Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

ok, yamato really come to the details to make a new mold to change the groove line on the arm to be anime accurate.

I understand that it's what it supposes to have, but they are still missing the 2 dots though if they decide to paint them black to bring the line out... :lol:

Anyway, it's still the best vf-1 toy ever made.

Are you referring to the two rectangular panel lines on the two sides of the central line of the heat shield? If so, I can confirm that they are indeed present. They are very fine though, like all the other panel lining on the V2s. Here's a pic:

post-5445-1252365582_thumb.jpg

I really love the Ostrich v2. Didn't even realize that the sides of the head flip open to reveal extra details until I saw the pics posted in the Gamu review. A really nice touch, that. However, for the asking price, I wish there were more tampoed details though. Kinda weird not having the designation number and the U.N. Spacy insignia printed respectively on the side of the nose and on the fast pack leg attachments when all other DYRL variants have them. Oh well...

Edited by todd77

Why no tampo on the VT-1 "Super Parts"?

I don't think there is any markings on the in the movie or the lineart and i prefer it that way. Tampo everything thats supposed to be there and leave the rest to stickers and decals for those who wish to add extra.

Its a lot easier to add markings then remove them.

I personally don't want any markings on that are not in the show.

While I like the attention to detail that Yamato has put into their VT-1 v.2, I'm just not as impressed as I thought I would be. I was really hoping that it would be molded in white like the Bandai 1/55. The tan color makes it look too much like the VF-1D to me. I would have also preferred that the heatshield match the orange highlights of the Super Ostrich (again, like the Bandai 1/55). The shortened-tail wings just don't look right, either. Perhaps, the finished product is exactly how SK wanted it, but I just don't like these changes. I honestly thought that Yamato's VT-1 v.2 would have made me lose any interest I had left in the Bandai VT-1, but it only led me to appreciate the old chunky monkey that much more. Now, the Yamato VE-1 v.2 looks to be the one to do it for me.

Well Sephiroth, look at it this way, yellowing tens to be more pronounced for white plastic, so, with the tan color, you don't really have to worry about yellowing, as it is already... erm... pre-yellowed!

But seriously, despite your preference for Bandai's chunky VT-1 colors, the yamato VT-1 is more accurate to the canon (colors, no arm amor, etc)

I just got the vt-1 in the mail today, and overall I must say I'm very pleased with it.

The only gripe I will make are the visible sprue marks on the top of fastpacks, other than that it's a beautiful piece in correct color and anime correct. The mounting kit is amazing without having the tail fins touching the body.

DSC01231.jpg

DSC01232.jpg

DSC01233.jpg

I'm still not liking the incorrect position of the backpack and how it sits too far back in fighter mode and too low in battroid. Also that bridge connector for the boosters is a real eye sore. :blink:

Nonetheless, I love seeing how nice and sleek the VT-1 looks.

Good Job Yamato!

vt-1-fastpack-fighter-schematic.gif

Edited by nightmareB4macross

I'm still not liking the incorrect position of the backpack and how it sits too far back in fighter mode and too low in battroid. Also that bridge connector for the boosters is a real eye sore. :blink:

Nonetheless, I love seeing how nice and sleek the VT-1 looks.

Good Job Yamato!

vt-1-fastpack-fighter-schematic.gif

My first impression is the fastpack seems a bit small, but when you put them side by side with super fast pack then it's in scale at the back portion. Yamato is using the same booster nozzle from the super pack, and in the line art it seems much bigger. Anyway, I like the scale of fast pack on vt-1.

The mounting kit for the fastpack are fine with me, it secures on the toy very nicely and firmly without having to have the backpack or tail fins sit on the back. I love it.

I'm disturbed by the complaints of my fellow MWers in here regarding the VT-1! This is by far the best representation VT-1 out there!! And I think Septhiroth is still stuck on the old school mentality man.

I do agreed that v2 vt-1 is the best representation of toy ever made out there.

By the way, have you ever transformed your V2 to battroid mode so far coz I remember you said that you didn't so far, Agent?

Nope, I still have not transforemed any of my VF-1s. Only installed the super fast packs on my Hikky VF-1J. I think I'm still in fear of that shoulder hinge thingy issue!? I'll get around to it eventually.

I hope you will get over with the shoulderphobia soon, it's such a shame that you bought cases of them and you didn't enjoy them.

I find it more tricky to remove the thigh (intake area) sometime for some V2 I have.

I hope you will get over with the shoulderphobia soon, it's such a shame that you bought cases of them and you didn't enjoy them.

I find it more tricky to remove the thigh (intake area) sometime for some V2 I have.

I cracked a sealed case and that for me is a good enough feeling. Maybe even better when I transform it?!

My focker had a broken hinge and I maneuver it all the time carefully and it seems to hold up. I have extra hinges I received from overdrive but I don't think I'll install it until the other hinges break off completely.

Some times ago, one of our guys recommended to remove the pins off the hinges, sanded away the rough ends which is the culprit for most breakdage. I tried it on my 1A Hikky & it worked for me

, hopefully in the long run....

I'm disturbed by the complaints of my fellow MWers in here regarding the VT-1! This is by far the best representation VT-1 out there!! And I think Septhiroth is still stuck on the old school mentality man.

It might be the best representation so far, but it still could have been more anime-accurate. I mean what doesn't make sense to me, is how the first version has that cream colored piece around the neck, but it's noticeably absent on the new version. It looks better with it, especially in fighter mode. Check out the image I posted of the Hasegawa model kit box art about a couple pages or so back, and you'll see what I mean. This version is going to set me back twice as much as the original, but I don't feel like I'm getting twice my money. And the smaller tail wings really looks odd. I think Yamato could have come up with a better solution. Like I mentioned before, this one is a purchase down the road when prices cool down quite a bit. The VE-1, on the other hand, looks to have some major improvements over the original in every way.

By the way, the VE-1 will have the "small tail wings" as well. they are largely based on the same mould, sans the FPs and the other accessories.

It might be the best representation so far, but it still could have been more anime-accurate. I mean what doesn't make sense to me, is how the first version has that cream colored piece around the neck, but it's noticeably absent on the new version. It looks better with it, especially in fighter mode. Check out the image I posted of the Hasegawa model kit box art about a couple pages or so back, and you'll see what I mean. This version is going to set me back twice as much as the original, but I don't feel like I'm getting twice my money. And the smaller tail wings really looks odd. I think Yamato could have come up with a better solution. Like I mentioned before, this one is a purchase down the road when prices cool down quite a bit. The VE-1, on the other hand, looks to have some major improvements over the original in every way.

My focker had a broken hinge and I maneuver it all the time carefully and it seems to hold up. I have extra hinges I received from overdrive but I don't think I'll install it until the other hinges break off completely.
My Focker also had two cracked hinges ironically from just sitting in the box. I took him apart, sanded the pins and when my usual Zap-A-Gap failed to properly glue the cracks up I instead filled them with Citadel "green stuff" putty. He seems to be holding up just fine now.

Not sure how the hinges cracked really. I only transformed the thing twice before putting it back in the box and into the closet. I inspected the hinges whenever they were handled because I saw the horror stories on here and never noticed any problems *shrugs*

VT-FP-1A.jpg

post-740-1252544239_thumb.jpg post-740-1252544246_thumb.jpg post-740-1252544256_thumb.jpg post-740-1252544263_thumb.jpg post-740-1252544270_thumb.jpg post-740-1252544279_thumb.jpg post-740-1252544285_thumb.jpg post-740-1252544291_thumb.jpg

Fantastic work Rabidweezil!!

Are those just the supplied stickers or the Hasegawa 1/72 decals? Oh, please won't someone make water slide decals for these.

Thank you for the compliments everyone :D

Rabid, did you use promodelers weathering wash on that? it looks great!

Yes, it is promodelers wash. I'm just about out too. Time to order some more!

Are those just the supplied stickers or the Hasegawa 1/72 decals? Oh, please won't someone make water slide decals for these.

All the stickers but 2 are from the Yamato Sticker sheet. Personally, I would rather have non-diecut stickers then decals. Decals would ruin the weathering job ^_^ When I use the Yamato stickers I have to trim the heck out of the anyway. I'd rather just cut the whole thing out myself.