Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

is that it? ......... im saving now if thats it, cause it will be a shelf queen. my wife asked me the other day if i would give up my collection for her. it was 50/50 but with this bird, she'd have to go!!!!!!!!!!

:edit:

ack, is this the 1/60 proto?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I saw it this past week at Yamato's Summer Business Show, it was was only displayed in fighter mode with fast packs. It looks really nice, the color of the prototype was a very dark gray. They said it is still pending approval from BW so no photos were allowed.

Edited by Save

OT: did you notice this:039.jpg

OT: did you notice this:

Yea in another thread

Back on topic. VFX2 colors would be great. Thats one of the best color schemes I've seen and nice twist on the skull logo.

I expect this to either cost more than the 1/60 VF-1, less than the YF-19, or the same as the VF-1. Its not that big of a fighter and is similar in size to the VF-1, maybe just a bit bigger.

Yea in another thread

Back on topic. VFX2 colors would be great. Thats one of the best color schemes I've seen and nice twist on the skull logo.

I expect this to either cost more than the 1/60 VF-1, less than the YF-19, or the same as the VF-1. Its not that big of a fighter and is similar in size to the VF-1, maybe just a bit bigger.

I think it'll be slighty more expensive than the 1/60 VF-1. It's about the same size (a little bigger) but Yamato can milk the VF-1 molds a lot more than the VF-11 molds.

I want the VF-11B to come with the 2 atmospheric boosters and the FAST packs from the start. It wasn't the newest flavor of delight in Macross Plus but its arguable the sexiest. I don't know what Kawamori was thinking when he made it but my head exploded when I first saw it in 95. Its been one of my favorite designs since.

I want a PVC pilot figure of Isamu with mouth gaping open and looking crazy so I can recreate the pose where his VF-11B grabs Guld's 21, and he makes Guld freak out. Of course this won't happen but that scene ruled.

I'm calling it now, best looking Yamato valkyrie on expensive display stand.

I want the VF-11B to come with the 2 atmospheric boosters and the FAST packs from the start.

That would be so fresh. I would love to (but probably won't be able to) get three with atmospheric boosters and call them Chasers 1, 2 and 3. I was thinking the exact same thing having Chaser 1 in GERWALK holding up the YF-21 in battroid.

Edited by shogun029

These are what I think are going to be the improvements over the 1/72 VF-11B:

Fighter Mode

-mostly plastic like all releases since the 1/48 VF-1, with metal in the necessary areas

-appearance on par with current releases

-fighter mode priority appearance, so thinner legs like the YF-19 and the new VF-1

-tighter fit in fighter mode with no major gaps and everything locking together flushly

-finer details (panel lines and all that)

-detailed cockpit

-tilting pilot seat (unless the landing gear takes up too much space)

-proper landing gear hatches

-leg landing gear being like the YF-21 rear landing gear (folds/swivels to store)

-no shoulder bars (spoiled the appearance in all modes of the 1/72)

-updated feet with more detail

-detailed intakes with removable covers

-ballistic shield attaches and detaches like the YF-19, but fitted much better than on the 1/72 (that thing still pops off today)

-large vertical stabilizers

-gunpod will store in the traditional manner, attached between the arms in fighter mode

Transformation, Gerwalk, Battroid

-feet will come out like current releases, won't start fully extended like on the 1/72

-vertical stabilizers will somehow fit into the legs without big slits being apparent, and they'll stay secure when stored (unlike the 1/72 where they tend to flop out). My guess is that the sides of the legs will be hatches that allow the stabilizers to swing in, then close around the stabilizers hinges.

-double jointed knees like the VF-0 to do those great gerwalk poses.

-extendable knees, like the YF-19 for better gerwalk posing.

-knee guards lower to allow leg swiveling for better stances and that awesome A-stance in gerwalk

-improved shoulder transformation sequence so that the shoulder bar is removed, and so that the backpack and wings don't have to be set so far back in gerwalk (the backpack and wings are set back a shoulders length due to the transformation process on the 1/72)

-improved shoulder/arm design to allow for a freer range of movement

-double jointed elbows

-hand hiding staying relatively the same, the flip-out method :)

-larger hands, like what Yamato has done for the 1/60 version 2 VF-1 :p

-gunpod will still have an extendable buttstock and flip out bayonet

-gunpod will have removeable over-the-barrel magazine

-there will probably be an internally hidden hinge like the YF-19, for the transformation into battroid, where the neck breaks and the forward section w/canards folds down to become the torso.

-leg fast packs will attach by magnets

-backpack fast pack boosters will attach with the aide of attachment points that insert into the backpack thrusters of the VF-11, and the use of magnets.

-it will come with an adapter for the launch arm or it will come with a special stand

What will be most interesting will be to see how Yamato solves the shoulder transformation on the VF-11B. :) They did what I thought would be impossible on the YF-21 and got that sleek fighter mode with hidden shoulders. I'm sure they'll be able to pull off a new trick for this one (hopefully a sturdy trick). Seeing how they improve and adapt the transformation in toy form will be quite the treat, since this has been one of my long time favorite valkyries. :D

While I love my 1/72 VF-11B dearly for various reasons, I always knew that it could be done better. I'm quite pleased that the YF-19 and YF-21 were remade first, so that the VF-11B could be worked on with even more experience under Yamato's belt.

I'm game for another Macross Plus scheme VF-11B. I would love a low visibility VF-11B. Max, Miria, and Moamiria would be interesting. I love the VFX Ravens scheme. :) I'd skip on the M7 VF-11C schemes, I don't like pink on the VF-11. :p The gunpod on the VF-11C isn't bad.

A full armor set with XS-06 gunpod for the VF-11 from VFX2 would be hard to pass up on... :D

Damn it Yamato, where is my 0D! The prophesy clearly said one M+ toy followed by a M zero toy and so on; the 1/60 VF-1 v2 shouldn’t count. :angry::lol:

Seriously now, I’m more of a fan of how the old 1/72 looks in fighter mode than of the actual VF-11B official design. But after Yamato’s recent engineering wonders, I’m very interested in seeing what they can come up with. B))

I saw it this past week at Yamato's Summer Business Show, it was was only displayed in fighter mode with fast packs. It looks really nice, the color of the prototype was a very dark gray. They said it is still pending approval from BW so no photos were allowed.

FPs already??? Damn.

Still waiting for BW approval...hmmm. So how far along is this then? That's the first time I've heard that for any of the releases...I know it's standard but I guess this isn't official yet then. :(

Chris

Much like the YF-21, "high speed mode" is inherent to the transformation of the VF-11. If it couldn't do high-speed, it couldn't transform to battroid.

The YF-19 is AFAIK the only valk where "high speed mode" involves a unique hinge/motion that is not used in transformation. (And is impossible to do in actual 3D as far as anyone can come up with a feasible design)

Couple of interesting titbits.

Scale will be true 1/60.

However, Kawamori-san may have retconned the VF-11's size to make the dimensions larger than previously given (TBC). Apparently, he now thinks he made the dimensions too small originally.

Graham

oh yeah I don't want a small VF-11 .... it does look bigger than the VF-1 in the animation IMO

But we have never seen it next to a VF-1

My logic will say : it should be in between of the 19/21 and the VF1 for the size IMO

even if we have the "officiel" size of it.........

small "VF1" meduim"VF-11" and large""YF-19/YF21" valk menu

take away of course

:lol:

A small VF-11 can not hold the yf-21 in gerwalk mode :p

^_^

oh yeah I don't want a small VF-11 .... it does look bigger than the VF-1 in the animation IMO

A small VF-11 can not hold the yf-21 in gerwalk mode :p

^_^

Agreed, The 11 didn't look that much smaller than the 21 when it caught it. I'm really glad to here that the official size is being bumped up. Wasn't the first VF-11 already around 1/60 scale and not 1/72? using the old demensions?

Chris

Yeah I wouldn't mind a larger one to be honest. Make the fastpacks light. No need for diecast ones this time. Concentrate on making sure the joints are not floppy, and that ankles with good articulation can withstand the weight of the robot mode without collapsing or anything.

Because the vf-11 is already kinda skinny-looking compared to the other two, it might end up looking super-skinny if they slim down the fighter mode a lot. Maybe the larger size will allow slightly thicker body for robot mode? (hands can fit inside sleeve?)

Oh and if they can: make the wings able to be rotated outwards fully.

Good idea, I always wanted the Macross toys to have similar display height, never really cared about true scale because they are just made up stuff anyway.

Now, if only Kawamori-san can increase the official size of the VF-1 so Yamato can give us another VF-1 line that has an official 1/60 tag but is as big as the 1/48 in toy size... :ph34r:

Edited by Mowe