Macross 7 Remastered w/ Subs

I've been collecting the Macross 7 Remastered episodes with Central Anime's subs...so far they have gone up to 14. This group, [VIP], do they have a website or anything? I just have no idea who is doing it, and if there is a source for news on their efforts I'd like to know where to go...and a place to voice my appreciation for getting this kind of work started!

I still have all the PsychoKorps scripts I got from way back in the day. Always intended to do a resub on the DVD boots I got a few years back, but never got around to it.... Would be great to find someone else who has done it for me. How are the CentralAnime subs?

I still have all the PsychoKorps scripts I got from way back in the day. Always intended to do a resub on the DVD boots I got a few years back, but never got around to it.... Would be great to find someone else who has done it for me. How are the CentralAnime subs?

Are those scripts already timed in .SRT format or similar? In that case I would like to check if they work together with [TV-Japan]'s RAW release of the series.

Are those scripts already timed in .SRT format or similar? In that case I would like to check if they work together with [TV-Japan]'s RAW release of the series.

PsychoKorps' translation of the lyrics is available in ASCII format without any timings. I was playing around with updating the lyrics myself, keeping Central Anime's subtitles for everything else in Macross 7. I am not churning these out like the VIP group, however, and I found that some of the ship names are hard to cross reference -- even with on-line resources. Is VIP correcting errors in the original subtitle scripts with this Central Anime re-release? That would be choice, if true.

It's good to know that a group is out there managing the latest release of this series.

I think I've found the VIP remastered episodes but they are still only 720x480. Whats the point in doing a low-rez rip of a "remastered" DVD?

EDIT Okay the above images look good compared to the old downloads, but still....

Edited by DestroidDefender

Um, "remastering" has zilch to do with the resolution. The set was released on DVD only, which is 720x480. Hence, these are 1:1, not "low-rez". To release it any higher would be nothing more than pointless upscaling. No resolution would actually be gained by such, just a needlessly inflated filesize.

Do some research before making asinine remarks like that, please. Even Wikipedia would tell you this. Nothing personal. ^_-.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

I think I've found the VIP remastered episodes but they are still only 720x480. Whats the point in doing a low-rez rip of a "remastered" DVD?

EDIT Okay the above images look good compared to the old downloads, but still....

Man, some people are really hard to please :p . They look fantastic on my monitor, nothing compared to what we've seen so far (short of buying the original dvds, of course). I'mr eally glad VIP are doing this.

Do some research before making asinine remarks like that, please. Even Wikipedia would tell you this.^_-.

Yeah, you're right. I should know that. I guess you schooled me, there big man. DVDs only have 720x480 resolution.

Asinine? That's a bit harsh. Things are pretty friendly here usually. Oh this is a MACROSS 7 thread...never mind. :p

VIP appears to be a straight rip; complete with non-canon spelling (Miria, Linn Minmei, etc.)

Part of me is considering fixing them up prior to burning.

That I didn't know, I haven't watched more than one episode of Central's release. But at least VIP is soft subbed so it should be easy to change those.

Yeah, you're right. I should know that. I guess you schooled me, there big man. DVDs only have 720x480 resolution.

Asinine? That's a bit harsh. Things are pretty friendly here usually. Oh this is a MACROSS 7 thread...never mind. :p

Hardly. It simply means "foolish", along the lines of "something foolish uttered by someone intelligent." Harsh would've been calling you names. ^_^ How can you call saying a 720x480 rip of a DVD "low rez" anything but "asinine"? Is "uninformed" better? ;)

I've seen harsher things here than that anyway. like in the old Star Wars thread... or some M7 threads. :lol: I've barely watched this thing yet.

I'm just saying to do your homework before saying something erroneously so matter-of-factly. I'm hardly trying to be a "big man", but it did irk me a bit. Like I said, it was directed at the comment, nothing personal.

Sorry.

It's been awhile since I've seen the CA release, but the VIP definitely has non-canon names. I haven't worked on ripping in a while, but I can't remember if I can load a h.264 file into Virtual Dub Mod for the sub rip.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Teaser images from episode 1, hence uncorrected aspect ratio. I''ll post CA versions when I can.

Wow, those look FAR better than the ones I have. I might have to update my M7 collection...

Secondly, seeing the Macross7 in that rich and sharp of a picture REALLY makes the difference in size apparent between it and the Frontier.

*was gonna post a comparison, but can't find a good pic of Frontier right now...

Accepted MM. I was probably thinking the captures were from HDTV or BD. Obviously there is no HD version of M7 (though I read the first BD Macross Frontier disk is available now).

While corrected subs with consistent names would be nice I can't see subbers taking the time to redo the 50+ episodes.

I could live with the old subs attached to the remastered video/audio.

The challenge now seems to be a lack of seeds for the remastered/old-subbed M7.

It's been awhile since I've seen the CA release, but the VIP definitely has non-canon names. I haven't worked on ripping in a while, but I can't remember if I can load a h.264 file into Virtual Dub Mod for the sub rip.

I'm not sure if you can.

You may be able to get the subs, but the video file won't be recognized if I recall correctly. Since development on it ended in 2003...

Edited by Zinjo

LOL, I saw this thread go for days without replies. I'm glad to see that there is some interest. Although I had a big "WTF?" impression after only the first episode, I gave it a chance and eventually enjoyed it for what it was. It is not at all what I want in a Macross series, period, but I would like to have a HQ release as part of my collection.

Anyway, I hope this remastered series sees a complete release....all I have are second generation VHS fansubs!

Obviously there is no HD version of M7 (though I read the first BD Macross Frontier disk is available now).

Eh? Where's this? It would be Region A.... please tell me it was English subtitles...

• 2 weeks later...

Now I have 11 of 16 DVD downloaded

It`s time to start de subs patches and the only subs files that I found are in spanish (no problem to me because is my native languaje) on macrossshare. But my intention is to generate patches for anyone interested.

If someone has downloaded the VIP versions, could extract the subtitles and send them to me to add them?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, now I finished the downloading of the 16 DVD and have the free time to start..

I have the ass files for the first 17 episodes thanks to VIP who send them to me, which are enough to do 4 DVD and after a little of checking I'm gonna drop the spanish subs (I almost faint when I see Sterling instead of Jenius xD)

Now I'll encode an avi to check the merged subs file for the first DVD

I'm look forward to seeing how everyone's efforts are going. Has anyone found out if VIP has a website? They haven't released in over a month...which I know is normal for summer, but it would be cool to be able to hear news of them.

DVD 1 is ready

Tomorrow I'll have the patch done, I hope xD

Some Screenshots attached

And you have no idea how much I've been waiting for someone to come out with something like this. I tried to watch Macross 7 at least twice before, but I could never get far with the ASS releases on the old days - I couldn't live with those subtitles. To have it now, remastered, with a proper sub job... well, a la tercera la vencida. Third time's the charm, and I plan to watch it to the end, even if it hurts. Thanks a lot, Xeros, en serio, muchas gracias.