azrael

Episode 14 Rating  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (VF-171 in action = BOMBA!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Luca x Nanase = LOSE)

I wonder

how the hell is Brera going to explain nearly killing Klan, fighting Alto and lots of other stuff...

:rolleyes:

Yeah, thats what I was wondering about.

Taksraven

Reaction weapons.

The cause of AND solution to MANY of lifes problems.

^_^

But of course. There's no problem in the world that can't be solved with a big enough explosion. (an old US Navy EOD motto)

Looks like the Skull squadron is practically out of it for a while since 50% of their planes and crew are incapacitated.

He did act off orders. Grace told him Ranka was a "secondary target" and to ignore her. By going after her he disobeyed orders.

Ranka was a secondary objective, but what was the primary objective? There's no reason, as far as I know, to suspect that rescuing her and getting into good graces (ahem) with the Frontier forces isn't all part of the conspiracy. Granted, the rescue may have been a spur of the moment thing (Ranka couldn't have figured into Grace's detailed plans yet), but all seems very convenient for Brera to "defect" like this.

Why defold at all? If SD space is anything like B5 Hyperspace, you just stay in SD space until you enter a de-fold portal.

I'm not really sure why you're bringing up B5. Other than glowy backgrounds common to most cinematic depictions of hyperspace travel, there are pretty few similarities. Folding doesn't even have portals, as far as I can tell. It's more like an Asimovian idea of hyperspace travel. As far as I know, though, there isn't really much known about it; the mention of discontinuities in fold space in this series was a major bit of new information.

Anyway, I was just mentioning (in response to something someone else said) a mechanism that could explain the timing issue, without making any additional requirements on how FTL works in the Macross universe. :)

No...I hate to believe it...Raramia is not a warship since the red bug BFG is an anti warship cannon, she must be floating like dusts out there waiting for rescue.

This episode to have a very fast pace, I quess they got limited budget and pack the entire action sequence making my brain lag around 5-7 minutes. I like it better if they split this battle into 2 episode.

So the Queen is dead...now we wait for a new Queen to born from Ranka? Noooooooo.....

I give this episode 6/10, since

there's too many action and the plot doesn't make sense, plenty of plot holes I can sense.

While the NUNS do their flying, SMS does the dying.

I'm not sure, but he MUST be the better pilot to save ranka or Ozma kills him

If Alto and Ranka start dating then Ozma will kill him, bring him back from the dead and kill him one more time just to make sure.

But of course. There's no problem in the world that can't be solved with a big enough explosion. (an old US Navy EOD motto)

Looks like the Skull squadron is practically out of it for a while since 50% of their planes and crew are incapacitated.

No need to worry when you have the VF-171 Diamond Squad, unit or whatever they call themselves to take up the slack for the Skull Squadron.

Edited by Chief Guld Goa Bowman

Does anyone think Frontier

whooped the Vajra's ass way too easily

?

I've said it before and I will say it again, the Vajra in the first three episodes were really tough and dangerous, since then, you just have to sneeze at them to make them blow up. (I will admit, the one in episode 9 was pretty tough, even surviving a knife attack from Alto, but then he chickened out the first chance he had.)

Since the Vajra seemed more like "victims" in this episode I would say for sure that they are just pawns being manipulated by those on Galaxy.

But that has been widely suspected anyway.

Taksraven

No need to worry when you have the VF-171 Diamond Squad, unit or whatever they call themselves to take up the slack for the Skull Squadron.

With the introduction of Diamond Force, we should have our Sound Force soon.

:p

In terms of Valkyrie seating arrangement, we'd have:

Brera Stern - Basara Nekki

Sheryl Nome - Mylene Jenius

Alto Saotome - Ray Lovelock

Ranka Lee - Veffidas Feaze

SUBS OUT! :ph34r:

Well no, not really.. But I'm mostly done with making an .ass-cript for the episode. There's a few question marks remaining that I have trouble hearing what is being said. Still working on those. Anyway, I wonder if there'd be any place I could upload it for anyone interested? :mellow:

Gonna be a little while yet though as I also need to smoothen the english out so as not be painful on the ears of you natives :p

SUBS OUT! :ph34r:

Well no, not really.. But I'm mostly done with making an .ass-cript for the episode. There's a few question marks remaining that I have trouble hearing what is being said. Still working on those. Anyway, I wonder if there'd be any place I could upload it for anyone interested? :mellow:

Gonna be a little while yet though as I also need to smoothen the english out so as not be painful on the ears of you natives :p

That is mean, getting my hopes up. Well at least you are doing subs at all. All subs are (usually) appreciated.

And thanks for thinking of my native ears that don't like pain.

Does anyone think Frontier

whooped the Vajra's ass way too easily

?

From the description so far, I agree, thinking back to

ep 1, basically two squadron of Vajra fighters were making mince meat out of Frontier fleet. But this time, it sounds like Vajra were not as effective, I wonder if much of it has to do with upgraded ammo and the info that Grace supplied to Leon

I wonder what happened to the rest of the Vajra, surely that queen wasn't the only one. I would like to hope there was a master control intelligence

From the description so far, I agree, thinking back to

ep 1, basically two squadron of Vajra fighters were making mince meat out of Frontier fleet. But this time, it sounds like Vajra were not as effective, I wonder if much of it has to do with upgraded ammo and the info that Grace supplied to Leon

I wonder what happened to the rest of the Vajra, surely that queen wasn't the only one. I would like to hope there was a master control intelligence

I agree it is probably all due to the upgraded ammunition. After ep.7 they only used anti-ESS shells against Vajra and fared so much better. This episode they plow the road with nukes, which always get the job done. Also NUNS seems to be trying harder now, what with the 171 pilots that are actually doing something other than flying and shooting while screaming. The info from Grace to Leon may have helped but we don't know what it was besides specs on the VF-27.

I'm sure there are more Vajra queens, probably a local thing, not one queen for the whole species.

oh lord, the preview for the next episode. OMGWTFBBQ.

Augh. Grace seems to be waltzing back in, like "Hi there EVERYONE."

Unless this is flashback?

You know, if the fact that she has multiple bodies isn't a big secret (She's from Galaxy which is known for its tech and cybernetics) noone has any reason to react in the slightest. Especially if she pulls an "Sheryl! you're alive! I thought you were a goner when that big energy thingy destroyed my other body!"

You know, if the fact that she has multiple bodies isn't a big secret (She's from Galaxy which is known for its tech and cybernetics) noone has any reason to react in the slightest. Especially if she pulls an "Sheryl! you're alive! I thought you were a goner when that big energy thingy destroyed my other body!"

True true. That's a good point.

On an unrelated note,

I winced when we transitioned Aimo from Maaya Sakamoto back to the VA for Ranka. I know Maaya was another foundling for Escaflowne but her voice was still far better as Hitomi than much of the singing here. It draws out some really unflattering comparisons to the level of singing in Frontier. And makes me miss Maaya.

Edited by s-girl

Those darned purple gems continue to haunt me.

I'm hoping we find out a bit more about them next episode; it seems pretty significant that Sheryl is back to two gems.

Incidentally... she looks kinda mean in the preview. Maybe having two earrings has some effect on her, and when she lost one it changed (restored?) her personality? Which would explain why the Big Bad Grace is so eager to have the second earring back; maybe the pills she was feeding Sheryl were only a temporary measure.

On the other hand, if Grace meant for Sheryl to die on Gallia 4, what would have been the point in making a replacement earring? All really weird. Can't wait for the next episode, even if I didn't like this one as much. :)

Who says the crew on the liner made it out, and can nay-say her about catching a lift?

Those darned purple gems continue to haunt me.

I'm hoping we find out a bit more about them next episode; it seems pretty significant that Sheryl is back to two gems.

Incidentally... she looks kinda mean in the preview. Maybe having two earrings has some effect on her, and when she lost one it changed (restored?) her personality? Which would explain why the Big Bad Grace is so eager to have the second earring back; maybe the pills she was feeding Sheryl were only a temporary measure.

On the other hand, if Grace meant for Sheryl to die on Gallia 4, what would have been the point in making a replacement earring? All really weird. Can't wait for the next episode, even if I didn't like this one as much. :)

Includes very mild spoilers for future episodes.

I am guessing that this is not Sheryl at all, but rather some "Sheryl-simulation" which Grace is running. Maybe because she has the rights to Sheryls name, and just put Sheryl captive in the hospital... eh, wildly speculating here from the spoilers for episode 15-18.

Edited by magnuskn

I just noticed that the blast that went through the shield hit pretty close to Mihoshi. Am I evil to be hopeful about Nanase getting the pineapple salad treatment instead of Luca? It would be a nice reversal of the Pineapple Salad Effect.

:lol:

I hate to break it to you guys but Raramia is the tall zentraedi with long pink hair. She bit the dust. Direct hit to the body that blew off the arms and legs. There was one magazine page that had them labeled correctly and another one that mixed up the names.

If you want proof, check out the credits. The long haired one spoke this episode, and she's the one in the credits.

RIP Raramia

Due to the classic signs of impending death, I was worried that half the cast would be killed off today. Lucca almost telling Nanase his feelings, then telling her he had something important to tell her. Monica giving Captain Wild food and blushing when he said she'd make a good wife. The bridge bunnies talking about Bobby's feelings for Ozma. Canaria looking at a picture of her son and saying she'll come back. Plus from hearing the SMS theme incorporated into that dramatic music on the OST (track 19?) before seeing it used in this episode, I was worried that the Macross Quarter would get damaged or destroyed.

Lucca has guts, but lacks in piloting skill. And that's the second time his VF-25 got the gunpod shot out of its hand. I hope that Lucca works hard to become a member of Skull Squadron that can fight.

Considering that it seemed like President Glass was on the Frontier Battle Section, it doesn't surprise me that it didn't disconnect from the City Section and engage in battle.

WOOHOO! Maya Sakamoto singing Aimo! :D

Diamond Leader kicks @ss! I think that the VF-171 gunpod gets stored in the leg like on the VF-17, the gunpod is pretty flat and thin.

It was awesome that Sheryl tried to pilot them out danger, even if she didn't do that well and got shot down. Speaking of which, good thing that the VF-25 has an emergency eject system!

This episode had me gripping my chair a lot. The recycled animation had me cringe just because it made me remember Macross 7, but thankfully none of it was that bad.

The commander on Frontier (not the Captain, the guy with glasses) sounded a lot like the seiyuu that did the voice of Lynn Kaifun in the original series. I know it can't be him since he died of lung cancer.

Great episode despite the reused footage.

I know it was mentioned before but after seeing Ranka's mommy I really think Sheryl is a clone of Ranka's mother (they looked very similar to me), the irony of Sheryl's statements about working hard to create her own destiny would be so thick Alto's PPB blade wouldn't be able to cut thru it. And I'm gonna say that Dr Mao Nome's blood transfusion may have had microscopic Vajra cells that no body noticed in M0. Ranka is the true Nome...just a hunch.

Poor Elmo, waiting there for Ranka to arrive for her first concert...

If all the Vajra are wiped out in this episode (doubtful) Ranka has the last one aboard Frontier

I only got to watch the episode once before I had to go to work but I loved the episode.

On an unrelated note,

I winced when we transitioned Aimo from Maaya Sakamoto back to the VA for Ranka. I know Maaya was another foundling for Escaflowne but her voice was still far better as Hitomi than much of the singing here. It draws out some really unflattering comparisons to the level of singing in Frontier. And makes me miss Maaya.

I happen to enjoy Megumi's singing quite a lot actually. I will agree that Maaya is quite a bit better at it now, and possibly back when Escaflowne aired as well (Escaflowne aired back in what, 96? 97?) Anyway, I like both immensly, and I certainly didn't wince at the transition. My opinion anyhow.

Great episode despite the reused footage.

I know it was mentioned before but after seeing Ranka's mommy I really think Sheryl is a clone of Ranka's mother (they looked very similar to me), the irony of Sheryl's statements about working hard to create her own destiny would be so thick Alto's PPB blade wouldn't be able to cut thru it. And I'm gonna say that Dr Mao Nome's blood transfusion may have had microscopic Vajra cells that no body noticed in M0. Ranka is the true Nome...just a hunch.

Poor Elmo, waiting there for Ranka to arrive for her first concert...

If all the Vajra are wiped out in this episode (doubtful) Ranka has the last one aboard Frontier

I only got to watch the episode once before I had to go to work but I loved the episode.

But if Sheryl was a clone of Ranka's mother, and if Ranka's mother was a Nome, then Sheryl would be a Nome too by genetics.

I happen to enjoy Megumi's singing quite a lot actually. I will agree that Maaya is quite a bit better at it now, and possibly back when Escaflowne aired as well (Escaflowne aired back in what, 96? 97?) Anyway, I like both immensly, and I certainly didn't wince at the transition. My opinion anyhow.

It's cool. Maaya is quite a bit better and of coursed more refined than I'd say 90% of voice actresses out there. So it's only fitting that Ranka's mother have a nice deep rich voice while Ranka being a child has a less developed one.

It's cool. Maaya is quite a bit better and of coursed more refined than I'd say 90% of voice actresses out there. So it's only fitting that Ranka's mother have a nice deep rich voice while Ranka being a child has a less developed one.

Agreed. She IS one of my favourites. And I'm delighted that a talented newcomer like Megumi is working on the same project as her. Going to enjoy seeing her skills develop further down her career. Now here's to hoping they release Maayas version of Aimo as on a future OST (they better

:ph34r: )

I hate to break it to you guys but Raramia is the tall zentraedi with long pink hair. She bit the dust. Direct hit to the body that blew off the arms and legs. There was one magazine page that had them labeled correctly and another one that mixed up the names.

If you want proof, check out the credits. The long haired one spoke this episode, and she's the one in the credits.

RIP Raramia

Dude...Nene is the Pink haired one. Ramaria's the short haired tomboy. The only reason why her VA is credited is cuz

of her death scream.

Careful with the names there. ^_^ Besides Klan personally told Nene to be alert. And Nene was the one that got shot by Alto in training and screams like the pink haired princess she is. Dun think there's any room for doubt here.

Anyway.....interesting about the Virus with the fold crystals. They really look like the basic virus but with a crystal on the nucleus. I'm guessing this is the V-virus or some sort of nanomachines. The fold crystals tell us one thing...that these organisms can communicate with something or each other....and i'm guessing that's what gives Ranka the ability to interface with the Vajra queen as well as appear to Alto in episode 7.

And now that Brera reveals himself to be Major Brera Sterne from Galaxy's Purple Squadron....the plot thickens.

Edited by wolfx