Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

Muahhahah, YF-21 will be perfect for the Macross Aus Con Tourney. :lol:

cheap skate :lol:

i prefer VF-1S or YF-19 all the time... and yes, YF-21 is like "omg moe" power, seriously...

lol yeah but i'm a 21 whore, if my fav valk so happens to kill easily in PVP then that's everyone elses problem. :lol:

Mind you i will love using Fokkers ZeroS and Nora's SV-51 for PVP.... now just gotta wait till Christmas for me PSP!

There's a score table displayed after the game and I cant remember if its also saved in replay saves.

Thanks for that! Hope we can save... i wanna remember the PVP duels for a long time. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

If you really want a character named Keith in kana with fully unlocked stats & maxed out hearts, here you go :)

BTW, the pilots aren't maxed out at 100% yet, nor do all have all their pilot skills yet, i've taken a break to play Gundam Vs Gundam

ULJS00158000.zip

Saved. Thank you very much Kieth! ^_^

i love this game. The one thing am sad about is, how the macross frontier story ends like halfway though, and no Koenig (did I spell that right?) monster bomber or macross quater.

No. Tune points most definitely don't carry over.

I played Sad Sniper more times than I care to remember, both before & after trying to level of Michel. My regular levelled up michel had significantly different stats & selectable pilot skills than the one in the EX mission. The various end of mission fail screens showed a bare bones unleveled pilot, but let me max out the tune points on the VF-25G.

No matter how many times I played that mission, there was never an increase in pilot stats, nor did it show a reflection in the increase in Michel's pilott stats, or pilot skill changes that I did in other stages. Just what are you basing your assumption on?

Same here...why aren't you on xlink so we can actually play online? :(

I tend to be warry of shareware, especially ones that involve my internet connection. Hell, I'm not even on bittorrent. :) Right now I'm hoping Sony brings over the Japanese PS3 adhoc hub to the U.S.

I was under the impression that the mecha you are given in EX missions were completely untuned and you did not get any tune points fro playing the EX missions and could not add/transfer any of your existing tune points.

Graham

samer here. Can someone clarify? :huh:

The pilot and mecha given by the EX missions is untuned.

The tune points awarded at the end, I think they're given.

Not sure, when I did Max's EX mission with the VF-22 I had tune points to spend. (Not the 500 tut tuning points, I had like about 6000 to spend o_o )

I did it a couple of times to get a SS rank.

tune points awarded, not applicabale, and pilot stats definately not applicable nor awarded.

This is true.

The box missions suck, or I suck at them.

I cannot get the target lock transfer to work properly and flying the Red VF-22 with M7 Max in Gerwalk doesn't help my score. I still end up with a B in both box missions.

I have S/SS on all the missions except the boxes and the EXs after 51 hours.

Just hope the sequel doesn't have any boxes.

So much misinformation! Since many people here probably can't read Japanese, I'll include the characters so you can recognize them in the menus.

The Final Word: Tuned stats for mecha do NOT carry over to EX missions. EX missions force you to use a pre-selected UNTUNED mecha, and the pilot of that mecha. The pilot, however, will have any stats and skills that you have leveled or unlocked during normal missions. As with all missions, tune points are awarded upon completion depending on your performance.

I know this because I grinded with Mikhail for a while when I couldn't beat Friendly Fire EX (aka Sad Sniper), and eventually I unlocked previously unavailable skills that definitely helped me beat the mission, and Mikhail's low Constitution (体力) stat was marginally higher than before, which may or may not have helped.

I first tried Missile Drop (ミサイル落とし), which defeats incoming missiles. However, the time it takes to recharge and the fact that it only destroys one wave of missiles didn't help much against the Vajra hordes. Later, I unlocked the Ace (エース) skill, which temporarily raises attack power, speed, and boost meter by 50%. I managed to actually dogfight the VF-27 to death thanks to this skill, since I could never get a complete hit with the VF-25G's special attack.

As for box missions:

It took me FOREVER to figure out how to S-rank these deceptively simple missions, because I thought you had to walk up to a box and attack it to pick it up. Turns out, you can save a lot of time by switching to GERWALK mode and flying straight along the ground - when you touch the box while locked on, you will automatically pick it up. If enemies appear, you will be unable to lock on the box until they are gone, so either eliminate them immediately or make sure you get every box beforehand if it happens to be the last wave of bad guys. Rinse and repeat, and whatever you do don't run on foot.

As for the rest, make sure you kill Kamjin or any other named enemy pilot in time to get the Ace Kill bonus, preferably using a special melee skill for the few extra grapple points.

Edited by mewarmo990

I call shennanigans, I want documented youtube video showing that you can raise the pilot stats and switch the pilot skill on the ex missions. I tried many times, and the Michel stats shown in Sad Sniper most definately did not reflect my levelled up version for regular missions. Hell, it blocks you from changing his pilot stat in the hanger for that mission.

If changing pilot stats was your problem, you can't. Not on EX missions, nor on any other mission. Pilot stats increase as you use them more and complete missions - you cannot "tune" them like you can with the mecha.

As for the mecha, in the menu, it looks like you can tune your fighter, but as I mentioned earlier, all of the tuning is reset during EX missions.

Honestly, how could you be having trouble switching skills, though? You would just access it in the normal manner, by pressing Square when the pilot is selected. This is the first time I've heard of such a problem.

I mean, even if you go on the GameFAQs forums you'll still find plenty of people thinking tuning works in EX missions, but almost everyone has to level up characters they rarely use to get the skills for EX missions.

Not my video, but it proves that you can select pilot skills on EX missions. The mission is the one where Max has to kill stuff in the canyon.

It is heavily compressed, make sure you watch it in HD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4HAOkgusIs

Edited by mewarmo990

If changing pilot stats was your problem, you can't. Not on EX missions, nor on any other mission. Pilot stats increase as you use them more and complete missions - you cannot "tune" them like you can with the mecha.

As for the mecha, in the menu, it looks like you can tune your fighter, but as I mentioned earlier, all of the tuning is reset during EX missions.

Honestly, how could you be having trouble switching skills, though? You would just access it in the normal manner, by pressing Square when the pilot is selected. This is the first time I've heard of such a problem.

I mean, even if you go on the GameFAQs forums you'll still find plenty of people thinking tuning works in EX missions, but almost everyone has to level up characters they rarely use to get the skills for EX missions.

Not my video, but it proves that you can select pilot skills on EX missions. The mission is the one where Max has to kill stuff in the canyon.

It is heavily compressed, make sure you watch it in HD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4HAOkgusIs

Pardon me, you can change the pilot skill before, but it still won't apply to the EX mission. Do me a favor, go into EX Sad Sniper, intentionally lose, then compare the pilot stats in that lose screen with the actual pilot stats you have for Michel, and you'll see they clearly don't match up. Better than that, equip Max World as a pilot skill, then try to use it :)

And I never said you can change pilot stats like tune points, just that levelling up a pilot won't reflect in their EX mission, they'll revert back to their stock stats.

Edited by Keith

I checked, and you are right about the stats. You are half wrong about skill selection - lemme clear things up.

The Final Final Word: EX missions force you to use an UNTUNED mecha and UNLEVELED pilot with stock stats, regardless of whatever improvements you may have accrued over the course of the normal campaign. Pilot skills are usable - however, you may only use skills that the pilot already has at that stock level.

Since you mentioned Max World, I am unable to use it with Mikhail on EX Friendly Fire. However, Max can equip it in his EX missions because he starts with the skill.

Either way, you don't need any extra skills to beat the EX missions if you're good enough. I probably mistook the basic Iron Wall (Defense x2) skill for Ace; it still helped me beat Brera the first time though. ^_^

Edited by mewarmo990

Finally finished all the EX Missions, now I can start going back into other levels and get S ranks, some of my really crappy scores are already changed to A Ranks, so now I just gotta beef it up a bit more.

I checked, and you are right about the stats. You are half wrong about skill selection - lemme clear things up.

The Final Final Word: EX missions force you to use an UNTUNED mecha and UNLEVELED pilot with stock stats, regardless of whatever improvements you may have accrued over the course of the normal campaign. Pilot skills are usable - however, you may only use skills that the pilot already has at that stock level.

Since you mentioned Max World, I am unable to use it with Mikhail on EX Friendly Fire. However, Max can equip it in his EX missions because he starts with the skill.

Either way, you don't need any extra skills to beat the EX missions if you're good enough. I probably used the basic Iron Wall (Defense x2) skill for Ace; it still helped me beat Brera the first time though. ^_^

I just found it strange so many MW'ers beat that damn mission on halloween night. I wonder if it had more to do with nothing better to do on a holiday than skill :)

I just found it strange so many MW'ers beat that damn mission on halloween night. I wonder if it had more to do with nothing better to do on a holiday than skill smile.gif

I think i beat the mass majority of the game over late october, but I didn't finish it until maybe wha, 3 nights ago now?

Is there any trick to getting S rank on the normal Sad Sniper mission. Can't seem to get higher than A rank.

Dreading playing the Ex mission version if it's as hard as everybody says.

Graham

I can't remember how I S ranked the normal 'Sad Sniper' but you could try:

- Melee the Bajura as quick as possible and then pick off Brera (VF-27) before he gets to escape.

- When brera comes, I spam missile ® to get some combo's down and try to kill him quickly ^^

The general tips to follow when S-ranking are

- Using melee whenever possible for bonus Grapple Points

- Finishing the mission ASAP

- Killing named "ace" pilots as soon as they appear for the 10000 bonus

- Worry about combo points last. As you upgrade your mecha's weapons it will become more difficult to get a high number of consecutive hits before killing your targets.

When you unlock the EX mission, just focus on survival at first (kill big Vajra FAST or prepare for gang rape), and don't be surprised if you end up failing the missions dozens of times ;)

A good way to take down the large Vajra is to lure one away from the rest (hopefully Alto is still alive to occupy them) and kill them one at a time.

Probably one of the more annoying things about this EX mission is that Alto's VF-25F is a valid target so you'll end up locking on him far too often (this is the part in the story when Alto and Mikhail are fighting with each other). Killing Alto is not advised since he distracts the enemies, and furthermore if you damage him he'll actually start ramming you if nobody else is around... (I don't remember if it's like this in the normal version)

You'll have to play much more aggressively to get an S-rank, since you get a B by default just for beating it.

The general tips to follow when S-ranking are

- Using melee whenever possible for bonus Grapple Points

- Finishing the mission ASAP

- Killing named "ace" pilots as soon as they appear for the 10000 bonus

- Worry about combo points last. As you upgrade your mecha's weapons it will become more difficult to get a high number of consecutive hits before killing your targets.

I'd like to add:

- Make sure allies stay alive (Alto in EX Sad Sniper)

- Some missions require keeping enemy ace alive so lesser enemies respawn.

- Tune down gunpod strength and increase your ammo count for higher combo.

- YF-21 is good for a quick SPA finishes, SV-51 machinegun subweapon is good for high combos if tuned down, VF-27 speed SPA is good for grapple bonuses and fast finishes.

Alright here goes the comic question.....which option is the Save Game one ? Someone needs to put a quick n easy Ace Fronteir guide for gaijins .... :unsure:

You'd never make it through an import super robot wars with that attitude! It's 3rd from the bottom.

Another ? ....once again, feel free to laugh. When playing missions where the vf19 Fire Valkyrie appears, he is friend correct ? I find that he screws up my targeting constantly. Is there something I am missing here ?

Thats deliberate as in the anime he was outside the military ( at first ) and therefore was seen as a target by the IFF. Also he is a PITA because he always gets in the way.

Alright here goes the comic question.....which option is the Save Game one ? Someone needs to put a quick n easy Ace Fronteir guide for gaijins .... :unsure:
Katakana breakdown

Controls (well controller :p)

コ ントロ-ラ

save

セ-ブ

load

ロ-ド

network

ネツトワ -ク

Top menu

トツプ メ ニュ-

I've been playing a lot with my brother recently and I have to say the multiplayer is just a better experience than the Gundam series equivalent although the game itself can be horribly slow in comparison.

I really like how they took the opportunity to break away from some of the things that were bogging down the battle series. Hopefully they'll consider implementing some of the newer AF features in the next Gundam game, or better yet, Macross vs Gundam (again, Valkyries for the win).