My fan site

D_Unit

My fan site:

Hi guys/gals; I made a site dedicated to my interests, and Macross/Robotech is one of them. Below is the direct link to the Macross category of my site:

Macross Section of my Website

And here’s the direct link to my Macross collection gallery:

My Macross collection gallery page

To see all my other stuff, just go to the main page: http://www.loopydetails.com/

I hope to improve in my article writing as well as picture taking skills as I continue working on content for my site.

Thanks.

Yes, with Joomla the free CMS software. There are many free templates for Joomla. I picked on with the right backend, edited the hell out of the graphics and the PHP code, and the site is born.

What the real challenge in make this kind of website I found was that; it's not about how great a website looks but the quality of content inside it. I'm trying to make more time in my busy schedule to spend adding good insightful content for it (it's the darn music mixes that take a really long time, but it's also a hobby that I love doing).

Hi miriya:

Actually I'm a designer also (with coding experience). At times I came pretty close to throwing my computer (along with myself) out the window while setting up my site so I know how hard Joomla might seem to be.

I can probably answer some question that you may have. But I'm embarrassed to say this would be the first time I've ever used Private Message through a forums so please be patient (I'm pretty sure it's stupidly easy).

But first I can give you a few hints if it doesn't break to rules of the forum too much:

- Use the latest version (or at lease 1.5.2)

- Set your Joomla to Legacy Mode

- Choose the right template (and learn some basic coding)

- If one plugin/extension/module doesn't work, just use another; no sense in hitting the brick wall more than once

- Download a free beginners guide to Joomla

After you figured it out, you wouldn't believe just how easy and awesome Joomla really is (unlike Wordpress which is so easy to start out but useless as heck once you want to do more with it).

Really enjoyed the trance mixes. Nice to see another electronic musician on here. Got anything available for download? Also, just curious, what do you use?

Really enjoyed the trance mixes. Nice to see another electronic musician on here. Got anything available for download? Also, just curious, what do you use?

Thanks! The player that I use for Joomla can only stream. There is a way that you can get to the files (I think). Just search google for saving streaming audio files. It would be cool for my site if the player can at least cache the mp3 files (that way visitors don't have to re-stream all the time; saving the site's bandwidth). I guess it's a copyright function that all streaming plugins use.

I have a direct-drive turntable, and I borrow my friend's CDJs & mixer. But for recording and editing for the web; nothing beats Virtual DJ. They have a trial for download so you can try it out to see if it's good your needs.

Thanks! The player that I use for Joomla can only stream. There is a way that you can get to the files (I think). Just search google for saving streaming audio files. It would be cool for my site if the player can at least cache the mp3 files (that way visitors don't have to re-stream all the time; saving the site's bandwidth). I guess it's a copyright function that all streaming plugins use.

I have a direct-drive turntable, and I borrow my friend's CDJs & mixer. But for recording and editing for the web; nothing beats Virtual DJ. They have a trial for download so you can try it out to see if it's good your needs.

Actually, I've just went through a bunch of legal mp3 download sites and it looks like it's O.K. for me to have a direct download link to my mixes as long as they are my mixes and not another DJ's. I actually saw some DJ sites that have the same player setup as mine but also have a download link underneath. Their mixes also have top-name label tracks in them. I guess you can expect to be able to download my mixes soon.

• 2 weeks later...
love your mixes man, its nice to see fellow members here who are into electronic music. nice site too!

Thanks! I'm really glad that I posted in Macross World Forums. I actually only posted on 2 forums (the other is a Trance forum) so far (and I only told 5 of my friends about my site). Two of the major reason is because I'm trying to build up some self confidence before I let more people know; and the fact that I respect the people/forums that I've told so far enough to look at my site (with all the dumb writing mistakes that I make).