Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

rub it in for the less fortunate who don't live downstairs to a real toy store not some "americanized toy's r us" won't sell real anime stuff. We get hijacked here for anime products unless we order form online store that charge us shipping.

Your in the GOLD Graham. Hong Kong. Wan Jai.

Well, when you think about it, in Asia, they have Asianized TRU. Toys 'r' Us is an American store, you know.

You know, knee-hold Minmay would be easier to alleviate in a larger scale, say 1/48? :p

(For those who don't know, I'm adamantly 1/48. That's why these are truly off my buy list. Too small, or not small enough.)

You crazy cats & your shipping. I picked up mine from the store yesterday & very nice it is to. The only bad point is that there is not enough leg room in the rear seat for a full size pilot, hence why Minmay has her knees pulled up to her chin. No shoulder cracks on mine.

That damned inconsiderate Hikaru! :angry: Doesn't he know to move the seat up for a lady! I bet Roy would never had made that mistake! :lol:

Edited by logos

Well, when you think about it, in Asia, they have Asianized TRU. Toys 'r' Us is an American store, you know.

Everything is Asianized in Asia. When I was in the Philippines, Mc Donald's hamburgers were served with rice and gravy. Breakfast was sausage eggs and rice. No one knew that KFC stood for Kentucky fried chicken lol. Not that Im making fun of asians, hell.. Im asian!! But living here (in the USA) and going back to the home land you tend to understand it a little bit more.

Anyways Back on topic.. I wish they had the VF-1D cockpit/nose cone like the Elint Seeker's. But I guess they rushed this baby out.

Everything is Asianized in Asia. When I was in the Philippines, Mc Donald's hamburgers were served with rice and gravy. Breakfast was sausage eggs and rice. No one knew that KFC stood for Kentucky fried chicken lol. Not that Im making fun of asians, hell.. Im asian!! But living here (in the USA) and going back to the home land you tend to understand it a little bit more.

Anyways Back on topic.. I wish they had the VF-1D cockpit/nose cone like the Elint Seeker's. But I guess they rushed this baby out.

Exactly. Get it, Isa o?

I would very much like this in 1/48. I like big things.

If this were Nerfhaven, that would be someone's signature.

You crazy cats & your shipping. I picked up mine from the store yesterday & very nice it is to. The only bad point is that there is not enough leg room in the rear seat for a full size pilot, hence why Minmay has her knees pulled up to her chin. No shoulder cracks on mine.

You know - there are benefits to a design where the back seat only allows women in skirts to sit with their legs pull up to their chins :)

Kudos to the design team!

Pete

Found this awesome pick for the VT on www.stumbleupon.com. They should put something like this on the cover of the VT box. Or better yet the rez is good enough on this I should get an 11x17 made and framed to go with the VT when I get it.

post-9075-1235488161_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

Found this awesome pick for the VT on www.stumbleupon.com. They should put something like this on the cover of the VT box. Or better yet the rez is good enough on this I should get an 11x17 made and framed to go with the VT when I get it.

Wasn't this from Tenjin Hidetaka's illustrated book?

Wasn't this from Tenjin Hidetaka's illustrated book?

Correct. It was also the cover art for the Hasegawa 1/72 model kit. When I did my 1/55 custom, I used that Valkyrie artbook to paint it up. I also used his Elintseeker picture to customize my 1/55 Bandai Elintseeker. I'm taking sack lunches to work now to save for the upcoming boom in Macross toys. Especially 2 seaters, which I love.

As far as the question of rushing the VF-1D out. I don't think it was rushed. The cockpit is designed the way it's supposed to be, and if it did have the Elint type canopy, it would be inaccurate. I like the fact that Yamato is taking the time out to design these to look anime accurate, and are being much more strict about the design than with the v.1 1/60s.

Also, Graham, I'd love to see pics of your VF-1D, from the perspective of an owner. It seems sometimes that the company photos are a bit too overworked on, and seeing the pics of one's very own collected item is more fun to see. Anyways, pics would be awesome. :)

I want to see the v.1 and v.2 side by side comparison shots in all three modes with decent lighting and photography.

Anyone?

anyone?

Whenever mine gets here (probably Thursday) I can do this, since I still have my v1 -1D.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Minmey's hair is all wrong! Yamato - how could you screw up her hair!? She's got this mullet thing going on her forehead! And the color of the hair is all wrong too!

I'm not buying this! It's outrageous! When will Yamato learn and listen to the fans!? 5 million dolars for this piece of crap!? No thanks! I'd rather buy a Gundam!

Pete

Minmey's hair is all wrong! Yamato - how could you screw up her hair!? She's got this mullet thing going on her forehead! And the color of the hair is all wrong too!

I'm not buying this! It's outrageous! When will Yamato learn and listen to the fans!? 5 million dolars for this piece of crap!? No thanks! I'd rather buy a Gundam!

Pete

Very funny Mr. Lingerie! :lol:

Pete

I can't wait for it to arrive ! VF-1D is beautiful ! My only complaint is that Yamato could have done a better job with the Hikaru / Minmay's sculpt. Perhaps an enterprising forum member can give us a better looking/more detailed pilot and his passenger ?

I can't wait for it to arrive ! VF-1D is beautiful ! My only complaint is that Yamato could have done a better job with the Hikaru / Minmay's sculpt. Perhaps an enterprising forum member can give us a better looking/more detailed pilot and his passenger ?

Check the modelling forums-- I think PetarB is into making such stuff, though his recent work was in 1/72.

...5 million dolars for this piece of crap!? No thanks! I'd rather buy a Gundam!

Pete

DAMN! :blink: And I was bitching about the $500+ price of the SDF-1! Yamato IS too rich for my blood! B))

For that price, it better transform on its own, as in with full robotic autonomy...and a cup holder!

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

I just received my VF-1D. No issues in QC so far. Transformed it to all 3 modes. The figures of Rick and Minmei are a bi@tch to put in if you have fat fingers like mine but other than that... Its the most immaculate Yamato Valkyrie I've ever had. Oh yeah, just one slight little problem... I want more!, plus the 1/60 destroids!!! Lolz!

Not only is this my first 1/60 v.2, its my first two seater. I'm tempted to buy the rest but Im going to wait on the ELINT seeker and the Super Ostrich. Im going to skip on the A's, J's and S's in Super packs. I already have those in 1/48's.