Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

On one of the early M7 missions, I think it’s around the 4th or 5th mission, there are some boxes in a crater on a moon. What are you supposed to do on this mission?

No matter how many Fz-109A I destroy or how quickly I destroy them or destroy Gigil in his Fz-109F, I always only get a ‘B’ ranking. In all other missions I’ve either got an ‘A’ or an ’S’, so I think I must be missing something.

Graham

Target the boxes, move towards them and the battroid or gerwalk will pick them up. Carry them over to the highlighted green space and press square to let go the box to deliver them.

I personally find that level hard as well as I think you have to send all 3 boxes to the designated spot before the level ends. Usually Gigil runs away , or the Fz-109A's mess up my targetting of the containers thus me unable to pick them up on time. I'm guessing to get that S Rank, you have to move all the boxe AND kill Gigil as fast as possible.

I really don't understand how some of you guys have gotten through the game so quickly?

Do you not have jobs, wives, kids, families, not need to sleep, not need to eat, not need to take potty breaks etc?

I picked my copy up on Thursday, but because of commitments to work, family and friends, I've only had a grand total of about 3 hours to devote to the game so far in the last two and a half days!

Does my time management really suck, or do you guys just live for gaming at the exclusion of all else?

Sometimes when I read on the forums about the amount of anime some of you guys have time to watch or the amount of gaming you do, I think that either a) I've forgotten what it was like to be young, free and single or b) you guys all live in a parallel dimesion where there are 48 hours in a day.

Graham - very jealous and feeling like the old, middle aged, married fart I am.

Oh sure, just blame OUR social lives for YOUR lack of skill. Just because I don't like people means there's something wrong with me....

Anyways, like previously stated, if you enjoy games as opposed to other forms of entertainment then you can easily beat games. It's not unusual for me to beat a game in 3 days, not necessarily beat every difficulty or get all gold ranks etc. Games are not made as difficult as they used to be, but they can be difficult due to poor controls and design. You can feel it and it kills your desire to go deeper into the game.

And where are you guys getting the idea there will be a sequel? How many Macross-only games have had another edition? One from my memory.

And where are you guys getting the idea there will be a sequel? How many Macross-only games have had another edition? One from my memory.

From the game's pedigree. The engine for this game has already been used in four Gundam games on the PSP. Even if Macross isn't as popular as Gundam, I expect more of both Gundam AND Macross from them.

Okay, so what does pressing down on the thumbstick do when at the hangar mission select? I can't figure out how to get the "era" lock turned off so I can use the fighters from any era. Thanks for any help in advance.

For starters, you can't use VFs from any era until you finish all four eras. Afterward, you can replay any mission with any VF, or if you later start a new campaign all but the starting mecha will be locked, but the era restriction won't be, and all your tuning will carry over.

What pushing down on the analog nub will do is show you what your best rank is on a particular mission with the fighter you've currently selected. That is, if you've finished a lot of missions with the VF-25F, then you switch to the VF-25S, when you press down on the analog stick you'll see all your mission ranks disappear.

2nd night, and still no english speakers on xlinkkai that is playing macross ace frontier. I counted at least 3 rooms but they were japanese i think. I saw their replies as gibberish so i figured they wanted to play amongst friends.

For starters, you can't use VFs from any era until you finish all four eras. Afterward, you can replay any mission with any VF, or if you later start a new campaign all but the starting mecha will be locked, but the era restriction won't be, and all your tuning will carry over.

What pushing down on the analog nub will do is show you what your best rank is on a particular mission with the fighter you've currently selected. That is, if you've finished a lot of missions with the VF-25F, then you switch to the VF-25S, when you press down on the analog stick you'll see all your mission ranks disappear.

How about selecting different era pilots? could i use Hikaru in a VF-25?

Weird...Do you have to play the "enemy" missions too to release the era limiter? I have beaten all four normal era's and some EX missions and I still can only select VF's from their respective era's. Maybe when I beat each I should have saved over the file's when it asked me to save instead of saving each into a new slot on the memory card???

Edited by protostar8

How about selecting different era pilots? could i use Hikaru in a VF-25?

Yes you can. Only limits are Basara , Mylene, Zentran Klan, Vajra and the other boss characters like Vwritai, Gigil, Bodolza etc are tied to their respective craft.

Weird...Do you have to play the "enemy" missions too to release the era limiter? I have beaten all four normal era's and some EX missions and I still can only select VF's from their respective era's. Maybe when I beat each I should have saved over the file's when it asked me to save instead of saving each into a new slot on the memory card???

Probably not. But you have to finish the silly training missions. That's what i was missing when I tried to get it. As for the save files i'm not sure....i think they are just replay files?

Ahh that's just great news, thankyou Wolfx. Will be great to keep our hero's alive and well using some badass new tech!

So is like Max like the best ever character/pilot to choose like we all think he should be? Or are they all evened out (Max should be king).

Frankly i dun see how the pilots change anything noticeable. :lol: Their stats vary where some of their stats are higher than others. I been using my own pilot during campaign mode that almost all her stats are maxed at 99 beating even the genius Max. :lol:

Btw not sure if its canon, but the VF-171's battroid head can be seen under the fighter mode's fuselage...which strikes me as kinda odd. :blink:

Ahh that's just great news, thankyou Wolfx. Will be great to keep our hero's alive and well using some badass new tech!

So is like Max like the best ever character/pilot to choose like we all think he should be? Or are they all evened out (Max should be king).

Well, if you get any version of Max, one of the skills he comes with is TIME STOPPING. And you don't acquire that skill for any other characters until near-completion of the game.

Time Stopping... is that like the futurama episode where Fry like drinks 100 or more assorted coffees, and he's like moving around normal pace whilst everyone is forzen? :p ooo there's a thought, Max maxed out on coffee.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Own pilot?! Sweet! so you can have male or female, are they like blank shadows or can you choose from a few different faces? that's excellent!

Yep you can choose either male or female, with 2 looks for each gender.

Yes you can. Only limits are Basara , Mylene, Zentran Klan, Vajra and the other boss characters like Vwritai, Gigil, Bodolza etc are tied to their respective craft.

Probably not. But you have to finish the silly training missions. That's what i was missing when I tried to get it. As for the save files i'm not sure....i think they are just replay files?

Okay. I haven't finished the training missions yet. I bet that's it...

Edit: That wasn't it...I guess I'll try the enemies missions when I have time and see if that is the problem...

Edited by protostar8

Finally got the game yesterday! Took me a while to get used to the controls. I find myself liking config B more than config A after fiddling about. Thanks for the translations Sorata! And to wolfx for the game nitty gritty ;)

Edited by carzooyah

That'd be nice, but don't count on it. Before this developer did Ace Frontier, they did four Gundam Battle games for the PSP that never saw a PS2 release.

Well... Even Dinasty Warriors Gundam for the PS3 got a PS2 port (with more units and characters) after being a commercial success in Japan... So I hope I see a PS2 version soon. I have to wait for saving enough for a PSP anyway, hehe...

^_^

ruskii: The skill works exactly like that.

Brilliant, that's going to be fun.

Yep you can choose either male or female, with 2 looks for each gender.

Sweet.

This thread has a lack of pics, anyone want to share some good screenies?

Gonna be another 2 weeks before i get my PSP 3 k. MAF should be half way here though...

@ ruskii

You get to choose your operator too, 2 females and one male. Theres also a triangle and heart meter showing love(different genders)/confidence(same gender) though I dont know how it affects the game/what it does at the moment.

Edited by adrianop

@ ruskii

You get to choose your operator too, 2 females and one male. Theres also a triangle and heart meter showing love(different genders)/confidence(same gender) though I dont know how it affects the game/what it does at the moment.

Thanks for the info adrianop, much appreciated!

Yeha i know of the relationship triangle thing, i'm sure it does "something", over the next month hopefully we will have some pro's figure out

it's useage. Glad we can choose operators as well! :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

How did you do that? I'm stuck on the third wave of vajira in that stage.

What the? HOW? @_@

l33t Skills. ^_^

Well my tips...the 1s two waves are easy as pie and you should not get any damage. The 3rd wave is what usually kills ppl cuz the missiles are unbelivably accurate. Target the large bajura ASAP and hit them quick and fast. The large bajura are the ones that launch the missiles. There's 3 of them coming from opposite directions so dodging missiles are extra hard. Boost, fly around and use a combination of Missile R and Sniper rifle as you close in on them. Occasionally use a SP attack and hope they hit. Use SP attack to clear missiles too since you become invul during the SP attack. Beware of their beam cannon. They tend to activate their SP attack when they are half life or less.

After the 3rd wave, Brera appears. Brera is easy. Just avoid the missiles!

@ ruskii

I no idea what does "Select + down" on the dpad do or what the relationship does.