Macross 7 Remastered w/ Subs

That's great effort you put together to make DVD subtitles for those dvdisos.

How did you take the screenshots? What software did you use?

The software is WinSnap

Ah, sorry i wasn't able to get to ripping them properly. I was trying to correct the errors in them as well. Namely the horrid name problems. Is it too late to do any correcting?

Not really, the problem will be the timing maybe. If you wish I can send you the merged script for the first 4 episodes

My only concern now, is to know who has the DVD's downloaded as well, So we could get some feedback

EDIT:

here's the first patch I made yesterday, feel free to use it and make comments

http://rapidshare.com/files/159208531/M7R_DVD1_eng_patch.exe

Edited by Xeros

The software is WinSnap

Not really, the problem will be the timing maybe. If you wish I can send you the merged script for the first 4 episodes

My only concern now, is to know who has the DVD's downloaded as well, So we could get some feedback

Timing shouldn't be much of an issue if I merely edit grammer and names. Though in the rare case that I know there's a bigger problem, then maybe. I don't know much Japanese, so it shouldn't be too big a concern.

I'd just started ripping them myself too.

• 2 weeks later...
In case anyone missed, VIP just released a batch with eps 1-20. That's 4 new episodes since their last release.

This is great news, thanks for the update! I'm always worried that they are dropping the project...since I don't know where they release any "news."

This is great news, thanks for the update! I'm always worried that they are dropping the project...since I don't know where they release any "news."

I just checked out the torrent, and I wanted to add that many of the episodes have been updated, so it may pay to download them again. Many of them are noted as "Version 2" or even "Version 3."

Well

Now I'm demuxing the DVD 2 to make the second subtitles patch.

Nevertheless, I like to know if the new versions of the VIP subs has big changes. If that is the case I'll have to look for these scripts instad of those I already have

• 2 weeks later...

Xeros,

I was wondering, how does your patch work? I've just downloaded it and I have a question before I run it. I started this project where I'm trying to reauthor the R2 DVDs to have native English subs. For me, it is a process of sub creation with MaestroSBT, demuxing, muxing, VOB Blanker, etc. This involves a lot of HDD space...

I guess this is what you're doing at home, and this patch just directly alters the ISO? If that's the case, that's awesome...I'm wondering if there is something you can direct me to to learn about this method....

Well

Now I'm demuxing the DVD 2 to make the second subtitles patch.

Nevertheless, I like to know if the new versions of the VIP subs has big changes. If that is the case I'll have to look for these scripts instad of those I already have

I nice feature of the batch torrent for VIP 1-20 if you haven't noticed, is that you can just download a rar file for all the subs that they've used. You don't have to extract them from the mkvs.

Xeros,

I was wondering, how does your patch work? I've just downloaded it and I have a question before I run it. I started this project where I'm trying to reauthor the R2 DVDs to have native English subs. For me, it is a process of sub creation with MaestroSBT, demuxing, muxing, VOB Blanker, etc. This involves a lot of HDD space...

I guess this is what you're doing at home, and this patch just directly alters the ISO? If that's the case, that's awesome...I'm wondering if there is something you can direct me to to learn about this method....

that's the way, I'm reauthoring the DVD's

The patch file creates a new iso with the modifications, the patch software works making a binary comparison between the original and the reauthored DVD (that's why I put the torrent url in the readme) so make a new iso file could it be a safe measure in case of errors.

if you want a guide, look in the DYRL thread for the reauthoring

to make the patch, it's simple so give me a minute to PM you

I just wanted to note that Xeros' patch worked like a charm for the DVD #1 ISO. It is really awesome to have such a good copy of M7 with sensible subs on DVD.

An advantage to this over the mkvs is compatibility and better upscaling on home player devices.

The subs for dialogue were white and the "top titles" for music were yellow...I used DVDSubEdit.exe to change the dialogue to yellow and the music to light green (just my personal preference). All I had to do was change the CLUT, so changing that was a snap as well.

Anyway, the patch was awesome and showed how this will make an invaluable part of my collection.

Edited by OptimusX

On mininova there is a torrent called [DVDISO] MACROSS 7 REMASTER BOX. This has 16 ISOs of Dual Layer DVDs for Macross 7. Xeros released a patch that updates the ISO for DVD#1 to have subtitles.

I am currently downloading DVD#4 and will see if I can make a patch myself. Last I heard, Xeros is making a patch for DVD#2.

Boinger has the first patch available on his imacross website, follow the link in his sig!

Would this mean that more remastereed M7 ISO patches will be made available?

Please?

Would this mean that more remastereed M7 ISO patches will be made available?

Please?

Of course.

Unfortunately I have lots of meetings at my work's headquarters these days so I can't finish the check of the final script, that is the longest phase after merging the scripts of 4 episodes (5-8)

• 2 weeks later...

Good News

I'm finishing the DVD 2 right now, so I expect to make a QA watch and upload the patch

BTW, can anyone upload the subtittles in ASS(or whatever)???

I have from 1 to 20 an i need the rest

PLEASE

I don't even have them, because the last update was only up to episode 20 so far

Seriously, watching this is like watching Macross 7 again for the first time (helps that I haven't watched the whole thing in 5 or 6 years). I'm pleasantly surprised at how good the art is, for some reason I don't remember it being this nice.

• 3 weeks later...
Hell, I first watched M7 on crappy low res RM files. I'm watching these new files and am amazed at the detail in M7... even in the looped recycled animation I marvel at the panel lines. :p

Ya I remeber watching M7 on VHS fans sub tapes back in 98..brutal

The remastered version looks really good. And like you said, even the recycled scenes lol