Newbie Questions on Macross

Maybe it's voice activated, like a super robot show! GAMLIN KICK! Let the lame flow through me :):lol:

I noticed the "lame" found little resistence there... :p

Perhaps push of a button on the stick or throttle...

On this subject I've noticed that when using the throttle stick transformation method in the VF-25 (and the VF-0 for that matter), while it is 90 degrees for fighter and straight up for battroid, it isn't 45 degrees for gerwalk like you'd think. It is still just at 90. So I'm wondering what do they do to go to gerwalk instead of fighter?

It is possible that a 45 degree angle change and then back down initiates GERWALK and a full 90 degree angle change initiates the full battroid or possibly a simple toggle button on the HOTAS stick. Since all the pilot is doing is a partial transformation.

Keep in mind the initial Valks had sliders to initiate transformation not integrated HOTAS sticks.

I noticed the "lame" found little resistence there... :p

It is possible that a 45 degree angle change and then back down initiates GERWALK and a full 90 degree angle change initiates the full battroid or possibly a simple toggle button on the HOTAS stick. Since all the pilot is doing is a partial transformation.

Keep in mind the initial Valks had sliders to initiate transformation not integrated HOTAS sticks.

I know the VF-1 had sliders but the VF-0 had that throttle stick method of transforming. Regardless I think your idea of flipping it up and back down could be possible. They'd need to do the same to return to fighter. As for battroid you need it in an upright position for that control method so that explains why it stays up unlike in the other modes. However a button toggle works just as well.

MD7 episode 3. When Liza jumps into the VF-17, she jerks the throttle up (like every other VF) and it changes to GERWALK.

I bow to you :)

Seriously, very nicely done azrael. Guess that solves the mystery.

Perhaps push of a button on the stick or throttle...

On this subject I've noticed that when using the throttle stick transformation method in the VF-25 (and the VF-0 for that matter), while it is 90 degrees for fighter and straight up for battroid, it isn't 45 degrees for gerwalk like you'd think. It is still just at 90. So I'm wondering what do they do to go to gerwalk instead of fighter?

I've often wondered the same as in DYRL the side stick seems to more or less deploy the legs, opening combat sequence, and when Hik and Misa are wondering around earth the side stick stays up. The only controls that plus show cased on the 19 were the view screen and the pedals.

In episode 1, when Alto jacks into the VF-25, the left hand "stick" for his EX-Gear flips down to become the throttle, in the enxt episode, we see Ozma flip his throttle down to transform out of Battroid mode into Gerwalk.

Based on this, my theory is that (at least for the 25) a quick flip and back to horizontal transforms the fighter into gerwalk mode, holding the throttle in vertical initiates transformation into battroid.

Edited by d3v

In episode 1, when Alto jacks into the VF-25, the left hand "stick" for his EX-Gear flips down to become the throttle, in the enxt episode, we see Ozma flip his throttle down to transform out of Battroid mode into Gerwalk.

Based on this, my theory is that (at least for the 25) a quick flip and back to horizontal transforms the fighter into gerwalk mode, holding the throttle in vertical initiates transformation into battroid.

Maybe the throttle flip is for GERWALK and depending on the button or toggle pushed the fighter transforms to fighter or battroid?

For the whole fighter to Gerwalk thing what if the throttle moves to the left with a push so that the angle doesn't change, that in turn would unlock the throttle to allow it to be pulled up for the change to battroid. There is nothing like this having been shown I know but left and right movement would not have to be a large amount. Anyway just a thought.

post-8427-1215636949_thumb.jpgThis might help with the VF-17 controls discussion Here is a picture from Macross Design works, it looks like some of the text talks about how the controls work, but I have no idea what it really says. I like the look of the thumbwheel on the throttle, I could see that as a transformation lever.

post-8427-1215636949_thumb.jpgThis might help with the VF-17 controls discussion Here is a picture from Macross Design works, it looks like some of the text talks about how the controls work, but I have no idea what it really says. I like the look of the thumbwheel on the throttle, I could see that as a transformation lever.

Those images were already posted earlier.

Also, Dynamite 7 shows us that the VF-17 uses the traditional flip-throttle to transform.

Those images were already posted earlier.

Also, Dynamite 7 shows us that the VF-17 uses the traditional flip-throttle to transform.

Talking about FCS and cockpit, I don't recall we ever seeing the cockpit and FCS of VB-6 right? I need to check Kawamori and Miyatake Design Book tonight.

IMO, Macross need more BOMBER!

Not Basara BOMBER, but real bomber plane like the menacing Starwing Bomber from Macross Plus.

Talking about FCS and cockpit, I don't recall we ever seeing the cockpit and FCS of VB-6 right? I need to check Kawamori and Miyatake Design Book tonight.

I remember we get brief glimpses of it (with Canaria) in episodes 6 and 7.

I'm pretty curious as to how its instrumentation is laid out. I recall that it's predecessor (the Destroid Monster) required 3 people (commander, driver & gunner?) to operate.

Edited by d3v

IMO, Macross need more BOMBER!

Not Basara BOMBER, but real bomber plane like the menacing Starwing Bomber from Macross Plus.

i'm with you on that one.

but between the rising missile counts on the valks, the artillery monsters, and the planetary bombardment capabilities of the ships, the niche for a tactical bomber is shrinking, making it unlikely.

but regardless what logic they come up with, i want 'em, and hopefully someone finally makes a toy or model out of it!

i'm with you on that one.

but between the rising missile counts on the valks, the artillery monsters, and the planetary bombardment capabilities of the ships, the niche for a tactical bomber is shrinking, making it unlikely.

but regardless what logic they come up with, i want 'em, and hopefully someone finally makes a toy or model out of it!

At this rate a bomber would probably have enough firepower to take out an entire fleet.

Speaking of which, isn't the Starwing technically a strategic bomber?

Was the Starwing capable of space travel or was it merely a bomber for planetary scale?

I would think the latter but I'm not sure...

~Bowen

I'd like to assume that it was capable of traveling in space (hence the name Starwing). Besides, it doesn't make sense to build a large strategic bomber then limit it's range by making it unable to fly in space.

Help! I've been racking my brain and searching like mad trying to find this... has it been revealed what "L.A.I." stands for?

No, it hasn't been revealed so stop racking your brain.

Someone once suggested Light Aircraft Industries which sounded good. However considering they also make fold boosters and Dimension eaters that name seems unfitting now.

Help! I've been racking my brain and searching like mad trying to find this... has it been revealed what "L.A.I." stands for?

Luca Angeloni Industries. yup, it's all him. don't believe that crap about the company being his parents' and all that. he created the dimension eater! he is trhe ultimate mastermind of it all. and all while wearing shorts. :p

Edited by dreamweaver13

Luca Angeloni Industries. yup, it's all him. don't believe that crap about the company being his parents' and all that. he created the dimension eater! he is trhe ultimate mastermind of it all. and all while wearing shorts. :p

He's also behind the Vajra, and is remote controlling Grace. You see, this is all an elaborate plot to win Nanase's affection. If it works, I think we can all agree that it was well worth the cost, effort, and sacrifices.

Edited by Radd

He's also behind the Vajra, and is remote controlling Grace. You see, this is all an elaborate plot to win Nanase's affection. If it works, I think we can all agree that it was well worth the cost, effort, and sacrifices.

A master plan like that DEMANDS more scarifices!

Luca: Ore wa ZERO!

I'm wondering, in Macross canon, does Gorg Bodolzaa-Class Mobile Fortress replaces Fulbtzs-Berrentzs Class Fleet Flagship as the flagship of Zentradi main fleet?

DYRL is metafiction in the Macross continuity. So I'll go that it is a Fulbtzs-Berrentzs class that attacked Earth.

The Boddole Zer class could be an entirely movie concept ship or a real Zentradi ship class.

Given that Chlore's fleet uses movie ships it is a likely scenario.

I have a feeling the producers bugged Exsedol for what the Zentradi and Meltrandi fortresses look like.

Gorg Bodolle Zer main fleet was a compromise fleet by the former warring factions of the Protoculture when the Protodevlin and their Supervision Army started kicking their asses.

At one point Zentradi and Meltrandi did fight each other when the Stellar Republic fell to civil war.

DYRL is metafiction in the Macross continuity. So I'll go that it is a Fulbtzs-Berrentzs class that attacked Earth.

The Boddole Zer class could be an entirely movie concept ship or a real Zentradi ship class.

Given that Chlore's fleet uses movie ships it is a likely scenario.

I have a feeling the producers bugged Exsedol for what the Zentradi and Meltrandi fortresses look like.

Gorg Bodolle Zer main fleet was a compromise fleet by the former warring factions of the Protoculture when the Protodevlin and their Supervision Army started kicking their asses.

At one point Zentradi and Meltrandi did fight each other when the Stellar Republic fell to civil war.

But DYRL the movie is suppsoedly not the the same DYRL that was shown in universe.

And if you look at certain things, there seems to be indication that SK and co. are liberally taking whatever elements they like from from both SDFM and DYRL and using them for later shows.

But DYRL the movie is suppsoedly not the the same DYRL that was shown in universe.

And if you look at certain things, there seems to be indication that SK and co. are liberally taking whatever elements they like from from both SDFM and DYRL and using them for later shows.

Say wha? :wacko:

Given that Emillia did have that movie Minmay poster and mentioned her parents took her to watch it then I'm willing to say that the DYRL we saw is the same DYRL in Macross 7.

Edited by RedWolf