mum's name,

i do remember seeing in her profile that she rides a motorcycle with a proper Hikaru scheme helmet! She's mega cool in my books.

Robotech.com people ftw! :p:D How many people all up got there???

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Here is Nightmareb4macross' Valkyrie hanger.

dsc0130ne9.jpg

Umm, is that double jointed arms on that 1/48????????????????????????????? You've done it NMB4M!!???

:edit:

Sorry i think i'm seeing things. :lol: I totally got excited there.

That's what you get from playing with the 1/60's for too long and forget about the only 1/48 in battroid located in the corner of the macross shrine. :lol: ! !

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hi everyone! It was a pleasure meeting you guys at my first MW Con. This is Valkyrie22, RazorX's wife.

My kids Miriya and Max had a blast... I'm glad we were able to get them to cosplay as Ranka Lee and Michael from Macross Frontier.

We got some pictures to share... tried to get a bit of everything that was going on... there was so much!

Here's the link to our Flickr album for all the pics:

Valkyrie22 & RazorX's MWCon08 Photo Album Link

There's way too many to post in this thread, but here's a random few for the forums:

post-9290-1216655454_thumb.jpgpost-9290-1216655473_thumb.jpg

Ranka & Michael cosplayers (My kids Miriya and Max - real names) / Cool banner!

post-9290-1216655482_thumb.jpgpost-9290-1216655501_thumb.jpg

Official MWCon 08 Cake by Nightmare! / con organizers- they rock!

post-9290-1216655513_thumb.jpgpost-9290-1216655537_thumb.jpg

Bee speaks... people listen ;-) / random shot of attendees

post-9290-1216655582_thumb.jpgpost-9290-1216655605_thumb.jpg

Japanese Pizza Hut box with MFrontier ad! / Valkyrie22 & RazorX check out the cool displays

post-9290-1216655619_thumb.jpgpost-9290-1216655629_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure who this was, but he had some awesome posters to share! / misterrhino all the way from Colorado!

post-9290-1216655648_thumb.jpgpost-9290-1216655676_thumb.jpg

Bee to Max- sorry, I can't sell the Valkyrie plushie for $1 :( / Boobytraps performs

post-9290-1216655687_thumb.jpgpost-9290-1216655701_thumb.jpg

RazorX on the drums / Ranka Lee and Michael show off some Macross goodies!

Thanks again everyone!

~Viv aka Valk

Here are pics of the little girl, who sang a macross song. it was cute. and she did a Nyan-Nyan dance. I dont remember her name but she is the daughter of one of the band members.

dsc0207lr8.jpg

Here are the winners of the Poker Tournament in order from L-R: George, Lance, Maria, Danny, Alex

dsc0117no7.jpg

Customs contest winners L-R: Rohby, Kirith, Hirohawa, Nightmareb4Macross

dsc0426do5.jpg

Here is a picture from the 1/55 Transformation contest: Kirith and friend Ricky.

dsc0459rf3.jpg

heyyyy i think i remember seeing those people (their pics on RT.com), that's their daughter and son Max and Millia! Sorry i don't know their mum's name,

i do remember seeing in her profile that she rides a motorcycle with a proper Hikaru scheme helmet! She's mega cool in my books.

Robotech.com people ftw! :p:D How many people all up got there???

*blush*

yeah, I'm one of those RT.com "converts" :p

I'll have to post up that pic of me with my helmet that RazorX custom painted for me.

Our kids Max and Miriya were the ones that cosplayed as Michael and Ranka.

I'm glad they won a MacrossWorld shot glass for it!!! Thanks Bee! :)

Edited by Valkyrie22

*blush*

yeah, I'm one of those RT.com "converts" :p

I'll have to post up that pic of me with my helmet that RazorX custom painted for me.

Our kids Max and Miriya were the ones that cosplayed as Michael and Ranka.

I'm glad they won a MacrossWorld shot glass for it!!! Thanks Bee! :)

Yes please. I would like to see this Macross Motorcycle Helmet. If you see my Avatar, that is my crap ass autocross helmet that I rattle-canned into a macross helmet. (it is sitting ontop of my friend's Yamato DYRL Shoulder pads so it looks better than it is haha)

Oh and your kids are cute. the Nyan Nyan dance was the best!!!

here are some pics that I took. I have higher res-versions if you want them. I sent you an email thru your myspace.

dsc0209xe1.jpg

dsc0415bt4.jpg

dsc0418bp8.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Here are the twin Minmei Guard Customs owned by xstoys. I believe Anasazi made these. (the whole thing, not just the decals)

Paris Act

dsc0256ww7.jpg

Lunar Act

dsc0266un5.jpg

dsc0272hx3.jpg

Whoops I didnt select the higher res format when i uploaded the picture above. here it is in 1600x1200

dsc0272wk7.jpg

Here's Kirith's Lunar Minmei Guard figurine, sculpted and painted by Ryuji.

dsc0280ya2.jpg

dsc0282cx1.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Sorry I missed that. Talk about cool things there. I like the cosplay kids. Maybe next year for Godzilla to go. I do like the P-51 mustang colors on the valk. looked cool.

EDIT: spell check.

Edited by Godzilla

Gotta love the birthday cake! What was the taste? chocolate?

VooDoo Minmay doll will kill you while you sleep! She's great. :lol:

It was pineapple. :p I got pics, is there going to be a story thread? I got a few of those which are moderately amusing, but I don't know if I'll have the pics here with the stories or separate or what. I'll load up a few if I got any unique ones when I get some time.

Time to post my pics!!! i didn't take too many though... i should have taken more...

here's some pics from the poker tourney:

MWCon010.jpg

Final Table!!!

MWCon012.jpg

Final 3!!

MWCon021.jpg

Awesome top 3 prizes donated by HLJ, MacrossWorld, and AnimePunch!

MWCon022.jpg

Heads Up: Lance vs Bigkid!!

MWCon027.jpg

George wins and Lance gets 2nd place

MWCon031.jpg

Poker top 5 winners from left to Right: BigKid, Lance, Maria, Eternal D, Exo (Whats up with that pose??)

MWCon033.jpg

There was some other attendees that came during Saturday night to check out the Macross Frontier Marathon we had!!!

MWCon013.jpg

We also had a surprise guest that showed up saturday night... MINMAY!!!! my gf surprised everyone when she came as Minmay... =]

Me and Caro

MWCon001.jpg

Minmay holding a picture of herself

MWCon008.jpg

Customs Contest Winners!!! I'm so honored to have gotten 2nd place with all the great competition this year... =]

MWCon041.jpg

Transforming Contest!

MWCon042.jpg

MWCon043.jpg

Who wants to see more pictures of that handsome custom VF-1J plushie?? hehe...

MWCon044.jpg

MWCon047.jpg

MWCon046.jpg