Mass Effect

yeah, even the end, there's two huge choices... save the council or not and elect military man or politician to council... I can see both choices really affecting the way the 2nd game plays out.

There are really only two choices in the game, and each of those really only has one outcome: 1) Bang or not bang Ashley (the answer is: bang); and 2) Be nice or Falcon PUUUUUNCH! the reporter chick (the answer is: lay the bitch out). All other "choices" are mere pretenders to the idea B))

• 3 weeks later...

General consensus is that it sucks. Not surprising, reading further---it's not really Bioware's. Demiurge Studios made it, with "input" from Bioware. Demiurge is also the place that ported ME to the PC---and you know how well that went.

I believe it's basically a 2-hour arena fight. The reward is gear you probably already have. I read several comments that the voice acting sucks---so I'm guessing they didn't get the original cast back or something?

Sure, but u can always sell that gear, and u still get XP. I have no issues getting closer to maxing out some stats, Im hoping there will be some carry over into ME2

• 3 months later...

ME 2 important news, it'll be 2 discs. From Evil Chris Priestly:

Ok some details for you.

1 - Yes, there are 2 game discs for both the PC and Xbox 360 versions, both the Collector's and standard editions.

2 - There is a 3rd disc with the Collector's Edition. This is a movie DvD containing making of and other bonus information.

3 - The PC version is a standard install. You install the information from both discs and then play with 1 disc in the drive. No swapping.

4 - You can install the game to your Xbox 360 Hard Drive as long as you have enough memory to do so and have the correct disc in the drive when you play.

5 - Even though there is a disc swap, it occurs at a carefully planned place in the game (that does not interfere with gameplay) and is done once. You do not swap back and forth. 1 swap and then done.

6 - Why 2 discs? Answer: Because you cannot fit this much awesome on one disc.

Some additional tidbits. You will have the chance to alter your Shepard's appearance and swap classes. I personally wont tweak anything, but it's nice they included it.

Seeing that the game was 2 discs and that old favorites are returning (Tali was announced last week I believe) have made me pretty happy.

I'm trying very hard to avoid spoilers, so Tali returning is about the ONLY thing I know. (kinda hard to avoid that, she was plastered all over every site last week or so--plus it'd be very surprising if she WASN'T back, since she's a popular character and couldn't die)

For Bioware in particular, I like "not knowing" even basic companions etc. I bought KOTOR totally blind--didn't even know what it was, other than "SW RPG". That was my first Bioware game.

I'd heard about being able to change classes, but appearance? Hmmn. Only if they actually expand the choices/options to fiddle with---my Shep is as perfect as can be with what was available.

If she sounds like a bitch, then it's the voice director's fault for instructing her to do it that way. That actress is VERY talented and can do cute/sweet just as well. (though honestly she does a lot more "stuck-up/stern" roles overall) She's also:

Naomi Hunter in MGS

Sam in "Totally Spies!"

Aayla Secura in Clone Wars

Miss Keane in Powerpuff Girls

Bastila in KOTOR

and a zillion others

Believe me David I know, she was fantastic in MGS.

Male Shepard is awesome.

I dunno if it's like this for anyone else, but is it weird to see Shepard's voice coming out of a character that isn't yours? Still Kinda weirds me out.

See, my female Shep is a bitch anyway, so i never noticed it being a problem. I have Jack Shepherd, whos a goody two shoes (Sniper class), Alex Shepherd who is a bit more pragmatic and quick tempered (Soldier class) and Rachel Shepherd who's basically a goal oriented bitch (the psychic/soldier cross calss. Name eludes me). I really need to knock over uncharted 2 and get back to her...

It's always interesting to me how people play this game. I have my main Shepard, soldier class, who has basically been really really good the whole way through. I finished with the game basically completing everything on insanity and now he patiently awaits ME2. Then I have random fem Shep who wound up being bitchy and only there to score achievements lol.

First play:

"Default" shepard--male, "official" face, lightside.

Second play---exact opposite. :)

Third play (which I've gotta get started soon if I'm going to do so before ME 2 comes out)---continuing from the 2nd play, mainly to get the "level 60" etc achievements.

I think my initial/main Shepard has gotten 5 or 6 playthroughs mainly because I kept forgetting to switch the difficulty and didn't notice until I didn't unlock the next one >.<.

I've been really tempted to play through it again as a primer for ME2, but I'd want to make it another "perfect" play and that takes a long time.

I bought this game for the PC a few weeks ago for £10. Over all its a great game though the sci fi and characters weren't all that original. I've played throught it once and i've started playing it again as a woman this time. First time playing through i went the renegade route which had some very funny dialogue at times.