Newbie Questions on Macross

An example of Deculture.

Totsugeki Love Heart!

Repeat Question: Oh yeah did the pilot in VFX get a name or am I to assume it was Aegis Focker too?

Aegis Focker is unique to VFX-2, I don't think the main char in VFX got a name, I think I better called him 'Blue Hair Dude' (Wing Commander reference...) :rolleyes:

Hey everyone,

I have been on this site since 2000 and never signed up until recently...cant wait to get to know everyone.

quick question, which Macross F fansub groups are the best for MKV files? I have a problem with the subtitles stacking on one another from Frontier episodes from gg. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks

Ja

Dogs? Hydra's are Cat-Birds native to Eden.

Eden even has Cow-Chickens. No doubt the Cow-Hippos are native there. :p

Oh, right, that weird thing.

I didn't know it was called that.

Ugly buggers, though seriously, why the name Hydra? I kept looking for a Snake or a thing with multiple heads!!

Has it ever been shown Meltrans using anything other then Qs?

Does Valkyries count? :rolleyes:

Three distinct Quadralunns has been shown so far. Quadraluun-Rau piloted by Millia and Chlore, Queadluun-Quilqua a custom by Emillia and the Quardraluun-Rea by the Pixies.

Though strangely enough Q-Reas are unisex. Then again Regults are walking death traps. I can see why NUNS phased them out.

Queadluun-Quilqua of Emilia Jenius has not been stated as a mass production model.

It is assumed to be a custom mecha much like Nekki Basara's VF-19 Kai "Fire Valkyrie".

In the 2030's Ray, Kinryu and Stephan of Pink Pecker squadron was ambushed by Zentradi Quadraluuns. I doubt it was Meltrans in those suits. Also in Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling Me , little Pedro identified Emilia's Queadluun-Quilqua as a Quadraluun-Rau. While this may be a misidentification on the kids part. It appears Quadraluuns are a popular Zentradi power suit.

In 2040 Isamu Dyson's Eagle Squadron fought rogue Zentrdi power suits sharing characteristics of both the Nousjadeul-Ger and Quadraluun.

there's something I don't quite understand, Sheryl was the project to try and ¿control? the Vajra with singing rigth?, but she was basicly ditched when Ranka was confirmed as the 'little queen' after episode 14-15, and Grace plan on Galia 4 was the destruction of the planet along with the Fairy of the Galaxy to trigger Frontier hatred toward the Vajra and so Grace/Galaxy and Leon using Ranka are continuing their original plan

BUT... here's my question, Grace appeared to had planned what would happen in Galia 4 and decided to kill off Sheryl BEFORE she knew of Ranka, so if Ranka had stayed in Galia 4 and be killed since she was second priority if not of Alto and Brera intervening, what would had been of Grace/Galaxy plan to 'control' the Vajra????????

Well Grace's original plan was to make Temjin's insurection work so he'll stumble on the Global pissing off the Vajra and through fold comm trail leading them to Macross Frontier.

Grace didn't count on Ranka coming. The Vajra reacting to Ranka's singing on Galia 4 merely cemented their suspicion on who she is.

The Dimension Eater was more of a back up plan. Likely if Temjin screwed up in her plan.

Besides Grace and Galaxy Anonymous does not want witnesses.

Only if you call it Frakhu Deculture :):lol:

Don't you mean Frakhu De Culcha? :rolleyes:

I'm just starting the prologue part. First the history of the New United Nations then the history of the Colonies of Kobol.

What's so fun about the concept is that the Colonials are their Greek pantheon religion while the Zentradi are giants.

You know giants as in Titans of Greek mythology. ^_^

Edited by RedWolf

question about overtechnology:

precisely what is covered under the scope of overtechnology?

More advanced processors?

Lasers?

Cold Fusion?

Gravity Control?

What exactly is overtechnology and where does it cross the threshold of what human ingenuity is capable of producing?

Or rather, in the Macross universe, BEFORE the ASS-1 came to earth (really poor choice of acronym, seriously) where was human tech?

Thanks,

RF-26 AAC

Edited by RF-26AAC

Well, technically Macross diverges from real history at 1999, but in 1982 when Macross was first created, Kawamori and Co. obviously didn't know what was coming between then and the 1999 that we all know ("I love OT, Mr. Anderson") :)

But keep in mind, progress with OverTechnology is also limited by the boundaries of human understanding. OverTechnology greatly transcends our own technology, but only in as much as the humans can understand it and understand their own level of progress. For example, human understanding of aerodynamics ultimately limits what the humans of Macross can make as far as OverTechnology-derived mecha. At the time of Macross, F-14 style aerodynamics was the best humans could apply to OverTechnology, so we got the VF-1 Valkyrie. Later, as human understanding of aerodynamics progressed, more advanced variable fighters were possible and even vast improvements wer achieved using OverTechnologies previously unseen even in Zentradi mecha.

Some fields seemed to advance much faster than others. Military applications seemed to benefit the most and the civilian industries that supported military endeavours (such as construction, engineering, computers, robotics, etc). Civilian applications seemed to trickle in after that. I think the most overt non-military application to find use in Macross was Holography and Volumetric images, like the ones that produced the sky inside the Macross and Minmay's spectacular concerts. Later, privately owned vehicles were obviously changed significantly by the introduction of OverTechnology and it also bred widely used robots for photography, garbage removal and vending ("COLA!") :)

OverTechnology advances in medical science appeared to come much slower. While cloning came along rather quickly, not much else has been seen apart form vague mentions in Macross Plus and Macross Zero. I think Macross Frontier is the first time we've seen truly trans-humanist influences of OverTechnology on the human body. Which is rather ironic when you think about it, since the Protoculture possessed such incredible biotechnology that appeared to define their progress as a civilization.

Edited by Mr March

Does Valkyries count? :rolleyes:

Three distinct Quadralunns has been shown so far. Quadraluun-Rau piloted by Millia and Chlore, Queadluun-Quilqua a custom by Emillia and the Quardraluun-Rea by the Pixies.

Though strangely enough Q-Reas are unisex. Then again Regults are walking death traps. I can see why NUNS phased them out.

Queadluun-Quilqua of Emilia Jenius has not been stated as a mass production model.

It is assumed to be a custom mecha much like Nekki Basara's VF-19 Kai "Fire Valkyrie".

In the 2030's Ray, Kinryu and Stephan of Pink Pecker squadron was ambushed by Zentradi Quadraluuns. I doubt it was Meltrans in those suits. Also in Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling Me , little Pedro identified Emilia's Queadluun-Quilqua as a Quadraluun-Rau. While this may be a misidentification on the kids part. It appears Quadraluuns are a popular Zentradi power suit.

In 2040 Isamu Dyson's Eagle Squadron fought rogue Zentrdi power suits sharing characteristics of both the Nousjadeul-Ger and Quadraluun.

There is at least one more canon type of Queadluun which appears in the Saturn/PS DYRL game, the Queadluun Nona: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/dyrl-gam...adluun-nona.htm

Hello folks.

As some of you might already know, I'm new to Macross World. At the moment, I have 2 questions to ask.

1. How do you get your personal photo to show in a thread post instead of only when someone clicks your name tab?

2. There are dots that seem to be an indication of rank around here. What do they mean and what are they based on? For instance, one dot seems to be "valkyrie heat shield scrubber, 3 is edwards test pilot, etc.?

Any real help will be highly appreciated. I thank whoever helps in advance.

Hello folks.

As some of you might already know, I'm new to Macross World. At the moment, I have 2 questions to ask.

1. How do you get your personal photo to show in a thread post instead of only when someone clicks your name tab?

2. There are dots that seem to be an indication of rank around here. What do they mean and what are they based on? For instance, one dot seems to be "valkyrie heat shield scrubber, 3 is edwards test pilot, etc.?

Any real help will be highly appreciated. I thank whoever helps in advance.

1. Go to your controls and edit avatar settings...the avatar is the one that shows up in the posts.

2. They're based on post count...as for what they mean (if anything), we aren't sure. JB0 is all the way up to "BOMBA!" but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Soon enough, I'll be going to the Sharon Apple concert.

Also, if the mods like you or hate you enough, you can get a custom title...but most people don't like the ones they get.

1. Go to your controls and edit avatar settings...the avatar is the one that shows up in the posts.

2. They're based on post count...as for what they mean (if anything), we aren't sure. JB0 is all the way up to "BOMBA!" but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Soon enough, I'll be going to the Sharon Apple concert.

Also, if the mods like you or hate you enough, you can get a custom title...but most people don't like the ones they get.

Thanks Gubaba. Maybe I should have poked around all the tabs and buttons a bit more. I'll do that a bit next time.

So far I'm enjoying myself on this forum and frankly this place is one of the most civilized (in forum space) I've been to so far. Good job to everyone for keeping open yet civilized discussion the main MO around here.

question about overtechnology:

precisely what is covered under the scope of overtechnology?

More advanced processors?

Lasers?

Cold Fusion?

Gravity Control?

What exactly is overtechnology and where does it cross the threshold of what human ingenuity is capable of producing?

Or rather, in the Macross universe, BEFORE the ASS-1 came to earth (really poor choice of acronym, seriously) where was human tech?

Thanks,

RF-26 AAC

As I understand it(padded as such because I can't read japanese, so my sources are rather... limited)...

Overtechnology is a catch-all term for ANYTHING reverse-engineered from the ASS-1/Macross. While some tech (like airplanes and computers) may not be directly spawned from the ASS-1, it almost certainly was advanced by it(ultralight alloys, advanced power sources, room-temperature superconductors, more efficient semiconductors), making it an application of overtechnology even if we DID invent it here.

So... pretty much everything except cold fusion is overtechnology. Macross uses "hot" fusion, as implied by the term thermonuclear reaction and the fact that the fuel is converted to plasma.

There's some differences between fusion as we understand it now and an overtech thermonuclear reaction, though it seems to be related mainly to the methodology used to start and sustain the reaction.

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Overtechnology

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Thermonuclear_Reaction

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Reaction_Weapon adds another wrinkle to the fusion discussion, since it seems that the same term is used for multiple classes of weaponry.

Gubaba: My post count is probably a bad thing.

But none can question my passion for the franchise!

Gubaba: My post count is probably a bad thing.

But none can question my passion for the franchise!

No, no...you misunderstand. I was wondering if the title of "BOMBA!" was a good or bad thing. Personally, I'm eager for you to reach 7500 posts, so we can all see what title comes next.

Well, technically Macross diverges from real history at 1999, but in 1982 when Macross was first created, Kawamori and Co. obviously didn't know what was coming between then and the 1999 that we all know ("I love OT, Mr. Anderson") :)

But keep in mind, progress with OverTechnology is also limited by the boundaries of human understanding. OverTechnology greatly transcends our own technology, but only in as much as the humans can understand it and understand their own level of progress. For example, human understanding of aerodynamics ultimately limits what the humans of Macross can make as far as OverTechnology-derived mecha. At the time of Macross, F-14 style aerodynamics was the best humans could apply to OverTechnology, so we got the VF-1 Valkyrie. Later, as human understanding of aerodynamics progressed, more advanced variable fighters were possible and even vast improvements wer achieved using OverTechnologies previously unseen even in Zentradi mecha.

Some fields seemed to advance much faster than others. Military applications seemed to benefit the most and the civilian industries that supported military endeavours (such as construction, engineering, computers, robotics, etc). Civilian applications seemed to trickle in after that. I think the most overt non-military application to find use in Macross was Holography and Volumetric images, like the ones that produced the sky inside the Macross and Minmay's spectacular concerts. Later, privately owned vehicles were obviously changed significantly by the introduction of OverTechnology and it also bred widely used robots for photography, garbage removal and vending ("COLA!") :)

OverTechnology advances in medical science appeared to come much slower. While cloning came along rather quickly, not much else has been seen apart form vague mentions in Macross Plus and Macross Zero. I think Macross Frontier is the first time we've seen truly trans-humanist influences of OverTechnology on the human body. Which is rather ironic when you think about it, since the Protoculture possessed such incredible biotechnology that appeared to define their progress as a civilization.

Additionally:

1. Fold travel

2. Pinpoint Barrier systems (this includes the omni-directional barrier of the NMC-13 and the barrier used on the frontier city ship)

3. Advanced AI

4. Reflex / Reaction weaponry (although initially it was a euphemism for Nuclear weapons, we are not entirely sure if they were conventional nukes or some enhanced form)

5. ECA or Energy Converting Armor

6. Hyper carbon steel (most likely other forms of advanced alloys)

7. Dimension Eater bomb (I suspect this was derived from the PD war)

8. Macross Cannons

Granted, several of these examples apply to post SW1 OTEC, but they are still OTEC nonetheless.

No, no...you misunderstand. I was wondering if the title of "BOMBA!" was a good or bad thing. Personally, I'm eager for you to reach 7500 posts, so we can all see what title comes next.

Oh.

Just an accurate representation of how often I shoot my mouth off?

Q and A: Anyone know what the name is of the artist that is the singing voice for Emilia Jenius in the M7 movie and the Cd single: “Heart and Soul”?

Q and A: Anyone know what the name is of the artist that is the singing voice for Emilia Jenius in the M7 movie and the Cd single: “Heart and Soul”?

I would also like to know this... it's like one of the most elusive pieces of Macross information ever, I have been searching for it for over 10 years. I think the actress is Neya Michiko, but I don't know if she is the singer too.

I would also like to know this... it's like one of the most elusive pieces of Macross information ever, I have been searching for it for over 10 years. I think the actress is Neya Michiko, but I don't know if she is the singer too.

I checked her Japanese Wikipedia entry...and "Heart and Soul" isn't listed among her CD credits. That's not definitive, of course, but it seems a strong possibility that the singer is someone else.

I don't think Neya Michiko is Emilia's singing voice either. If you compare the songs Neya Michiko did for Innitial D and Gunsmith cats with Heart and Soul they can't be the same person. Emilias voice range is much bigger. Emilia could be a big name that doesn't want to be type-cast but we may never know.