Macross 7 Remastered w/ Subs

The file format is FAT32, does it need to be NTFS? It's an external HD.

Yup. Fat32's max filesize is 2GB (or was it 4?), well anyways, pretty much if you have a single file that's over the filesize limit, it's not gonna fit in there.

You gotta reformat your external there to NTFS.

Also, this thread is made of win and awesome.

Edited by shiroikaze

Thanks guys for your help. What's sad is that I used to know this stuff years ago when I was in the IT field. Should've been able to diagnose that one. But thanks for the help. The drive is formatting now, and I should be downloading this set in no time.

Onto another question, does the iso downloads have the DVD menus to go along with the everything else?

Is there any specific software I need to burn these to DVD to watch them on that version media? The files are larger than the standard DVD+r, and for some reason, my DVD+rDLs won't work on burning it. Any suggestions?

To burn the dvd you must first rebuild them to make them fit into a DVD-5

on ADC there is a soft for that task

ADC? Is that the software, or a website? Do you have the link for the software? BTW, thanks for your help with this, Xeros. I appreciate it. :)

I don't know which ADC is but there is another program that I know that shrinks DVD-9 to DVD-5:

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what_en.php

That, or you can burn on DVD-9...

DVD shrink won't shrink iso files, and for some reason, my computer will not burn my DVD-9 disc that I have. Unless I'm missing a process. Basically, I've selected Burn image on my burner software, select the iso file, then select the output to the DVD+rDL. Then it tries to burn it for about a minute, then gives me a failure. On another program I have, it doesn't even recognize the DVD-9 size, although that is what I put in the drive. My only option is to shrink the iso first, then burn on a DVD-5. Unless I'm missing something.

DVD shrink won't shrink iso files, and for some reason, my computer will not burn my DVD-9 disc that I have. Unless I'm missing a process. Basically, I've selected Burn image on my burner software, select the iso file, then select the output to the DVD+rDL. Then it tries to burn it for about a minute, then gives me a failure. On another program I have, it doesn't even recognize the DVD-9 size, although that is what I put in the drive. My only option is to shrink the iso first, then burn on a DVD-5. Unless I'm missing something.

What? DVDshrink will shrink ISOs. Just click "Open Disc Image", shrink it and back it up. If you can't do it from there, mount the ISO first with something like Daemon-Tools then shrink it.

hey xeros, i noticed theres no dvd patch for vol. 8 just jumps to 9... Is this available?

The DVD 8 has the first set of extras and some content is unstranslated yet, so I'm looking for the translations before try to do something

I've been looking through the net trying to find some hi-res pics of the DVD slip covers and DVD labels. By any chance, does anybody have those, or know where on the net they may be?

Very high quality laserdisc scans here: http://www.otakubell.com/LDs/index.php?/category/261

Hope that helps.

That helps a lot. I've just been looking for something to dress up these DVDs I made, so that I'm not fumbling through the tons of permanent marker labels I hand write on tons of stuff.

Say - does anyone know where to find the subs for the entire Macross 7 series/OAV/Movie ? I managed to find subs up to episode 32, but nothing after so any help would be appreciated.

-Sergorn

You could go to boxtorrents, they have a torrent for the entire thing.

Say - does anyone know where to find the subs for the entire Macross 7 series/OAV/Movie ? I managed to find subs up to episode 32, but nothing after so any help would be appreciated.

-Sergorn

http://rapidshare.com/files/203822680/macross7.rar

Those are the original scripts from Central Anime, but I know they are correcting them for the remastered version

Xeros, is there any update on DVD 8 and on? The subs we have for the remastered are from central anime? Does that mean that there will be updated subs to put on the DVDs 1-7?

Xeros, is there any update on DVD 8 and on? The subs we have for the remastered are from central anime? Does that mean that there will be updated subs to put on the DVDs 1-7?

No news for the DVD 8, we have to wait until we can find a proper translation.

Yes the subs came from central anime

We'll have updated versions, not for updated scripts but to correct some things like the flicker and missed characters, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
How hard would it be to drop these CA subs into the RAW remastered MKVs I found? I'm in the process of grabbing the VIP 1-32 ones, and found RAWs for 33-49 remastered, with these SSAs can I just merge them in?

I don't see why that would be a problem, it is worth a try.