New 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru Pictures

Graham

Guys, the new October 2003 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine, just out today has some proper pics of the upcoming 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru, not just the photo-shopped pics we've seen so far.

And yes, the heatshield is red :D This may just basically be a Hikaru VF-1A with a head swap, but IMO, it's still one damn-fine looking Valk. I'm just a sucker for the Hikaru VF-1S.

Graham

Schweet.... Another valk to be added to the collection.

Thanks for the pics, Graham (insert asian emoticon here)

Then, it's is true........ :huh:

So when will it be released?

I hope is has the updated features like the nose cone and flap improvements and the arm that can do the "90 degree" bend. ;)

Thanks for the pics!

Hi :D

I'm a new French member. I want this awesome 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S and I will get it !!! :lol:

Awwwwww...it still has the seam line down the face :(

:rolleyes: "[nitpicker mode]That's not going to make a lot of people happy. Plus add the fact that it's just another head swap and a quick repaint of ANOTHER DYRL Valk! That just isn't going to do! Some people want TV SCHEMES Yamato![/nitpicker mode] :rolleyes:

Thanks for the scan G! It definitely looks like a keeper. I already have on on pre-order :D:D:D

Edited by Omni Existence

Muchas gracias, Graham. Is just me or does it look like this valk we've all been waiting for is missing some accessories? ;) Some Strike Fast Pack accessories! B) Please beat that Yamato exec that wasn't keen with a "panel-line bat" until he submits. The lines look nifty on the Low-vis, it's mandatory on all future valks.

Hi :D

I'm a new French member. I want this awesome 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S and I will get it !!! :lol:

Bienvenue a MacrossWorld, mon ami. J'espere que vous allez apprecie votre temps ici... (Je m'excuse pour l'absence des accents; ma connaissance de ASCII est nul! :( )

It does look impressive. At long last, a Hikaru Strike 1S...

Sadly, this will be the first Yamato release to date that I am just rather unenthused about...not really sure why...I know the colors are different but it just seems like buying the same thing again. Oh well...will probably pick one up at some point... :unsure:

I know the colors are different but it just seems like buying the same thing again. Oh well...will probably pick one up at some point... :unsure:

I might pick this one up too.....but for the same reason it's also why I didn't pick up Max or the Low Viz (yet). I'll definently pick up a VF-1J though......

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the pictures. Graham, will this 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru be molded in a grey/white sculpt, as of the VF-1A Max or would it be the beige/white version of the VF-1S Roy. If you noticed carefully there is a difference between the base color between the VF-1S Roy and VF-1A Max. Im hoping for the former as well a deep tone in the red stripes as in contrast to the first version. Anyways i would be getting 2 of these babies as well as 2 1/48 Fps. :D

Graham, another question is regarding the 1/48 VF-1J, would it be coupled with Fps? If no i maybe to get another Fp to equip it with. ;)

Any ideas when will the VF-1J will be released.

Thanks for the help and assistance and time.

:ph34r::rolleyes:

Cheers

thanks for the pic, graham.

i have mixed feelings on this valk. on one hand, it's another kick ass 1/48. on the other, they just freakin swapped the heads. i mean... i understand that they're just trying to make money, but i really wished they would have just given us swappable heads instead.

oh well... i may as well prepare my credit card for the bad news. :p

Graham, another question is regarding the 1/48 VF-1J, would it be coupled with Fps? If no i maybe to get another Fp to equip it with. ;)

Can't answer the first, but I've read that the FAST packs were shown on the 1J simply to promote interest in both the valkyrie and the super upgrades. The 1J will come sans packs.

Looks good, now if only they'ed make a Max type VF-1S :D

yes I shall get this...either this or the low viz shall be my first 1/48....

yes unbelievably the notorious poll maker himself does NOT own a `/48~!! the burdens of being an art major coupoled with the high cost of supplies has made it hard for me.

But it is fabulous that this 1S will have the improvements that max an low viz got as WELL as being the FIRST YAMATO HIKARU VF1S!!!

finally!!

this is not just a headswap as it has the improivements of max n low viz.

perhaps even MORE. who the hell knows we got 2 months to figure it out.

Just for my info, what improvements over the original 1A (beyond the head...) are included with this?

Well obviously there will be the improved nosecone and flaps, first introduced on the Max 1/48.

I'm sure we'll also see the improved 90 degree capable elbow joint, and redesigned easier opening front landing gear doors introduced on the Low-Vis as well.

I'm not sure what other improvements we will see, if any. I was hoping for painted panel lines and optional swapable hands, but it doesn't seem like we are getting those.

Graham

Just for my info, what improvements over the original 1A (beyond the head...) are included with this?

Well obviously there will be the improved nosecone and flaps, first introduced on the Max 1/48.

I'm sure we'll also see the improved 90 degree capable elbow joint, and redesigned easier opening front landing gear doors introduced on the Low-Vis as well.

I'm not sure what other improvements we will see, if any. I was hoping for painted panel lines and optional swapable hands, but it doesn't seem like we are getting those.

Graham

As much as I like the idea of more panel lines and such, I'd happily buy this toy if it was the exact same as the Hikaru 1A release.

I think it's great that Yamato's putting it out there. 'Bout time, really.

And as far as the head's panel seam goes... it really looks much worse in pictures, I can barely even notice mine on my Focker 1S.