Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

With Xlink Kai, it can be :) But it may be possible. Armored Core FF for the psp only lets you go head to head locally too, but you customize the colors on the cores limited only by your imagination (and fashion sense)

True, but I doubt that this team is considering modders when they design the game. And from what I can recall, the Gundam Battle games don't have color change options like that. Armored Core has always had a color change thing.

Looks like it plays exactly like Gundam Battle Tactics, etc... I was doubting it would play like SDF Macross for PS2, but wished it did (looking for more of a flight sim/arcade flying). But I'm sure it'll play fine since I am used to the Gundam games on PSP.

While the game looks fun, I'm still very worried that the flying part of the game will suck. I think it's gonna be very similar to the flying in the Gundam Battle series and that will stink. Hopefully they put a lot of effort into the flight portion.

Can't say I could possibly disagree more. The Gundam Battle series games are great, and I'm excited to play a game that'd be a Macross version of the same. It's very difficult to make a game that can cater to all three modes, especially when you can change on the fly. And a glorified flight-sim doesn't do Macross justice.

With the Gundam battles, the buildings were solid right? so you think we will be able to cruise down between the sky scrapers and hide it out and look all kewl an such? :lol:

I've used buildings for cover in the Gundam games plenty. But they collapse if they get hit too much.

Awesome!!! :D That's good that they collapse, realism. :D

They look too generic though. Looks just like blocks sticking out of the ground. It got me thinking though...GTA: Macross, a massively open world that models all of the things that are shown in all Macross series. You can do missions with different characters and other GTA stuff. Like you can start fighting in say Island 1 of Frontier and go into space and then do a reentry on a near by planet or launch into orbit/ space from Eden and fold your way to Earth. So many possibilities. Lol.

Kinda like a Privateer game, where you can customize your own valk, be either for or against the UN Spacy (anti-UN or even Zentran/Meltran/Marduk etc.) and can cruise all over various worlds, Have the abilty of an internal fold, even use it in combat (i'm dreaming of valks more high tech than mac F's) and yeah, nice! But if only someone with a company to develop such a game would dream.

Now that would be cool they could use the likes of freelancer to do such things. There is an already massive on line modding scene for this game. its totally skin-able and fairly well open ended. There are already total Starwars and Star Trek conversions done

It's going to be released in North America right? Not just Japan?

Just Japan. Namco-Bandai hasn't even released any of the Gundam Battle games in the States yet, and Macross games never make it over here.

It's be really cool if any pilot could hop in any mech/fighter.

In the pic of the monster in the hanger, it kinda looks like kakizaki as the pilot detail, but maybe not. Imagine that. :lol: Kaki in a Monster. :lol::ohttp://b.bngi-channel.jp/psp_macross/mechanic.html

All the talk about wether fighter mode will be good or not, all i hope is that it's a quick sure way to avoid/out-run missiles, and you can fly WAY low to the ground.

Wonder if one valk would be faster than another? Would they think to include that? Like YF-21 should be twice or maybe thrice the speed of the norm VF-1.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

It's be really cool if any pilot could hop in any mech/fighter.

In the pic of the monster in the hanger, it kinda looks like kakizaki as the pilot detail, but maybe not. Imagine that. :lol: Kaki in a Monster. :lol::ohttp://b.bngi-channel.jp/psp_macross/mechanic.html

All the talk about wether fighter mode will be good or not, all i hope is that it's a quick sure way to avoid/out-run missiles, and you can fly WAY low to the ground.

Wonder if one valk would be faster than another? Would they think to include that? Like YF-21 should be twice or maybe thrice the speed of the norm VF-1.

Well, the Gundam Battle games have a definite difference in stats for certain things, so making some fighters faster is reasonable.

The missiles look great in this game too.

I've used buildings for cover in the Gundam games plenty. But they collapse if they get hit too much.

But the hill and valleys got some bug (eg, Jaburo), if I'm using sniper type SP attack, I can kill the poor MS hiding behind it.

Can we make custom color for the VF in Ace Frontier?

Doesn't look like the game has Macross Zero mecha. :(

Some of the magazine scans have already shown pics of the SV-51 in Nora and cannon fodder colors (IIRC). If you wanna read back through all the posts, the pics should still be there somewhere.

Graham

It will play very similar to the PSP Gundam games, so the flight will NOT be like a simulator (aka PS2 SDF Macross). Essentially the Gundam engine with Macross slapped on to it. Flying is very generic in these games (especially when experiencing it in a Gundam PSP game w/ a variable Gundam). I am sure the on foot battling will be nice though.

it's now up for preorder at NCSX.

Judging from the trailor & pics shown so far, I think the flight may be fixed, at least be better than it is in the Gundam games. Shots of fighter's seem to be a lot closer than shots of MA's/Wave Riders in the GB games. Though to be fair, all they really need to do is open the stage boundries.