Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

Back when Valk Factory was still online, either the owner or a friend of his posted a way to make bigger tailfins for the VF-11 merely using cardboard sheet handouts for color samples found at Home Depot or something. That was the cheapest DIY method that I have ever seen with great results. All you did was fold the paper, and put it over the existing tailfins.

I remember that too. It used to be on the main site but I can't find it anymore. I checked the old news section but there doesn't appear to be as much there anymore.

Chris

:)

YAMATO probably will sell two versions of uskaritelyami and without them, but what I can not understand is why the capsule is removed with the pilot?

Because in Macross 7, the VF-11C were shown to have that feature as their ejection for the pilot. So basically they are incorporating some Mac7 goodies in this release.

:)

YAMATO probably will sell two versions of uskaritelyami and without them, but what I can not understand is why the capsule is removed with the pilot?

IIRC its because the VF-11s in Mac7 had the whole ejectable cockpit capsule thing, so by extension the VF-11s in MacPlus must have had them too.

edit: kanedaestes beat me to the punch

Edited by edwin3060

It would be soooooo much easier if I liked the fast packs for the VF-11 :(

Are you kidding?? The rectangular FAST (Fuel And Sensor Tactical) packs used on the VF-11 are my favourites of all!! They look great, and I just love the part that they have two exhaust nozzles per Pack. The VF-1's in contrast are much to bulky with those giant boosters...

A VF-11B would be great, and I can't wait to get my hands on one. I already thought I bought one, as it was advertised as 1/60th but from what I later learned it's the 1/72nd Yamato model... Too bad, but still cool. The VF-11B is still one of my fav VF's.

After a long break from the boards I came to see if there were any pics of this and yes I'm quite impressed.

Looks good in all modes.

Definitely getting one. But I'm going to wait until everyone else experiences potential faults on the early releases before committing. :p

*hopes the first release is close to perfect like the sv-51*

Are you kidding?? The rectangular FAST (Fuel And Sensor Tactical) packs used on the VF-11 are my favourites of all!! They look great, and I just love the part that they have two exhaust nozzles per Pack.

Doesnt the VF-25 also have a 2 nozzle FP? I never cared much for either.

Yup one on the top and one on the bottom of the wing. For the life of me I can't understand how they couldn't have made bigger tailfins, oh well this is going to be displayed in battroid most of the time anywhoo.

Probably the same problems of leg storage-- I'm pretty sure Yamato would have given us bigger fins if they could. You never know, if someone gives them the feedback (*cough*Graham*cough*) they might make interchangeable fins-- bigger ones for the fighter purists, and smaller ones for the perfect transformation, just like they gave two sets of canards for the YF-19?

Remko: Finally! Another VF-11 lover. It is still my favourite VF so far!

Yea, except that the canards on the 19 had nothing to do with perfect trans, or proportional accuracy in each mode. But if you're saying that there is a possibility of Yamato being super-nice and giving us fan-pleasing extras... Maybe, but I am doubtful.

Anyways, Im a fighter person, so the tiny tail fins arent going to cut it. But I did like the long gunpod, and the wicked bayonet. =/ so many trade offs.

Edited by Cent

Probably the same problems of leg storage-- I'm pretty sure Yamato would have given us bigger fins if they could. You never know, if someone gives them the feedback (*cough*Graham*cough*) they might make interchangeable fins-- bigger ones for the fighter purists, and smaller ones for the perfect transformation, just like they gave two sets of canards for the YF-19?

Remko: Finally! Another VF-11 lover. It is still my favourite VF so far!

or they could just be lazy like some other companies (*cough*bandai*cough*). and apparently Yamato no longer likes Graham so no use asking him to talk to them.

and besides, when has yamato ever done PT vs. anime accurate interchangeable parts? oh yeah, never.

I remember that too. It used to be on the main site but I can't find it anymore. I checked the old news section but there doesn't appear to be as much there anymore.

Chris

Because in Macross 7, the VF-11C were shown to have that feature as their ejection for the pilot. So basically they are incorporating some Mac7 goodies in this release.

Thanks for the explanation

After a long break from the boards I came to see if there were any pics of this and yes I'm quite impressed.

Looks good in all modes.

Definitely getting one. But I'm going to wait until everyone else experiences potential faults on the early releases before committing. :p

*hopes the first release is close to perfect like the sv-51*

Yeah i'll probably be holding out on the 2nd issue as well, couldn't bear to try that with the YF-21 (got 2), would be nice to see the first release

get the thumbs up tho! I think it's looking great, looking at the lineart that Lonely Soldier Boy propped up confirms it's pretty close.

Battroid mode is badass. I'll totally be in for a tail fin extension! It'll be done.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Nope, so far no 2nd issued YF-21. Play it safe.. get the VF-11B 1st issue! :)

How is that safe? We dont even know its initial release quality yet! If anything, its a bigger gamble than the 21.

Nope, so far no 2nd issued YF-21. Play it safe.. get the VF-11B 1st issue! :)

or play it REALLY safe, and wait until after any problems the VF-11B has are discovered on everyone elses valks, then go ahead and buy it if there fault free.

(the YF-21, all of the SV-51's and the YF-19 are all still readily available. it's not like you'll miss out on getting it just because you wait a little longer)

Essentially, you're waiting for a VF-11B V2. Lol. That may be a while. I'd think the YF-21 V2 would come first =P. Or if you want something now (for Christmas, perhaps) then something already in its second iteration.

When the YF-21 first came out, its after reading Graham's reviews that I made the decision to get it first. So you cud say I played it safe back then. As for VF-11B, I will need to hear even more reviews (esp fm Graham), considering the price tag is much higher this time ;) . Anyway lets wait & see how it goes.

I thought the price of the VF-11b was going to be 18,800 yen retail? that would make it less than the YF-21 (which is like 22,000 yen)

which makes sence since the 11b's going to be smaller.

(of course with how screwed up the exchange rate is right now, the difference between a YF-21 then and a VF-11 now might not be much)

I think he's talking about the 1/72 YF-21. Which was less than 7,000 yen if I remember. The 1/60 is around 22,000 yen like you say, matching the price of the SV-51s. Exchange rates, shipping and all, that's about 270 Canadian Retail around here.... Nothing less of staggering.

The VF-11 seems to be matching the 1/60 YF-19's price, which is a bit more reasonable.