Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

The VT-1 is a really nice toy IMO. Great job Yamato. It's probably my favorite of the V2 1/60 VF-1 series so far.

Not sure why the complaints about lack of Tampo printing. It seems to have quite a lot of markings. I'm certainly happy with the amount of printing.

And for those of you late to the party, the shoulder hinge pin design was modified a while back, so that the ends of the pin are no longer knurled, which reduces the stress on the plastic shoulder hinge. This seems to have greatly reduced the number of incidents of shoulder cracking.

I'd just like to state though on the 20 or so V2 VF-1 toys I have on display, ech one transformed several times, I have yet to experience any cracking or stress marks on the shoulder hinges.

My advice, just enjoy the toy and don't be scared of transforming it at all.

Graham

And for those of you late to the party, the shoulder hinge pin design was modified a while back, so that the ends of the pin are no longer knurled, which reduces the stress on the plastic shoulder hinge. This seems to have greatly reduced the number of incidents of shoulder cracking.

I'd just like to state though on the 20 or so V2 VF-1 toys I have on display, ech one transformed several times, I have yet to experience any cracking or stress marks on the shoulder hinges.

My advice, just enjoy the toy and don't be scared of transforming it at all.

Graham

When was the pin altered? Someone mentioned the VF-1D didn't have the fix. Is that true?

My Max TV 1A is fine so far. In fact my friends Roy 1S he got the same time as I got mine (initial FP release) is fine so far as well.... I'm going to be getting a TV Kakizaki pretty soon hopefully that one's defect free. I still have my reservations so I handle with utmost care :lol:

When was the pin altered? Someone mentioned the VF-1D didn't have the fix. Is that true?

My Max TV 1A is fine so far. In fact my friends Roy 1S he got the same time as I got mine (initial FP release) is fine so far as well.... I'm going to be getting a TV Kakizaki pretty soon hopefully that one's defect free. I still have my reservations so I handle with utmost care :lol:

Your TV Max and the 1S Max (both released at the same time) were the first 2.0 valks to have the modifed pin. :)

I've only had the pin problem on my Strike VF-1S. The rest are awesome. Anyways I just got my VT-1 yesterday and the only thing bad I have to say about it is that it makes me want the Elint even more now!

IMG_1354.jpg

Oh and it comes with a nice big sticker sheet.

IMG_1350.jpg

I feel the same, logos.

I had some hardtime to put the vt-1 head in place, it's real tricky because the head has couple joints over the neck so it's quite hard to press the head in the socket because both the base and neck piece have joints and keep moving around. lol

I thought the head is supposed to have a collar piece around the neck like the V.1 does. You can see it here on the Hasegawa model kit art. I don't see it on the V.2.

Yes it does has the collar, I think the collar is intergrated with the head piece instead of having it on the fuselage.

Edited by Vi-RS

One thing I noticed about the sticker sheet. There are no pilot stickers for the Canopy...... Frankly that's one I think they should not have missed as it really sets off the canopy IMO. Oh well, I raided my other sticker sheets and my VT-1 is now piloted by A. Warhammer with H. Kakikazai in the back seat (where he should be! :) ). Note the closeups make the stickers look a bit hideous but from 2ft away you can't make out the clear parts.

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

hey logo, do we have to clip the tail fins in place in fighter mode with fastpack? I didn't do so because it's already secured with the backpack mounting kits. To be honest with you, I have not read the instruction booklet yet.

On the pilot sticker, maybe you should trim it smaller to eliminate the clear part.

hey logo, do we have to clip the tail fins in place in fighter mode with fastpack? I didn't do so because it's already secured with the backpack mounting kits. To be honest with you, I have not read the instruction booklet yet.

With the mounting kits it's enough!!! You don't need to clip the tailfins (according to the instructions, only in battroid mode with no fast packs).

No you don't have to, but it seems to tighten it up when you do. They are a bit of a pain to get out and the tail fins always seem to pope out during transformation but otherwise they work.

Has any lucky v2 Ostrich owners had a chance to see if the pilots, particularly flightsuit Minmay, can fit in the VF-1D without too much hassle?

If this is the case, it would mean that the Elintseeker's fodder pilots should be able to be used for all the two-seaters. That would be excellent. I dig the unsung heroes and as I only have four valks on display ( three in fighter mode ) and intend to rotate the two-seaters, I'd switch those pilots in and out.

Thanks.

Edited by blackwater_park

The Ostrich looks awesome!

Can someone please post some pics of it with the mechanical parts showing by taking the covers off of the super parts on the booby duck and the leg armor, in several poses and modes?

Here are some pics with the covers off.

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

can we PLEASE stop making posts with mulitple MASSIVE images at a time? when there's a dozen or more 1600+ pixel wide images on one page it takes forever to load and it screws up the frames while doing so.

please, downsize your pics and if you HAVE to post something really big, link to it.

Mine just arrived! Another flawless release.

Pilot Swap: [VF-1D Hikaru and Minmey inside VT-1]

vt_1.jpg

Pilot Swap: [VT-1 Hikaru and Minmey inside VF-1D]

vt_6.jpg

Cockpit Backside Comparison: [VF-1D and VT-1]

(the VT-1 is not only higher, but also a bit wider)

vt_2.jpg

Cockpit Height Comparison: [VF-1D and VT-1]

vt_3.jpg

Cockpit Top Comparison: [VF-1D and VT-1]

vt_4.jpg

VT-1 Side View:

vt_5.jpg

can we PLEASE stop making posts with mulitple MASSIVE images at a time? when there's a dozen or more 1600+ pixel wide images on one page it takes forever to load and it screws up the frames while doing so.please, downsize your pics and if you HAVE to post something really big, link to it.
Get a 30" monitor damn it...

Really... I've only ever seen 26" monitors, and they're all in the $700 range.

Plus, I don't think anyone has deskspace for more than 19 inches. :lol:

Silly Head Pilot, loading time's the issue, anyway.

There are 30" monitors. Anyways, it doesn't matter how much real estate you have, it's the resolution in question. An image will occupy the same proportional amount of space on a 15" as on a 30" given that both monitors have the same resolution.

Silly Head Pilot, loading time's the issue, anyway.
No shiets Jr.! But a bigger screen eliminates the scrolling of larger file pics for those using smaller monitor.

Anyways, thanks for sharing those larger size pics! Loving the VT-1 and looking forward to the VE-1.

No shiets Jr.! But a bigger screen eliminates the scrolling of larger file pics for those using smaller monitor.

Anyways, thanks for sharing those larger size pics! Loving the VT-1 and looking forward to the VE-1.

There are 30" monitors. Anyways, it doesn't matter how much real estate you have, it's the resolution in question. An image will occupy the same proportional amount of space on a 15" as on a 30" given that both monitors have the same resolution.

Quit feeding the SJO troll guys.

Got the VT finally, it's a very beautiful bird, one of the most beautiful VF-1, very impressed... The right feet are still very tight and hard to pull out, anyone out there experience this on the VT as well?

Mine too. Same goes for my Max 1S. And these two also suffer from a slight gap, especially without the FAST packs, between the chest and back plates in fighter mode, at least in mine - I have to always fiddle with the leg placement in order to reduce the gap. Strangely, my Hikaru and Focker 1S don't have these problems.