Final Fantasy XIII

HAHA look at the trailer for FF 13 and this official announcement from square! PS3 is now finished!

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/14/new-fina...laims-ps3-only/

I'd hardly say it's finished man. With most people who own 360s on their third or fourth console, people are getting tired of the Red Ring of Death. It's a little late, but with the release of MGS4, the PS3 is picking up major steam now. If MGS4 had not been exclusive, that might have been the case, but not now.

Disclaimer: I own neither a 360 nor a PS3.

Edited by GogDog

I'm on my first console, personally, after buying one a good year and some change ago...

Still, I don't care for the console wars. I'm looking forward to the 360's new arsenal of games. Oh, and, lynch me, but I never had any love for the MGS series.

I'm on my first console, personally, after buying one a good year and some change ago...

Still, I don't care for the console wars. I'm looking forward to the 360's new arsenal of games. Oh, and, lynch me, but I never had any love for the MGS series.

Nothing to lynch you for. Everyone has their own taste. I loved them all, and 4 was great. My roommate joined the army and I get to babysit his PS3 until he finishes school. :) So I got lucky and got to play MGS4 without having to drop down $400-500 on a console. Why do that? That money could buy me two valks. :)

In all seriousness though, this is great news for gamers in general, just because more people get to play the game. In the end, exclusivity sucks because you have to own every console to play all the good games. The two games I really want to play are MGS4 (Got lucky there) and FF13. I'm still figuring out what I'm going to do for that last one. I'm not in a hurry to buy either console right now. But I've played each FF so far, so I'll get to this one eventually.

Edited by GogDog

HAHA look at the trailer for FF 13 and this official announcement from square! PS3 is now finished!

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/14/new-fina...laims-ps3-only/

PS3 finished? Hardly. Why is it such a surprise that game companies want to put out their games on multiple consoles? They want to get that game into as many hands as possible so they can make as much money off of it as possible. And I never understood the "Your console is finished1!11" talk, anyways. Why would you want to see any of the consoles finished off? Do you want a market where we only have one console to choose from? How does that help the customer at all? Competition is a good thing. I'll happily be playing FFXIII on my PS3 on the same day that X-Box 360 owners are happily playing it on the console that they own. I see nothing wrong with that at all :)

If its PS3 only in Japan then it doesnt really matter at all then does it? Thats where the major FF13 sales are going to be anyways. I never got why people get so excited over the PS3 vs. 360 debate, saying my console is better than yours always seemed childish. I myself own a PS3, the only reason I never bought a 360 is because of being screwed by Microsoft several times throughout my life.

I hate these "My console is better than yours..." disscusions :angry:

When did people get so happy with fewer choices?! Be a fan, but don't be blind, competitions helps everyone!!

It's a parody of this:

Link

LMFAO thats got to be the funniest thing ive ever seen on the net regarding this issue. I really dont care what system ffXIII is on but im tired of sony fanboys saying that theyre system is superior to the xbox 360 because its japanese... LOL when has a peice of hardware claimed ethnicity...

i'm glad everyone here is too mature to jump on this joker's bait and start a console debate. TF52 your posts have been seriously lacking in quality.

It's funny that a fanboy like yourself enjoys coming into these threads and shitting over the supposed fanboys, when you're as much of a dweeb as they are.

Fanboy of what? Macross?

My bad for getting involved in the discussion, you gamer types are way too sensitive.

Exit, stage left!

Ok, so my, should I get this on 360 or PS3?

Achievements or Trophies?

Not that I care about those, I just want to play the game. Guess I will hurry up and go finish FFX-2 and FFXII.

I'll probably just get it for PS3 since it was slated for that system first. Just like I got Mass Effect for 360 instead of waiting for the PC version.

i say go ahead and lock it. there's already a thread on the game, and it's pointless to discuss anything cuz there's too few details released anyway. this is a really pointless thread started by a person that has a habit of starting pointless threads.

Ok, so my, should I get this on 360 or PS3?

Achievements or Trophies?

Not that I care about those, I just want to play the game. Guess I will hurry up and go finish FFX-2 and FFXII.

I'll probably just get it for PS3 since it was slated for that system first. Just like I got Mass Effect for 360 instead of waiting for the PC version.

I'll get my copy for the PS3 (if I get it, plenty of games coming out that look interesting). The FF team is talking about compression schemes and what not for the 30 (multiple discs?) and I'd rather not deal with the hassle.