Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

My guess is that the whole cockpit and canopy will be able to be pressed down, allowing the heatshield to slide up and over the canopy, similar to how the heatshield is stored in the lineart. There was a lot of discussion on this before the announcement. I think we had some diagrams of ideas floating around on this board somewhere...

The heatshield, shoulder transformation, vertical stabilizers being hidden, and gunpod mount have been foremost on my mind for this baby. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Gah! I thought you found a picture to post or something. :lol: Now other people shall come look for the same thing.

Believe me, if I hear or read anything new that isn't on this board, I'll post it as long as it won't compromise Graham's relationship with Yamato.

Well in the case of the old leaked fake YF-19 w/FP picture, Yamato got pissed at Graham. Someone "not Graham" posted it, and itt wasn't real, but Yamato still cut contact with Graham over it.

I mean, yeah, if it's a scan from a Japanese magazine no problem. But, I'd just be careful about anything else due to that YF-19 w/FP incident.

addition: Yeah, to ruskiiVFaussie's next post. Legit resources that would have gotten Yamato's approval. Sneak peak pics from cons always wind up all over the place. I figure that as long as a number of Japanese toy/figure review/news sites are reporting on it with pics of the VF-11 then it should be good to post.

Edited by Sumdumgai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
anyone else curious about how they'll do the heat shield?

However they redesign the Heat shield, it couldn't be any worse than the original design. But seeing how its been done for the VF-1's & VF-0's, I think Yamato will have a good concept to work with!!

If anyone has any preview pictures in the future, don't be shy to share them!!

"Thanks for the info Graham"? More like "Oh, you evil sith bastard, you." :D I assume he's fiddled with a prototype already. I'm jealous. Anyway, I have a feeling this thing will be beautiful.

Graham, how about the vertical stabs? Are the nice and big?

Normal size gunpod, don't worry.

Graham

The new 1/60 VF-1 has been reported to be very solid, but there are a few snags with regards to durability, and while a bare minimum, a few breakages. Is Yamato taking the steps necessary to make sure the VF-11 will be just as durable and high in qc like the YF-21?

VF-11 is dead sexy, I plan on buying Isamu's.

Strange it was never shown in MP or M7 how it actually slides or comes out.

well then, it's a good thing someone at yamato own a copy of the Design Works book, since that does show how the heat shield works and failing that, maybe they asked Kawamori. I'm sure he has a pretty good idea as to what is anime accurate.

Something I'd really like to see throughout Yamato's new releases is ratchet joints on the shoulders. The ball joints are tight for now, but still I worry it might become loose one day. Shoulders like on the YF-19 can barely hold the gun up and think ratchets could of solved that with no problem. Again thin hinges like the one of the new VF-1's shoulders should be made of metal to prevent total breakages. Make me smile again Yamato!