Max's TV 1/48 VF-1A on the way?

UN Spacy

• 3 weeks later...
Just got my Macross Chronicle booklet, and folder. Still getting all the details for the limited valks and it`s really going to piss you guys off.

Both are limited to 250 units each.

You need to buy the first issue for the points, then buy the next issue for the application card or something like that. (Still getting the full details so not 100 percent clear).

Even if you get all required items for the limited Valks, you will be put in a lottery for the opportunity to purchase.

Full details once I can get a better translation.

Save, I was waiting for a followup to your last Post and never saw one, so I didn't think you were offering to acquire these...bummer

dashgtr, did you receive your confirmations?

Edited by chowyunskinny

Save, I was waiting for a followup to your last Post and never saw one, so I didn't think you were offering to acquire these...bummer

dashgtr, did you receive your confirmations?

I never had the time to deal with getting these, Wonder Fest and other things kept me too busy to try to read through all the requests. I barely got the points I had in one day before the dead line. To be honest I really didn't want to deal with a mass order 1/48 are just too much work. Still I'm sure it will be held against me some where down the road.

I never had the time to deal with getting these, Wonder Fest and other things kept me too busy to try to read through all the requests. I barely got the points I had in one day before the dead line. To be honest I really didn't want to deal with a mass order 1/48 are just too much work. Still I'm sure it will be held against me some where down the road.

No worries man. It's just when I saw you posted confirmations plural, I thought that maybe I had missed out on, so it's all good B))

Anyone who translate that pages VF-1A Valkylie picture-image wikipedia (JAPANESE)

c35d50965267ff60.jpg

(「マクロス・クロニクル」誌上通販ページより)

●TV版(後に【ブロック1から4まで初期生産ブロックと説明)、及び劇場版(後に、【ブロック5以降】後期生産ブロックと説明)では、前記のコクピット構成&アビオニクス更新以外にも、バトロイド時の頭部プロポーションや、カメラのデザインが異なる。

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

【TV版・ブロック1から4までの初期型】

カメラの「ひさし」部が無く、メインカメラが直接頭部最前部に半埋め込み状に設置。この為、頭部は全般的にスマートである。隔週木曜日刊の「マクロス・クロニクル」(http://books.shopro.co.jp/macross/)分冊百科での誌上限定通販「やまと 1/48 VF-1A マックス機(TV版)」では、この違いを再現している。

(以下引用)

『頭部メインカメラがむき出しになっており、劇場版VF-1Aとは大きく異なるデザインとなっています。TV版VF-1Aを完全再現するために、頭部を完全新規造形いたしました。

グリーンのクリアパーツが鮮やかなメインカメラ、劇場版VF-1Aとは微妙に異なるラインの頭部カウリングと、TV版VF-1Aの特徴をあますところなく再現しています』

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

【劇場版・ブロック5以降の大気圏外能力強化型】

頭部ユニットにメイン・カメラの「ひさし」部を設け、ここの一段奥にカメラを設置する。いわば放送局のTVカメラのように日除けがついた構造になっている。

これは宇宙空間が主戦場になるにつれ。恒星圏内での強烈な熱線から、カメラを幾分でも保護する為に改良したものと思われる。

しかしながら、全長は変形の都合上変更出来ない為、頭部本体は若干寸詰まりのデザインとなった。

a889eec861dbce27.jpg

(株式会社やまと 1/48完全変形VF-1A「ロージビリティー」(低視認)塗装仕様のギャラリーより)

Edited by yui1107

Looks nice and all, hopefully Yamato will make a 1/60 v2 of this. I can afford it now that I'm skipping the VF-25. I really think Yamato could sell enough of these to justify a regular run. I'm just not paying $500+ for this thing, my Kurt custom that I used to have was cheaper than that. Thankfully, I'm done with 1/48s...(for now)

I didn't get one either, which is too bad. That was my plane ticket to Taiwan this winter.

It's Karma for wanting one just to scalp for a plane ticket (and having no shame in stating it)

AND

for asking 2x the price plus shipping for the Max 1A for MW members and then offering it for cheaper on another forum :lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

It's Karma for wanting one just to scalp for a plane ticket (and having no shame in stating it)

AND

for asking 2x the price plus shipping for the Max 1A for MW members and then offering it for cheaper on another forum :lol:

Actually his buyer was going to pay for his round ticket flight so that yellowlightman could sell it to him at 100% cost. I think that is more than fair. Why pay 2x the price, if you over seas guys want it at cost then hell cost would equal personal delivery. So we are talking retail plus round trip ticket which would you choose.

Just because we live in Japan doesn't make us rich, some of us need the extra cash. chowyunskinny I'm not trying to be hostel I do all I can for the members if I have the time and resources but even I get irked when people say things when they don't know how much time and effort it takes to get these things then we turn around and either the buyer wants to pay nothing and a thank you or says "is $20.00 cool". If guys flipped items with out getting something in return they would die from exhaustion and then collectors would have no way of getting anything.

Edited by Save

Save,

Do you know by chance if the new releases limited VF1S hik and Max have limited ed. boxes or not?

thanks

Kicker773

Have no idea what they will come in. We have to pay for the items with in the next few weeks, but they will not ship till early 2009.

Edited by Save

Actually his buyer was going to pay for his round ticket flight so that yellowlightman could sell it to him at 100% cost. I think that is more than fair. Why pay 2x the price, if you over seas guys want it at cost then hell cost would equal personal delivery. So we are talking retail plus round trip ticket which would you choose.

Just because we live in Japan doesn't make us rich, some of us need the extra cash. chowyunskinny I'm not trying to be hostel I do all I can for the members if I have the time and resources but even I get irked when people say things when they don't know how much time and effort it takes to get these things then we turn around and either the buyer wants to pay nothing and a thank you or says "is $20.00 cool". If guys flipped items with out getting something in return they would die from exhaustion and then collectors would have no way of getting anything.

That's fine Save, be irked. I made no public criticism of Yellowlightman's asking price after his post in this thread initially. To give you some history, some other members and I were discussing purchasing the item through another member in a separate thread. Yellow posted questioning the logistics of our transaction and then complained how much of a headache it was going to be for him to acquire it and how we objected to his asking price. Now prior to the time he interjected, I had never posted anything or PM'd him regarding his prices, nor did I PM him asking if he could help me out. It bugged me that he threw in his two cents about how our transaction wasn't practical and yet it still worked out to be cheaper than what he was offering (which I pointed out and was the first time I made a post in response to him).

Save, we have never had a transaction. You don't know me, my financial situation and what I may or may not offer for your troubles. You can't just generalize and lump me into "stiff you on the tip" category. That also seems to be a stigma of MW members to Yellow also according to a PM he sent me. He also mentioned in his PM to me about getting spammed for updates. I haven't contacted him for anything and I also respected your post about not PM'ing. You think I don't know about MW members wanting a lower price? I've sold my share of stuff on these boards, but I don't think I've called fellow MW members "whiny" or "cheap" like he did in his PM to me just because I didn't agree with his asking price.

And yes you are right about me not knowing the time and effort it takes to get these things, but I did buy 2 copies of Macross Chronicles Vol 1 and 2 at 20 dollars each so I could at least ease some of the hassle in case anyone in Japan could help out. On the flipside, you don't know the time and effort it takes for me to make the money to buy these things, so of course I'm going to try and find the best deal.

Bottom line is, if he would've offered the item for the price he asked on another board, I would have been more than happy to buy with a 100 tip as per the number Macrossman cited in his post. But Yellow threw out "2x plus shipping" when we didn't even know what the price of the item was going to be. Of course that's gonna turn off a lot of people.

Save, I can understand you stating the headaches involved because I've read about all your efforts in acquiring stuff like the Glasses and Weathering 1S for fellow members. I totally respect the fact that you said you were too busy and kind of over how much of a pain it was for other items. Maybe i'm wrong, but I haven't seen Yellow that actively involved, yet he laments in several of his posts about how much of a headache it's going to be. Well there's an easy solution, if you (Yellow) think it's that much of a headache just flat out don't offer or say anything. Some people are probably expecting you (Save) to come through as the go to guy now. But I wasn't counting on Yellow for nada, nunca, bupkis.

In regards to his buyer paying for his round trip ticket, I did not know the specifics of their deal, so of course reading "That was my plane ticket to Taiwan this winter" is going to have a slightly negative connotation to me. I'm sorry you were offended enough that you felt compelled to reply, it was not directed at you. I appreciate how you break down and justify the cost or your services point by point. I just don't like someone complaining about how much of a headache it's going to be to do something I haven't asked for or expected them to do for me and not explaining how they arrived at their asking price and then calling me and other MW members cheap and whiny because I didn't agree with the price. So yeah, I made a jab.

Edited by chowyunskinny

Looks nice and all, hopefully Yamato will make a 1/60 v2 of this. I can afford it now that I'm skipping the VF-25. I really think Yamato could sell enough of these to justify a regular run. I'm just not paying $500+ for this thing, my Kurt custom that I used to have was cheaper than that. Thankfully, I'm done with 1/48s...(for now)

yeah..i got that sweet kurt custom from you for less than half that shipped. $500+ is just silly.

too bad i backed out on dashgtr's offer (which i am regretting) due to an unexpected event but i believe that the max tv price will be playing around $300+ when it hits ebay. cuz i think alot of people had an oppurtunity to order multiple pieces of this. in short, wasnt like the roy weathered that was only 1 item per household, order thru a website with limited window time etc

Edited by Vegas

Yes 500+ is crazy for it, however most of us that wanted it got it pre-ordered for a very reasonable price via members here that in asia.

All the people out there charging 3x 4x 5x the price are just preying on the stupid or uninformed.

So 2x the price not counting shipping is okay with you?

sigh yeah too much maybe we can pray for a regular run. Which I think I saw one of these on ebay for sale :blink:

actually yeah I did, though someone with only like 8 reviews

http://cgi.ebay.com/Limit-Yamato-1-48-MAX-...id=p3286.c0.m14

oh well maybe next time :lol:

I think the Weathered Roy got all blown out of proportion. The last one I saw went for $440 shipped on eBay. I wish I was in town and thinking about it, I would have bid for sure. If the prices on the Roy are already coming down this quickly instead of going up I think these future releases that don’t seem to be nearly as limited will be smokin’ hot for a little while but will then stabilize out like the Low Vis 1 is. There will be a lot of people getting multiples thinking they will make a mint on them like the Roy but instead there will end up being a lot available (comparatively speaking). And the law of supply and demand says that the prices will drop fairly quickly. At least that is what I am hoping (based on experience/history though). I just don’t have the time nor the inclination to do some back door, top secret type of purchase to get my hands on one of these.

My money is on that if you wait long enough (which probably won’t be more than 6 months) that you will be able to pluck them up without too much hassle and they won’t cost a bundle either.

sigh yeah too much maybe we can pray for a regular run. Which I think I saw one of these on ebay for sale :blink:

actually yeah I did, though someone with only like 8 reviews

http://cgi.ebay.com/Limit-Yamato-1-48-MAX-...id=p3286.c0.m14

oh well maybe next time :lol:

That is the most confusing auction posting I have ever read! There you guys go posted below retail. Score of 8 hope he knows how to pack for safe transit.

The Max Valk in the TV show never really appealed to me, but seeing the yamato version, it looks great, I would like one too :lol:

but i would settle for a noraml 1/48 VF 1A if the price is right, either it be the angelbirds or DYRL versions, seems like an easy job to customise one in Max's colour scheme considering my crappy modelling skills.

I customised 1/60 VF 1S(old version) in Max's DYRL colours, the problem is trying to get the right blue, I went through 3 types of blue and i'm still not happy :lol:

Edited by kung flu

If this was just a repainted 1/48 DYRL VF-1A in TV Max paint scheme, I wouldn't be so concerned about getting one, but the fact that they went as far as resculpting the head to make it SDF Macross accurate pisses me off that it's a Japanese-only mail-away exclusive. :angry:

I don't have a VF 1A, but I can't seem to see anything that much different? :blink:

• 4 months later...