Macross Frontier Episode 13 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 13 rating  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 13 Rating

• Positive (OMG!!!!! MACROSS!!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Talk about Jumping the Shark...)

About Brera v.s. Alto - remember his enhanced body give him a higher G-limit then normal human in Ex-Gear.

The rest of this I'm not as sure about, since I'm relying on the first sub, but it seems like Grace is acting to try and spark a civil war between Zentradi and humans by setting off the bomb. That seems like a pretty interesting development, if it bears out. What faction would have it in their self-interest to spark such a conflict?

Probably certain faction that hate Zentradi or don't see them as equal. Remember Sheryl said there are no Zentradi in Macross Galaxy.

I'm beginning to have reservations on Alto's fighting skills against Brera. He seems cornered twice in this episode and almost lost his life. :wacko:

How exactly do you get "cornered" in a three-dimensional fighting space?

Alto was both times just sitting there, waiting to be shot down. Which is kinda silly, seeing how agile aerial combat is in Macross.

That annoyed me a bit as well. It felt as if the animators got a bit lazy (should've at least made Alto look as if he were actively doing something).

Still, I wonder though how much a disadvantage not having Super Packs was for the 25, seeing as Alto actually took off Brera's leg in episode 9.

According to Kei subs it was the mayday transmission from Ohghotwhai's advisor

According to the Kei subs, her line translates as, "The Fold Communication Waves will be their guidepost."

That could be a reference to the Zentraedi outpost broadcasting for help (though such things tend to be more general than specific). But Brera also says something about confirming weak fold waves when Ranka is captured by the Vajra, and states that, "The pattern has been caught." Obviously the Vajra got something from Ranka. It's not entirely clear what it was, but it appears to be related to the fold waves that Brera detects.

So imo, the exact method that Grace uses to drive the Vajra to Frontier is still not confirmed.

The Queen Vajra laying eggs and the way she started freaking out when Brera flew in there was a straight rip from Aliens when Ripley invaded the Alien Queen nest.

Though, in this case, it was the vajra who captured Ranka and placed her there. why the hell was the queen vajra screaming at Ranka... zzz is she trying to eat up Ranka? to get the crystal in her belly perhaps? :ph34r:

oh, i'm wondering who actually captured Ranka? the red or yellow vajra types?

According to the Kei subs, her line translates as, "The Fold Communication Waves will be their guidepost."

That could be a reference to the Zentraedi outpost broadcasting for help (though such things tend to be more general than specific). But Brera also says something about confirming weak fold waves when Ranka is captured by the Vajra, and states that, "The pattern has been caught." Obviously the Vajra got something from Ranka. It's not entirely clear what it was, but it appears to be related to the fold waves that Brera detects.

So imo, the exact method that Grace uses to drive the Vajra to Frontier is still not confirmed.

i thought its the relay communication devices? those things have purple gems in them too. and vajra seems to be attracted to anything that activates or resonates to the purple gems' frequency.

I dont think that Grace is dead. Maybe that form or body was destroyed. If I recall, right before she detonates the "bomb" she contacts Brera and tells him shes about to blow the place up, to leave, and that she will contact him later. Whoever Grace really is, shes not dead or gone from the big picture at all.

I dont think that Grace is dead. Maybe that form or body was destroyed. If I recall, right before she detonates the "bomb" she contacts Brera and tells him shes about to blow the place up, to leave, and that she will contact him later. Whoever Grace really is, shes not dead or gone from the big picture at all.

Unless she's an android avatar for Mr.Brilla(?)...

The rest of this I'm not as sure about, since I'm relying on the first sub, but it seems like Grace is acting to try and spark a civil war between Zentradi and humans by setting off the bomb. That seems like a pretty interesting development, if it bears out. What faction would have it in their self-interest to spark such a conflict?

A military industrial complex like LAI, General Galaxy perhaps?

The only ones who really profit from war are the weapons makers...

I say we ban the troll.

Its better if we just ignore the troll and don't feed it. Its always nice to watch a troll die from apathy.

Taksraven

I don't understand what changed with Ranka being on planet: Did Grace think she was just going to kill all the Vajra? She seems to have wanted Sheryl to die there . . . :wacko:

Edited by HMP_Goose

This brought to mind a very brief sequence in this episode that someone mentioned earlier. When Brera's fancy gun is shot out of his hand and apparently explodes, it ever-so-briefly knocks out the VF-27's virtual reality cockpit. You can see the physical Brera in the cockpit, and you can also notice how pixelated the view is when he focuses on one of the VF-25s, after the system restores itself (demonstrating its digital nature).

Perhaps this is another source of Brera's combat superiority: He has an unobstructed line of sight in a complete sphere around him, something Alto doesn't have with his non-VR system. Every time Alto seems to think he's gotten behind Brera unawares, he's astonished when Brera performs some maneuver that shows he knew exactly where Alto was all along.

brera00zp6.jpgbrera01sm2.jpgbrera02cu7.jpg

The first thing this sequence brought to my mind was How the heck was he able to play that harmonica through that helmet?! :blink:

well, fwiw, Belldandy does have that, uhh, "winged person/entity/thingy" coming out of her back from time to time.

and lest we forget, Mizuho Kazami is a bonafide alien.

Now we got Grace, who's got teh tentacles and extreme jumping skills.

it all just nicely fit, don't it? :wacko::lol:

"winged person/entity/thingy" it's an angel named Holy Bell, all the goddesses have angel symbiotes and that's hers.

o0 anyway not sure how that fits nicely with Macross... while we're at it Lobelia can shrink into the shadows and is a pyrokenetic... but that still dosn't fit much with Grace lol.

The first thing this sequence brought to my mind was How the heck was he able to play that harmonica through that helmet?! :blink:

I say it's attached to the inside of the helmet...I mean, c'mon, he HAS to play the harmonica...isn't it how he flies the plane? ^_^

I say it's attached to the inside of the helmet...I mean, c'mon, he HAS to play the harmonica...isn't it how he flies the plane? ^_^

Your pushing it, we know he has real controls... Stupid guitar flight stick...

Your pushing it, we know he has real controls... Stupid guitar flight stick...

No no, he's right. Brera moves the Valk through the harmonica. He even shouts "Listen to my harmonica" when he flights into battle, we just haven't seen it yet.

Dynamite!

You're weird dude. :)

You know I just realized, your back to a Klan avatar. I believe a lot of us saw that coming didn't we? Mm hmm, definetly MisaForTheLoss.

I'm thinking one much too obvious "sci-fi" explanation is that the Vajra are creatures native to fold space.

Been there done that with the space whales of Zola.

But given the Mao Nome's connection I'm thinking another experiment by the Protoculture gone wrong like the Evil series, which the Protodevlin jacked.

Why else would the red types sport Protoculture spiral sigil.

Humans do have a damn knack for stumbling on their weapons sites. (Like New Asia in the Sega M3 game and Varuta in Macross 7.)

i dun understand. did it say POISON?

i saw 639 WITCH CRAFT

it is mean poison?

maybe you can solve scoobydoo mysteries, you are so good.

please log off.

you are screwing us.

i think the point of the name on the pill was to imply it WASN'T Motrin XL or 300 mg's of Asprin. Enough with the slander otherwise, ladies...

Well, my take of Grace's actions is very Jihadist in nature (certainly something new to Macross: Muslim tendicies for self-invicted irrational violence)...

^_^ Fun fun fun (oh and your VF-171 battroid action: 10 to 1 when the Battroid turns, he gets it, blows up and ALTO flies through it's wreckage... Sorry. once CF, always CF...)

So did we ever figure out if the "eye" they showed before Alto's valk first went powerless was the queen Vajra or something else? It seemed as if whatever it was, was under water.

So did we ever figure out if the "eye" they showed before Alto's valk first went powerless was the queen Vajra or something else? It seemed as if whatever it was, was under water.

Given that the Vajra had a whole fleet hiding under the water, I think it is safe to assume it was Vajra related. Speaking of which, are the vajra ships alive?

the big Vajra ship especially looked very organic in nature. Perhaps they use captured built vessels as skeletons and grow the Vajra ship around them?