Yamato 1/48 Fast Packs

Draykov

I know this topic might be redundant, but darn if I can't find any of the posts/pics that I've seen before. I've heard of problems with the arm armor and the gunpod tabs. Has everyone with fastpacks had this problem? I've got a few sets myself, but I just haven't had the time to break them out and put them on my Valks.

Edited by Draykov

I've had no problems at all with my set. The arm armor stays attached just fine.

Mine stay on fine, but both sides are unable to clamp down securely as one side always has a tendency to want to pop off. I suppose this is either a blessing in disguise or something implemented on purpose, because it's happened on all 5 of my 1/48's now, and it let's me remove the armor a lot easier whenever I want to.

No problems here. The right booster's metal attachment thing seems like it might be almost too big... out of clearance or something (it's really tight) but fit is pretty good. :) Don't get me started on Yamato's locking mechanism for the arms for the 1/48, though... the FP just exasperate the situation. <_

Edited by Uxi

My only problem is that my Roy Strike battroid is so top heavy I can't give him a creative pose, so he just stands intimidating against the wall.

No problems here, really, aside that the micro missles don't want to fit in well. I've left them on the plastic thing until I work out a way to fit them in better. Not a problem as far as I'm concerned, as long as I keep the panels on the missle racks. I had some troubles getting Roy's armour on, but that was because I was half asleep and trying to put the left leg armour on the right leg and things like that.

I've even get my Roy Strike in a tres bad-ass pose on top of my computer desk. I'll take a picture either this morning when I get home from work, or tomorrow night after my short shift.

I've also had little to no problems with the 1/48ths in general. Roy has a zit, that's the worst problem I've had.

One Big Problem with mine....is that i havent received mine yet, shucks!! :(:angry::huh::blink::unsure:

Whats taking the 2nd consignment to arrive to singapore?

The retailers sure screwed up by missing the first consignment! Lets pray that this time that there would be no problems and at a reasonable price.

Cheers

One Big Problem with mine....is that i havent received mine yet, shucks!! :(:angry::huh::blink::unsure:

Whats taking the 2nd consignment to arrive to singapore?

The retailers sure screwed up by missing the first consignment! Lets pray that this time that there would be no problems and at a reasonable price.

Cheers

i won't know my problems till i receive them.... <_<

it's thursday.......c'mon singapore!!!!!!!

The Strike Cannon (Mauler) satys in quite snug to the rest of the boosters, the missile pods on the other hand... come off easily when transforming.

Also, the loose micromissiles and RMS Missiles, but nothing a little fun tack or model glue can't fix :D .

But regardless, they are still WAY better then the crappy Fast Packs by Toynami.

1) the single micro missles won't stay in place, but the double micro missles stay in place just fine.

2) I can not get the arms to lock in place in fighter mode with the armor on, they keep sagging down and making the gunpod's sensor touch the ground.

3) the RMS-1's fall off the pylons and the twin missle racks very easily.

I just got my 2 sets, courtesy of the almighty Kevin at the Valkyrie Exchange. My only points of concern are just the previously mentioned: super tight booster pods, and RMS missiles that are way too loose, although it does make it easier to take them on and off. The original missile clusters were so tight on my wings that I broke two of them just trying to place and remove them.....

I do have two questions about the FAST Packs myself:

1) How well do the covers on the boosters/missile pod themselves stay on? Is there a set of latches that hold them on when the Valk is standing up/engaged in heavy dogfighting (you can see what my Hikaru is going to be doing :) )? Or do they fall off at a whim like the nosecones on the early 1/48s were reputed to do?

2) How detailed and easy-to-follow are the instructions for attaching the armor?

I've got a problem, not exactly a FP issue, but it's related. When I place my FP on the back of the robot in the Battroid mode, it keeps flopping down due to the weight. I wonder how you guys manage to keep the backpack stay upright with the FPs. I know that there's a little latch on the panel on the back that can fold outwards so it can latch on to the backpack to prevent it from falling.. however, it does no good because the back panel itself is loose as hell. Is there something I may have left out in the transformation?

I've got a problem, not exactly a FP issue, but it's related. When I place my FP on the back of the robot in the Battroid mode, it keeps flopping down due to the weight. I wonder how you guys manage to keep the backpack stay upright with the FPs. I know that there's a little latch on the panel on the back that can fold outwards so it can latch on to the backpack to prevent it from falling.. however, it does no good because the back panel itself is loose as hell. Is there something I may have left out in the transformation?

hope this helps. there's an extra piece in the FPs which fits in between the head and the back panel. also make sure the back panel is pushed in pass the two tabs on the fighter. refer to the picture. i never knew that i had to push it in further until someone posted a picture of it.

post-4-1067822007_thumb.jpg

I do have two questions about the FAST Packs myself:

1) How well do the covers on the boosters/missile pod themselves stay on? Is there a set of latches that hold them on when the Valk is standing up/engaged in heavy dogfighting (you can see what my Hikaru is going to be doing :) )? Or do they fall off at a whim like the nosecones on the early 1/48s were reputed to do?

2) How detailed and easy-to-follow are the instructions for attaching the armor?

1) i think you'll find different answers to the first one. for me, they seem to hold pretty well and i have 2 FPs. The front missile portion is held together with the main booster by 4 tabs which seem to be pretty solid. not so hard to fall off, take off or push in.

2) instructions are pretty much like the instructions for the 1/48 valks...straight forward. I don't think you would have any problems.

the only minor problems as you might've already read is that the rms missles tend to fall off easily and the micro missiles seem to pop out easily. i haven't experienced the micro missile issue cause i'm too lazy to cut them off the sprues. the other minor problem i have is that the arm armor is pretty snug when it snaps onto the arm. very nice looking. but when you try to take them off, gets a little scary for me cause you have to bend the tab a little to release them. other than that, the FPs are pretty cool. :D

arg as im putting the stickers on the fp i found that my left boost (the one oppsit of the strike cannon side) has some bad pitting on the bottom of the booster and the a small but noticable pit on the nozzle. the big one on the bottom looks like when it was soft someone pressed his thumbnail on it. shame i can post a pic of it since my friend borrowed my camera while hes on vaction.

Everything is working fine.. no stand problems, not missle problems, no sticker problems. Work fine. Love it till the end. Impress what yamato has to offer next. Hope Macross Zero will turn out even better and BIGGER ....hahaa..

post-4-1067891385_thumb.jpg