Dirty Pair TV - 1985

Area88

1626.jpg

Original Dirty Pair TV series from 1985 which started the whole franchise, simply the best version of the show, is finally being fansubbed.

It was the first ever 'girls with guns' show of it's time and still one of the best sci fi shows to date, with a great cyberpunk feel to it at times. Despite speculation, the TV series has never been licensed or released on dvd.

First episode at animesuki in all it's remastered glory:

Download - Dirty Pair - Episode 1 - Torrent (Click Here)

Questions, feedback and discussion encouraged.

Edited by Area88

Actually, Exiled-Destiny has been working on this for some time. Granted, they're a little hard to find, as they don't release to Asuki for some messed up reason, but you can find it on well-known secondary trackers. They're on a slow boat to China (up to episode 7 after only 2 or so years!). They use the old subs. You can even find the old VHS rips online. It might be better to just try to help them.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Actually, Exiled-Destiny has been working on this for some time. Granted, they're a little hard to find, as they don't release to Asuki for some messed up reason, but you can find it on well-known secondary trackers.

Baka Updates has 'em, for one.

Our version uses the Fuzzy Production translations, so yes, a re-work of the scripts.

Exiled Destiny version has poor subtitle timing and spelling mistakes. I'm hoping our version will be the best online, it's defintly an improvement over theirs..

Your welcome, ComicKaze, glad to be of service..

Hey Area88, I have a complete bunch of timed Dirty Pair TV scripts also based on the VHS fansubs, would you be interested? Like the newer subs, they've been tweaked here and there to correct spelling, grammar, etc. If there was a nice subtitle resource/repository out there, I'd have happily uploaded them a while ago, but since Gersen and Night who used to run ScriptClub gave up the ghost almost two years ago (burying their entire script archive in the process), there's been nowhere to put them! :(

If you were aware of E-D, why are you claiming that it's, "finally being fansubbed?" Sort of misinformative, don't you think. ^_^;;;

I've not really noticed any timing errors. Though the releases are so far apart, it's been awhile since I watched them. They do, at least, put out v2s (and 3s, and 4s if need be)

It's nice to know you're correcting things, but I'd rather you focus on shows not being subbed at all, like Layzner.

Awesome news, Doryu2025

Yeah your right Mercurial Morpheus, I should probaly edit that phrase out of the thread but I kinda meant properly fansubbed. ED are just a ripping group which distribute exclusively through their IRC channel. While we are a proper fansubbing group that distributes through torrents with animesuki and scarywater.

Don't worry though, we are still focusing on unsubbed shows, Live Evil has actually contacted us regarding our Dirty Pair TV release and will be taking over the project from now, without help.

Yeah your right Mercurial Morpheus, I should probaly edit that phrase out of the thread but I kinda meant properly fansubbed. ED are just a ripping group which distribute exclusively through their IRC channel. While we are a proper fansubbing group that distributes through torrents with animesuki and scarywater.

Since when does distribution method define fansubber status? :wacko: Especially since you were using pre-existing subs as well. You shouldn't really rag on other groups like that, regardless of how low-key their operations.

Don't worry though, we are still focusing on unsubbed shows, Live Evil has actually contacted us regarding our Dirty Pair TV release and will be taking over the project from now, without help.

That's both excellent (they're a great group, and frees you up) and terrible news (they're horribly slow thanks to too many long projects). Add another two years to Galaxy Express 999 and another decade to Queen Millennia ... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the releases, anyway. I am a big Dirty Pair fan.

That's both excellent (they're a great group, and frees you up) and terrible news (they're horribly slow thanks to too many long projects). Add another two years to Galaxy Express 999 and another decade to Queen Millennia ... :rolleyes:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Live Evil does some really fantastic work, but when it comes to consistency, they're like the fansubbers version of ADD.

• 6 years later...

Isn't one of the movies, Nolandia I believe, after Project Eden? Nolandia is the one with the different look to it. More realistic. I didn't like that one.

I thought it was TV / OVAs / Project Eden, 2nd OVA movie which I can't remember the name of or if it's before Project Eden, then Nolandia.

I've never seen Flash. It just looks wrong coming from the awesome look of the original.

I still hope some company makes good figures of the Dirty Pair one day. It seems like a crime with all these other odd characters that we don't get one good version of Kei and Yuri. They were the ultimate fan service characters back in the day.