Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

I also love how you can literally customize these birds however which way you or I want. Like for instance, if i really wanted to, i could put a strike pack on a 1D. The only thing I don't like is how freaken difficult it is to pull out landing gear. I always have to use my tweezers under the wheel to help pull it out.

I also love how you can literally customize these birds however which way you or I want. Like for instance, if i really wanted to, i could put a strike pack on a 1D. The only thing I don't like is how freaken difficult it is to pull out landing gear. I always have to use my tweezers under the wheel to help pull it out.

Yes, the wheels are so hard to pull out in ver2 VF1.

Although it is not a really big deal, all vf1 could pack a small tool to slove this issue.

Thanks for the pics. I really want to see what one of these looks like panel lined.

Yeah. Me too. I am thinking that it may really look good that way. I wonder how long it will be though before someone trys it?

Yes, the wheels are so hard to pull out in ver2 VF1.

Although it is not a really big deal, all vf1 could pack a small tool to slove this issue.

I don't have one Yamato Valk that didn't require a small tool (i find paper clips the best) during transformation. :lol: Just the nature of the beast I guess but then again I have huge hands.

Vostok 7, Do the V.2 pilots fit in the V.1 cockpits and vice versa?

I know for a fact Hikaru and Minmay are too big to fit in the v1 cockpit. One major difference between the v1 and the v2 is the size of the pilots, the v2's pilot figures are closer in size to the Mac0 figures (which are bigger than the Destroid's figures and not much smaller than the 1/48's figure). The v1 pilots are tiny little blobs of plastic that look like pilots with legs chopped off at the knees. I imagine that the v1 pilots would fit in the v2's cockpit, but they would look very small and there would be nothing to hold them in place, they would flop around. I'll have to see if a Mac0 pilot would look good in the v2's cockpit.

Vostok 7

Hi all

Well, I got my v2 1D today too, and it is also my first 1/60 v2. I must say, I'm quite impressed. I definitely like it a lot. But there is one thing really dragging me down about this toy. The hip-bar connection. What the hell is that?? It is a total b**** to put it and take out. I read some of you have problems getting landing gear out and stuff, well, everything works just fine and smooth for me, so I guess I'm lucky there. However, I cannot get over how hard and how much time it takes and how stressful it is to hook and unhook that bleedin' hip-bar.

It almost ruins the whole experience for me, because I want to be able to switch between modes quickly and smoothly and I though this toy would be the Macross toy to be able to give you that experience since the 1/55, the be all and end all. Alas. <_<

Aside from that, it's a really fine item. I love the quality of the plastic. Makes the earlier Yamato fare seem like knock-offs. :lol:

It's finicky the lip of the bar that connects to the hip crossbar has to come in at the right angle for it to slip into place. Once you figure it out its fine but until then it's frustrating.

Check out this video (around the 5:28 an 8:12 marks):

Pay particular attention to the placement of the legs during the transformation and the "spine" lip.

Edited by logos

Argh, darn you, VF-1D. The counterintuitive nature of this toy continues to annoy me. I kept on transforming it yesterday to get used to it, I have done it at least six or seven times now. It gets more difficult each time!! This has never happened with any other transforming toy for me before.

Aside from the hip bar, now I have to do some extensive adjusting with the position of the fuselage to get it from fighter to batroid and vice versa. That means ripping up all the skin on my thumbs from the die-cast inner chestplate. Secondly, the right foot will no longer pull out of the lower leg! No matter how hard I try, it won't come out, even though it was not so stiff before. After forty minutes of struggling (remember I had transformed it several times before), I gave up and left a toy in mid-transformation on my desk probably for the first time in my life and just went to sleep. This morning I tried again, I even used a dishcloth to get more friction, but to no avail. Then I figured that I should just try to swing the feet in the closed position and use the leverage to get the whole thing to slide out. With a lot of torque it finally worked. But that's what I have to do every time now! The left foot pulls out with no problem.

OK, so at first I was worried about breaking this toy, but now I am worried about this toy injuring me. Definitely not fun. <_< I will try to do more transformations, but to be honest, it as really put me off and although I considering the Ostrich and Elint, I don't think I will be buying more. Hobbies are supposed to be fun, and this is really far from that.

Argh, darn you, VF-1D. The counterintuitive nature of this toy continues to annoy me. I kept on transforming it yesterday to get used to it, I have done it at least six or seven times now. It gets more difficult each time!! This has never happened with any other transforming toy for me before.

Aside from the hip bar, now I have to do some extensive adjusting with the position of the fuselage to get it from fighter to batroid and vice versa. That means ripping up all the skin on my thumbs from the die-cast inner chestplate. Secondly, the right foot will no longer pull out of the lower leg! No matter how hard I try, it won't come out, even though it was not so stiff before. After forty minutes of struggling (remember I had transformed it several times before), I gave up and left a toy in mid-transformation on my desk probably for the first time in my life and just went to sleep. This morning I tried again, I even used a dishcloth to get more friction, but to no avail. Then I figured that I should just try to swing the feet in the closed position and use the leverage to get the whole thing to slide out. With a lot of torque it finally worked. But that's what I have to do every time now! The left foot pulls out with no problem.

OK, so at first I was worried about breaking this toy, but now I am worried about this toy injuring me. Definitely not fun. <_< I will try to do more transformations, but to be honest, it as really put me off and although I considering the Ostrich and Elint, I don't think I will be buying more. Hobbies are supposed to be fun, and this is really far from that.

That hip bar can be a problem, but I've never really spent more than 30 seconds getting it in - Its an artform I think, that develops over time. Neither have I had to use excessive force on most of the things (except maybe unclipping the legs from the fuselage with the fastpacks on). I've never heard of a toy getting tighter the more you move the joints! :lol: - Thats awesome, and should probably be patented. Though... maybe not for a transforming toy...

Yeah it sounds like maybe you've accidentally warped something or something's come off track in the mechanism. I say if it is getting worse it's time for the tools to come out or just request a new leg from Overdrive. It will cost you a little bit but it's better than being stuck with a broken VF.

Honestly the only problem I've had with the V.2 1/60s is the hip bar during transformation as well. Like schmungbeen said it's a bit of an art-form. Check out the video in the above link to see if you are doing anything wrong.

So I finally got my VF-1D. It must have arrived yesterday but I only got it today.

This is my first v.2 1/60 VF-1 figure and I have to say that it is nicer in person than in the pictures. In terms of the feeling, this thing is solid and tight and really well made. Also the tampo printing is sweet. Even the cockpit panel is tampoed.

The first thing that urked me about this VF-1D though was the extremely bright colors. It is by far the brightest and loudest of all my figures. It does make it look very cartoony, which I (after some time) like in this case (but not in general - I usually like more "realistic" looking) and with the cartoony Hikaru and Minmei it is very cool. The transformation was a bit difficult and I had no problem getting the swing bar in but I struggled for about 5 minutes trying to get it out. The poseability on this is awesome and it holds any pose so tightly that I can fly it around the room and when I put it back it is in the exact same pose.

I am really glad that I kept my v.1 vf-1d because that has a less cartoony look and fits better in my diorama.

At this point I am pretty determined to get the TV fast packs for this. Even though I cant afford it.

I think I have gotten the V.2 VF-1 bug but unfortunately I can not afford any more of these.

If they release Minmay guard (paris and or moon) I will find a way to get those for sure.

Overall I am happy with this and actually want a second VF-1D already.

What the hell is that?? It is a total b**** to put it and take out. I read some of you have problems getting landing gear out and stuff, well, everything works just fine and smooth for me, so I guess I'm lucky there. However, I cannot get over how hard and how much time it takes and how stressful it is to hook and unhook that bleedin' hip-bar.

To get it in, make sure the fuselage is pushed all the way up(this makes the nose not go past the knees in battroid mode), you might want to angle the swing bar then gently push the hip bar into place while simultaneously flattening the swing bar into position.

To take it out, first angle the swing bar(you can feel a soft detent which will keep it in place) by pulling back on the backplate a bit, then swing both hip/intake joints forward/downward simultaneously(they should be perpendicular to the nose when you are done), at this point the nose hatch should have popped open, then, simply push the hip bar up, and out. This, when figured out, only takes a few seconds, literally.

Guest sh002

weird if all the pilots from v.1 and v.2 are not the same and if the vf-0 pilot and destroid pilot are not the same then which pilots are true 1/60 scale?

imo the vf-1d neck could be like a hair shorter.

weird if all the pilots from v.1 and v.2 are not the same and if the vf-0 pilot and destroid pilot are not the same then which pilots are true 1/60 scale?

imo the vf-1d neck could be like a hair shorter.

I checked and took some pictures, haven't had a chance to upload, but the v1 pilots are the smallest of them all, but then, they are basically featureless blobs of plastic that don't even have lower torsos.

Hikaru is bigger than Minmay, but that may have been intentional (being that she's a girl and all ^_^ ).

The VF-0 pilot is the biggest, he's almost the size of a 1/48 pilot (couldn't get my 1/48 pilot out to check, but I know they are pretty close in size!). There's no way he can fit in the v2 cockpit without lopping his legs off.

The SV-51 pilot is about the same size or a tiny bit smaller than Hikaru. He fits in the cockpit but it is extremely tight.

The Destroid pilot is the smallest of the bunch (except for the v1s). He fits in the cockpit great but rattles around.

Even smaller are the Destroid's "support crew". They're small enough that I would wager they are just recasts of 1/72 military airplane support crew models.

As far as commonality, the Destroid and the v2 pilots are the closest in size to each other. I would wager that they are the closest to actual 1/60. Unfortunately, it's pretty obvious that Yamato designs the mechas first and then does the pilot figures as an afterthought (especially on the Mac0 line!). Not surprising considering they're only there to fill out the cockpit and look pretty.

Vostok 7

I received my first non-Toynami VFs last week; the 1S, 1J and 1D v.2s from Overdrive.

SOOOO - variable toys CAN be made well and not flimsy and rickety!

I have only had time to take out the 1D but I could not believe how solid and well made this thing is. And how the quality of materials, and time taken for every detail, makes the price seem more justified.

I skipped on the v.1s and the 1/48ths so these are my first Yamato valks.

Some quick takes as a new v.2 owner:

• Do not like the 1D colors, not sure they will grow on me either. Loved the packaging photography colors though, wish they were like that. I like more realistic takes on color, more military - this is not. May have to customize.

• From the comparison pics I like the v.1 head sculpt better. Like more green on the face, this has the gray more predominant.

• They should come with gun-straps, the holes are already there for them, and these are big $$$

• Transformation is so complicated I got stuck and had to pull up the Collection DX video to get through it, but was AMAZED at the engineering and precision of the parts.

• Solid, solid, solid - feels so well made. I did not think something this complex could still be this solid and clean. To think the Legioss/Alpha fighters could have been made like this well. I thought the Legioss design was so complex that Toynami did the best that could be done (and my previous experience was with mostly Imai and Arii model kits so I was pretty satisfied). Yamato shows what IS possible; variable toy perfection.

Yamato - can you please make the Legioss in 1/55th now?

• You find yourself saying - "they thought of everything!" From the knee guards to the back-pack clip, to the way the missile clusters clip on - attention to every detail that makes a long-time fan very happy . . .

Welcome to the fold from the darkside of valk collecting. You are only getting started wait till you go for the macross plus and macross zero valks. the 1/60 YF-21 is still yamato's best valk period

I received my first non-Toynami VFs last week; the 1S, 1J and 1D v.2s from Overdrive.

SOOOO - variable toys CAN be made well and not flimsy and rickety!

Yamato - can you please make the Legioss in 1/55th now?

Unfortunately, Yamato will probably never get the license to Genesis Climber MOSPEADA (I'm assuming you're thinking in "Robotech" terms, where Macross, Southern Cross and MOSPEADA are all part of the same "universe"...which they aren't), so no Legioss nor Tread will be made...however, there ARE companies like CM and Beagle who do make really nice (read: insanely expensive) MOSPEADA mecha and ride armor.

Welcome to the fold from the darkside of valk collecting. You are only getting started wait till you go for the macross plus and macross zero valks. the 1/60 YF-21 is still yamato's best valk period

What is so great about the YF-21? I'm curious. Looks like a cool valk. I've heard that it can't stand by itself too well..

It's a bit top heavy and the Zentraid batroid design makes it a little hard to pose (all those curves) but is solid and it looks awesome. Transformation is a little bit fidely but I don't think anyone has report allot of breakages on this one. It has all the bells and whistles and comes with a stand and the fast packs. It is my favorite if most expensive valk. If it wheren't for the shoulders cracking on my 1/60 VF-1S it would be a tie between the 2.

Edited by logos

I stay strictly to the original TV series only - so no Mac Plus etc. This keeps the spending down a little, or used to. My new 1S will be getting the TV 1J fastpack.

On the subject of spending, I have the Beagle ride-armor and it IS great, but very expensive. Passed on the Megahouse and CMs Mospeada items for the same reason I passed on the 1/60 v.1s and 1/48ths - just not "it" for me.

Now I'm glad I waited now for the v.2s

I can fully recommend to members here the Beagle ride-armor and Toynami Beta though. Both very well done.

Even if Yamato can't get the rights to make a Legioss, Toynami could improve on or make the remaining Alpha/Legioss 15,000 piece run with those same folks/QC as the Beta (not likely I know). If the last one they recalled is improved this way I hope they re-release using those same improvements. Unfortunately they will likely just glue it together better, and not re-cad or overhaul the building process like they should.

Either way, I will not likely see a Legioss/Alpha with the quality of a Yamato VF v.2 anytime soon.

I look forward to opening my new 1/60 v.2 1S and 1J/Fastpack soon.

Wow. Looks like the biggest difference between the v.1 and v.2 is hip placement. It's the high hip placement on the v.1 that makes it look chunky.

Pete

The head is also "squat" looking comparatively. The whole v1 looks chunky and squashed in just about every mode vs the v2 which looks longer, more elegant and streamlined.

Vostok 7

To get it in, make sure the fuselage is pushed all the way up(this makes the nose not go past the knees in battroid mode), you might want to angle the swing bar then gently push the hip bar into place while simultaneously flattening the swing bar into position.

To take it out, first angle the swing bar(you can feel a soft detent which will keep it in place) by pulling back on the backplate a bit, then swing both hip/intake joints forward/downward simultaneously(they should be perpendicular to the nose when you are done), at this point the nose hatch should have popped open, then, simply push the hip bar up, and out. This, when figured out, only takes a few seconds, literally.

Yamato has a page, with a video, showing how to detach the hip bar in battroid mode. It's very easy once you get the hang of it.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_057/index.html

Wow. Looks like the biggest difference between the v.1 and v.2 is hip placement. It's the high hip placement on the v.1 that makes it look chunky.

Pete

I think the biggest difference is the color. I have both and put them side by side. The v.2 VF-1D is basically "day-glo" and the v.1 is more "normal colored". I had the lights off in my collection space and walked by and could only see one thing, that V.2 VF-1D. It is just super duper bright.

The second biggest thing IMO is that the V.1 is floppy as hell with extremely limited poseability while the V.2 is ultra tight with extreme poseability.