Macross Frontier Episode 13 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 13 rating  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 13 Rating

• Positive (OMG!!!!! MACROSS!!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Talk about Jumping the Shark...)

this snap shot is from ep 1.

u can see Megaroad-01 is SDF-2, Megaroad-02 is SDF-3, Megaroad-04 is sdf-5 but there is no sign of sdf-4 in this sequence.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9051/sn...04013802ji7.jpg

no matter. the WTF-1 is not sdf-1 that's for sure.

and the "First Generation Macross (Class)" ship hints at more of this class of warships. who knows where.

Unless, for the sake of argument, the SDFs were always like the NMC's post Megaroad 01, which would make the NMC's dual purpose nothing new in the Macross universe. All the NMC's are refered to as NMCs, yet they have two docked ships.

So many questions and so few answers.

Edited by Zinjo

Yeah, we've talked about this before, and it certainly seems to be true; Frontier is a Macross take on the Aliens franchise.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... that's a stretch. I'll need to see lots of parallels which I don't. Can you list them please? :)

Watching the episode again, I am going with this ship being

a Macross class vessel (perhaps Macross - 04) named "Global". No reason for the vessel to be in the mode it is in, either, other than a cheap plot device to have a cliffhanger for the end of episode 12. Retcon FTL.

but Macross-xx naming convention is for all new macross class fleets, e.g. Macross 5, Macross 7, Macross 13.

perhaps we should still keep to using WTF-1 for discussion :ph34r:

Brera: You do not suit her.

Grace as she is activating the device: The death of the Galactic Fairy and the annihilation of the fleet. The hatred will grow like an inferno.

And I doubt Grace is dead, this was probably another of her puppet bodies.

So, now it must be pretty clear by now that

Grace is the true bad guy of this show...

:ph34r:

but Macross-xx naming convention is for all new macross class fleets, e.g. Macross 5, Macross 7, Macross 13.

perhaps we should still keep to using WTF-1 for discussion :ph34r:

I agree, since I don't believe this is all we'll hear about this ship...

and in Ep 12, I belive they referred to Ranka as the "Galactic Cinderella".

Superdimensional Cinderella.

Anyway, I admit I thought there were possibilities this was the real SDF-1. Luckily it's not the case, since it got destroyed

Btw, Graham should like the next episode :rolleyes:

FV

someone suggest puppet bodies, which sounds very plausible to me.

I meant: How does Grace explain that she survived the explosion. For all everybody knows, she would have perished right there, having had no transport of the planet.

The scene where the vajra queen is laying the eggs, is almost 100% identical to the scene in aliens for example (even the "eggsack" thing looks kinda the same.

And I love how the little critter in the swamp is just like a mini Vajra. Someone posted a few posts ago that the Vajra might just be normal creatures altered by the crystals. Rooting for that idea :)

I meant: How does Grace explain that she survived the explosion. For all everybody knows, she would have perished right there, having had no transport of the planet.

Ah... well, I think the days of her pretending to be Sheryl's meek and long suffering assistant are long over... if she did survive, I think the next time we see her, she'll be in ultimate big bad mode

Superdimensional Cinderella.

Anyway, I admit I thought there were possibilities this was the real SDF-1. Luckily it's not the case, since it got destroyed

Btw, Graham should like the next episode :rolleyes:

FV

Maybe as a cyborg she could persuade everyone that she has her own internal fold generator

;)

Edited by whispo

The scene where the vajra queen is laying the eggs, is almost 100% identical to the scene in aliens for example (even the "eggsack" thing looks kinda the same.

And I love how the little critter in the swamp is just like a mini Vajra. Someone posted a few posts ago that the Vajra might just be normal creatures altered by the crystals. Rooting for that idea :)

and notice how Ranka's little green pet is sprouting arms now?

I have to say, Macross Frontier is starting to lose me a little. Its too twisty and turny to me. I don't watch Lost, I'm a meat and potatoes sorta guy. I feel like they are starting to use gimmicks to entice you to tune in for the next episode, instead of well, the story.

I have to say, Macross Frontier is starting to lose me a little. Its too twisty and turny to me. I don't watch Lost, I'm a meat and potatoes sorta guy. I feel like they are starting to use gimmicks to entice you to tune in for the next episode, instead of well, the story.

*sigh* I feel for you man. I'm perfectly in love with the show. :)

and notice how Ranka's little green pet is sprouting arms now?

Yes exactly!!! Btw, is it just me or did Ranka react to the "pain" of the Vajra queen and not the scream? She had the glowing belly thingie again (this time with the crystal's collor), seemed like some sort of fold link? Maybe it works the other way around aswel and causes the queen to react to Ranka's singing (or emotions that go with Ranka's singing) and maybe that is why they react to her

:o

Ah... well, I think the days of her pretending to be Sheryl's meek and long suffering assistant are long over... if she did survive, I think the next time we see her, she'll be in ultimate big bad mode

She already showed that she is super badass. Leaping tall buildings in a single bound

:lol:

Yes exactly!!! Btw, is it just me or did Ranka react to the "pain" of the Vajra queen and not the scream? She had the glowing belly thingie again (this time with the crystal's collor), seemed like some sort of fold link? Maybe it works the other way around aswel and causes the queen to react to Ranka's singing (or emotions that go with Ranka's singing) and maybe that is why they react to her

:o

I was thinking.. i think more legs are going to sprout from those little brown spots. I think Ranka's pet is the cute form of one of the big lobsters.

I have no idea where the glowing belly is going... maybe Ranka is a human Vajra hybrid?

I was thinking.. i think more legs are going to sprout from those little brown spots. I think Ranka's pet is the cute form of one of the big lobsters.

I have no idea where the glowing belly is going... maybe Ranka is a human Vajra hybrid?

color of the green squirrel matches that of the Queen Vajra. :unsure:

Loved watching this "turning point" episode even though I couldn't understand almost anything. Lots of questions answered and lots more raised.

Oh, and VF-

171 fans seem to finally get their long-awaited "battroid" mode in next week's episode!

B))