my first custom, 1/55

RichyX

thought id post pics up of my first custom, as some of my topics ive been asking for a lot of help and some info regarding doing an evil jetfire

well, ive sort of finished it, but im having to stop as i need my work bench due to my car engine needs fixing and my airbrush has packed up

so next week ill buy a new airbrush and start again when i get the car sorted but for now im happy with the outcome, though there are some major mistakes

i used tamiya acrylic paints, and clear for the sealer

i did want it grey but couldnt find a gre i wanted so he went black with purple, so kinda like skywarp colours, fast packs are dark grey, but i need finish them as i missed some masking when doing the black and they need clear coating aswell

the purple is game workshops purple which dires flat instaed of gloss, overall for my first i dont think i did too bad lol, though i need to work on my sanding and filling and using the correct grade of paper as there is a few prep marks in there still

so i hope you like here some pics

how it started

Picture064.jpg

and how it finshed

Picture080-3.jpg

Picture081-3.jpg

Picture082-3.jpg

Picture085-2.jpg

Picture087-1.jpg

Picture088-1.jpg

Picture089-2.jpg

Picture090-1.jpg

Picture091-1.jpg

nah wont be my last thats for sure

i really enjoyed it, was a bit of a challenge, but i did enjoy it a lot

ive got a wave vf-0s that im going to build next, already done a dummy build so now just need to sort tehe gaps out, and paint it, but will do that when i get an airbrush, also have a vf-0s reactive armour to do, and 2 pg gundam kits

so i have plenty to be doing

yeah, im gona gloss the armour, just my airbrush packed up, will never by a cheap one again thats for sure

i need to flat the paint off some bits where i forgot to mask the armour but this is no biggy really

will sort it out as soon as i get anothr airbrush

im looking at th iwata range at the minute as ive been told they are very good

VERY NICE!!! Reminds me of when I made my first Chunky custom......sadly....it's gone now :( . Anyways....GREAT WORK!!! Can't wait to see what you bust out next.

:ph34r:

im looking at th iwata range at the minute as ive been told they are very good

I have heard good things about Iwata although I dont have one, I have a Badger 200 which I have had for 15 years it was about £65 back then but the great thing is they still sell em and all the spare are available not that I've needed many though.

yeah

im still looking into the airbrushes at the minute, but everything is packed up now as i need the workbench, so once ive got to the stage i carnt work on the car until parts arrive ill dig it all out again and get some models built

thanks for the comments

i will be adding panel lines to the fast pack, i also want to paint the little side boosters in alclad steellike ive done with the feet and head lasers and armour boosters with a bit of jet exhaust on them, though ive never used these before i need some practice still with them lol