Newbie Questions on Macross

The scene between Guld in his YF-21 and Isamu in his VF-11 was done more for dramatic purposes that anything else. Still, it's clear the scene in questions was done during mid-transformation and then slowed to a crawl for dramatic effect. So there wasn't anything necessarily wrong with the way the cockpit opened and transformed, just a bit of creative license to make the emotion notes hits on cue.

As for most Valkyrie cockpits, they just rotate forward or rearward for Battroid mode and the additional controls/monitors unfold from the rear and sides of the existing cockpit, much like Dio and Master Dex have described. Each vehicle profile on my website features line art of the cockpit interiors. If you look at them closely you can see some of the seats on rotating mounts with pistons to properly position the cockpit seat. The original VF-1 TV series cockpits appear to take a bit more creative license with respect to the size of the Battroid mode cockpit interior. The later VF-1 "Block 6" Battroid cockpits as seen in DYRL? are much more confined and typical what one would expect. The VF-1 "Block 6" cockpits are also much more efficient and feature an increased number of much larger viewing monitors, no doubt a template for what would eventually become the VF-11 Battroid cockpit.

I didn't see him as that apocalyptic, he wanted to awaken the Birdman for another reason didn't he? He said to end the confusion? Or was he trying to destroy human civilization and it's warlike tendancies in the first place? What was his motivation?

Control and scientific study. The AUN would get a powerful weapon and Hasford would reap all the scientific knowledge he could get from it. He had a hypothesis and having AFOS would prove his point and beyond. And he didn't care about who's toes he would step on to get that knowledge.

Im going to skip all of the macross 7 stuff since im up to episode 14 and its freakin boring. ALso i saw Macross Frontier up to episode 3 and i was hooked! Can someone spoil all of Macross 7 for me right now? Tell me how the story progresses and ends, and if anything i need to know in macross 7 that will be mentioned in macross f.

Im going to skip all of the macross 7 stuff since im up to episode 14 and its freakin boring. ALso i saw Macross Frontier up to episode 3 and i was hooked! Can someone spoil all of Macross 7 for me right now? Tell me how the story progresses and ends, and if anything i need to know in macross 7 that will be mentioned in macross f.

Well, you can check MAHQ websites under anime/macross/macross 7 TV, they have all the episode review there.

For a quick summary about Macross 7 :

Basara singing saved the whales

Well, you can check MAHQ websites under anime/macross/macross 7 TV, they have all the episode review there.

For a quick summary about Macross 7 :

Basara singing saved the whales

Isn't that only for Dynamite 7?

I believe that that scene was for dramatic effect since he had already transformed the VF-11 into battroid mode, and it would make no sense for the heatshield to open up like that. During the scene Guld is losing control. I interpret it as Guld is seeing this, and we're seeing what Guld is seeing. What he's seeing isn't what's actually happening, and doesn't have to make sense because he's not exactly mentally stable. Does that make any sense?

It DOES make sense and I think you are right.

Taksraven

I believe that that scene was for dramatic effect since he had already transformed the VF-11 into battroid mode, and it would make no sense for the heatshield to open up like that. During the scene Guld is losing control. I interpret it as Guld is seeing this, and we're seeing what Guld is seeing. What he's seeing isn't what's actually happening, and doesn't have to make sense because he's not exactly mentally stable. Does that make any sense?

haha, yes it does make sense. i got what you're saying. :)

guld, that crazy zentraedi. making me doubt my (limited) macross mecha knowledge for a second. tsk, tsk. :p

Well I finished SDF Macross (original series) the other day and I am moving onto Plus.

I was reading up on the different series and I noticed in Wikipedia under "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012" there was this:

According to the Official Macross Site, the SDF-2 Megaroad-01 fleet vanished 4 years later during the new expedition (in 2016 A.C.) and was never heard from again.

Is that all we know? Did they just vanish? Has this vanishing ever been mentioned discussed in any of the other series?

Also is Macross 7 worth my time? I see a lot people complain about it on here :p

thx

Edited by Spud387

Well I finished SDF Macross (original series) the other day and I am moving onto Plus.

I was reading up on the different series and I noticed in Wikipedia under "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012" there was this:

According to the Official Macross Site, the SDF-2 Megaroad-01 fleet vanished 4 years later during the new expedition (in 2016 A.C.) and was never heard from again.

Is that all we know? Did they just vanish? Has this vanishing ever been mentioned discussed in any of the other series?

Also is Macross 7 worth my time? I see a lot people complain about it on here :p

thx

Well, the fate of Megaroad-01 is pretty simple: we just don't know. All we know is that the ship went poof in 2016. And no, I don't think any series so far mentions about Megaroad-01's fate, the closest one I can think of is in the star map shown in the earlier episodes of Macross Frontier.

For Macross 7... Well, I say give it a try. The first 10 episodes can be very boring (and annoying), but things do gets better after that. Just remember it's a show about a J-pop singer who happens to ride a valk, and you should be able to enjoy the show more. :)

thx

No, nothing is ever known again on what happened to Megaroad-01 or Hikaru and Misa.

As for 7... just read the past 2 or 3 pages, it isn't much since the last person to ask about it was right before you.

I swear kids these days suffer from ADD. :rolleyes: A 50-episode series was nothing back in my day. Just tough it out and watch it. If you kids can suffer through Naruto and its sequel, M7 should be a freakin cake-walk.

I swear kids these days suffer from ADD. :rolleyes: A 50-episode series was nothing back in my day. Just tough it out and watch it. If you kids can suffer through Naruto and its sequel, M7 should be a freakin cake-walk.

This quote is made of so many levels of win! :lol:

I humbly ask permission to use it as part of my sig.

Edited by d3v

Most of the more familiar ones have lineart for them, including those that were originally part of the canceled Advanced Valkyrie model series by Bandai and were later added to canon once SK got the chance to clean them up. Most of the ones in the teen though don't have any known line-art (unless I'm mistaken, and I do hope I am) for them, although for the VF-16, we can get a few clues to how it looked like from Mylene's VF-11 MAXL Custom from Macross 7.

Still wondering where you are getting the notion that the VF-16 was the basis for the VF-11MAXL???

Got any links or page numbers to back that up or is it pure speculation?

Still wondering where you are getting the notion that the VF-16 was the basis for the VF-11MAXL???

Got any links or page numbers to back that up or is it pure speculation?

I believe people are misinterpreting the VF-11MAXL's specifications. The only thing the VF-11MAXL uses from the VF-16 is the engines.

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/VF-11_Thunderbolt

I wonder about the VF-16 as well. I recall reading somewhere that it was a delta-wing, but I may just be confusing it with the VF-11MAXL info. Speaking of which I wonder what the normal VF-11MAXL looked like before they added sound-speaker-boobs, and a woman face... The VF-16 engines are definitely more powerful than the engines on the standard VF-11, since the VF-16 engines can get the valkyrie into space without boosters attached.

I wonder about the VF-16 as well. I recall reading somewhere that it was a delta-wing, but I may just be confusing it with the VF-11MAXL info. Speaking of which I wonder what the normal VF-11MAXL looked like before they added sound-speaker-boobs, and a woman face... The VF-16 engines are definitely more powerful than the engines on the standard VF-11, since the VF-16 engines can get the valkyrie into space without boosters attached.

This fan did one up as a regular VF-11Maxl

http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~sieg/vf-11maxl.html

He died crashing his warship into the SDF-1 Macross in an unsuccessful suicide attempt.

While all true I'd say it was a pretty successful suicide attempt as he died. It was an unsuccessful attempt at taking the SDF-1 and its crew with him.

While all true I'd say it was a pretty successful suicide attempt as he died. It was an unsuccessful attempt at taking the SDF-1 and its crew with him.

Hehehe, right you are. Gotta check my grammar next time :)

Him, or someone who looks like him...

It's actually

a clone of Kamjin sent to kill his twin brother who is actually working behind the scenes to control all soldiers and PMS employees with implants as part of his rivalry with Mr. Bilrer in a plot called Guns of the Zentrans

That thing over his right eye is

actually an integrated sensor, scope and NV system called a Frontier Eye

Edited by d3v

It's actually

a clone of Kamjin sent to kill his twin brother who is actually working behind the scenes to control all soldiers and PMS employees with implants as part of his rivalry with Mr. Bilrer in a plot called Guns of the Zentrans

That thing over his right eye is

actually an integrated sensor, scope and NV system called a Frontier Eye

Thanks. I'm going to now spread that information all over the internets, using authoritative tones, and flame anyone who doubts its veracity.

Him, or someone who looks like him...

yup saw it now! cool! :)

ok episode 11 got me thinking (since alto desires to fly in a real atmosphere)...

does anyone here know how the inhabitants of a colony fleet are selected? is it voluntary? by lottery? by specific choice (i.e. must have a set number of cooks, entertainers, mechanics, etc)?

and do the chosen citizens have a choice? is it like an invitation to join the colony fleet, or more like being drafted?

curious questions which would give an insight on post-SW1 level of human freedom.

Indeed, although you have to account for people who are just born on colony ships. Alto I think came from Earth or Eden though (or many another planet colony we don't know about) as the flashbacks don't look under a dome.