If Yamato made a 1/60 VF-4 would you buy it?

UN Spacy

390 members have voted

1. 1. If Yamato made a 1/60 VF-4 would you buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

hope... the G-man can convince Yamato to make this and that there is enough demand to justify a mass produced toy version. :)

Definitely, and besides the Flashback 2012 version, I'm sure Yamato could come up with other color schemes to use as well. I would easily get 3 of these if produced. B))

I want as many different generations of VFs as possible. So I definitely want at least one VF-4 if not two.

Bring on the Cutlass, Crusader, Star Mirage, and Vampire as well! Yes I know, big fat chance any of those would ever happen. Well at least the VF-5000B was featured in Dynamite 7 in addition to a couple games and has a bunch of canon paint schemes.

If Yamato is planning a VF-4 release, I vehemently hope they go with the revised longer, sleeker design rather than the original stubbier design. I guess the shorter design would be closer to canon, since Hikaru is swooshing a model of it briefly in one short scene, but as a fan of aesthetics, and apparently so too Mr. Kawamori, the redesign presents a far more striking fighter. While I love fighters, at heart I'm a battroid guy, and I love the Lightning's b-mode and transformation. Just an all around beautiful design that I'd love to have, rendered in all the stunning detail Yamato is known for, on my desk within easy reach.

If Yamato is planning a VF-4 release, I vehemently hope they go with the revised longer, sleeker design rather than the original stubbier design. I guess the shorter design would be closer to canon, since Hikaru is swooshing a model of it briefly in one short scene, but as a fan of aesthetics, and apparently so too Mr. Kawamori, the redesign presents a far more striking fighter. While I love fighters, at heart I'm a battroid guy, and I love the Lightning's b-mode and transformation. Just an all around beautiful design that I'd love to have, rendered in all the stunning detail Yamato is known for, on my desk within easy reach.

That "stubbier" version that Hikaru holds the model of is the prototype. The release version is in Flashback 2012, is plenty sleek, and totally canonical.

That "stubbier" version that Hikaru holds the model of is the prototype. The release version is in Flashback 2012, is plenty sleek, and totally canonical.

All the better; regretfully, I've never seen Flashback 2012. However, I do have the Macross Designworks , in which the original and redesigned versions are featured, so I guess I mis-stepped when I implied that the earlier version was "more" canonical than the latter.

So, I'm assuming Hikaru flew the sleeker version in Flashback?

All the better; regretfully, I've never seen Flashback 2012. However, I do have the Macross Designworks , in which the original and redesigned versions are featured, so I guess I mis-stepped when I implied that the earlier version was "more" canonical than the latter.

You'd be correct in that assumption.

f2012_vf4_lightning_iii.png

Look at the differences between the prototype VF-X-4 (SDF Macross) and the mass produced VF-4 (Flashback 2012):

post-12283-0-30789700-1315974061_thumb.gif post-12283-0-82472400-1315974066_thumb.gif

Source: http://www.macross2.net/m3/m3.html

Watched Flashback on Youtube...saw the scene in question. Too bad the scene was so short. Would have been cool to see it fly alongside the VF-1 in battle in the original series.

Thanks for the pics. I'm quite aware of the differences between the original "stubby" design, and the longer, sleeker design. Longer, sleeker wins my vote if Yamato decides to commit.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Definitely, and besides the Flashback 2012 version, I'm sure Yamato could come up with other color schemes to use as well. I would easily get 3 of these if produced. B))

They could probably try and do a Max and Milia colour scheme to go with Macross M3.

Usually I like to buy one of each type of Valkyrie (considering how expensive they are lol) but with the VF-4, I would so buy more than one if they came in different colour schemes just so I could display them in all 3 modes... simply because it's just that rare of a bird.

Usually I like to buy one of each type of Valkyrie (considering how expensive they are lol) but with the VF-4, I would so buy more than one if they came in different colour schemes just so I could display them in all 3 modes... simply because it's just that rare of a bird.

I'll do my best to get multiples of the VF-4. The price won't matter.

This bird is absolutely beautiful.

One for fighter mode, the other for battroid/gerwalk and I'll need an extra for the thousand transformation cycles it will get put through!!!