Macross Frontier English Dub

Hikuro

Good choice with Veoh, I like that site. And great start with Frontier so far, The fact it will in English means I can actually watch it this time instead of the subtitles and battle scenes, Yaaa!!!

Excellent job to you and the VA crew for this one!!! B))

Quarter of the way done with the audio tracks....sadly though I can't convert the Blu-ray version which contains the fixed animation.

However to save time, I'm also going to finish scripting Episode 3, or atleast try and see if I can get them both done around the sametime.

I think he found the perfect balance between gruff japanese warrior voice and gruff english voice (without sounding too... what was the phrase used? Metal Gear?).

Glad I could contribute to the project rofl

lol, I still don't get the metal gear stuff but that's just me.

Episode 2 is almost done...like 90% for audio tracks. I kicked major ass this weekend on that and Zero...but the battle in the start of episode 2 is shaping up very neatly

Metal Gear - the voice acting for most of the actors, like Solid Snake, were intentionally deep and raspy. Its just something your ears pick up on when you are watching something and makes your brain say "hey, that sounds forced".

Metal Gear - the voice acting for most of the actors, like Solid Snake, were intentionally deep and raspy. Its just something your ears pick up on when you are watching something and makes your brain say "hey, that sounds forced".

I didn't have much experience with the newer metal gear games (I wound up with an X-Box and missed out on all that fun), but I got what you were saying immediately. Didn't really bother me in the dub here, but it's something that I do want to work on in my own performance. I want to discover another authentic voice, rather than just imitating something. I hope I can improve upon my existing work without changing the character too much as the voice evolves.

One thing I discovered, is if I knock back a guiness or two first, my voice naturally gets a little deeper and surlier. But, maybe also slurier! See that! Same letters, just rearranged! That, my friends, is because I'm a frakking wordsmith. What.

Okay so update, Episode 2 is done for audio tracks cept vocals. 2 people have already turned in vocals (phew fast) and Boinger has supplied me with the Blu-Ray rip and hopefully it'll work this time as I had a lot of trouble with zero success on converting it into a working movie to use.

And with Episode 2 in post mix production and awaiting ADR, I'm now working on the script to Episode 3.

My goal and I discussed this with a few cast members, is to release these in volume sets...so episode 3 will be sent out right away upon completion of the script and have that finished maybe at the sametime as Episode 2, and that'll be Volume 1...then in May I'll start working on scripts for 4, 5, 6.

How about "Everyone! Listen to MY SONG!" instead of just "Listen to my song!" it makes it sound more demanding. Also, it doesn't have to be an exact translation as long as it gives you the same emotion and meaning. Don't be afraid to change dialogue to fit the dubbing and colloquialism.

Another suggestion Hikuro, "Everyone, sing along!" Thanks for doing all these great dubs.

One thing I discovered, is if I knock back a guiness or two first, my voice naturally gets a little deeper and surlier. But, maybe also slurier! See that! Same letters, just rearranged! That, my friends, is because I'm a frakking wordsmith. What.

I smell a Roy Fokker / Ozma personality in there somewhere..

MOAR BOOZE!

I think I'll just leave the music japanese, it saves time..

And again thanks to boinger, atleast this episode will be HD like...however because the episode is different from the aired version (time signature wise) I have to go thru each track and realign everything. Only takes like 2 minutes per track to align everything correctly.

Next time you say that, I'm gonna hit you w/ my purse!!! :lol: I'm sure my wife would say opposite. But in anycase Schizo, I thought you were getting a mic and all that to start auditioning for parts and all that? What happened?

Next time you say that, I'm gonna hit you w/ my purse!!! :lol: I'm sure my wife would say opposite. But in anycase Schizo, I thought you were getting a mic and all that to start auditioning for parts and all that? What happened?

Mic I got sucked, store had a no-returns policy, I was out of money after that mic. And yes, I did try setting my sound card settings up to the highest mic/line in quality. Nada.

Well, there's two routes you can take. For about $40, you can purchase a high end logitech headphone mic. I've had some success using one of those for awhile. the only drawback is that you are relegated to not being able to draw back from its position, or get the highest quality possible.

Option 2 can cost about $150 on average. This is a basic, but high end performance mic. What's good about this is that when you spend the higher price for these mics, you do get more, like filters for distortion, some amount of volume control, and high quality output. This isn't the cheap radio shack mics, but a seriously good mic (you can find plenty at Guitar Center, Sam Ash). For these, it's also good to get a voice sponge (that black sponge thing you see people talk in front of. That helps keep spit and stuff from getting in the mic, and also helps the singer/speaker know where to position themselves for voice input. The downside to all this is that is cost some money.

Those are my suggestions. Option 2 is best, but if you are a little hard pressed for cash like most of us are, option one can work with some tweaking. Hope that helps.

Well, there's two routes you can take. For about $40, you can purchase a high end logitech headphone mic. I've had some success using one of those for awhile. the only drawback is that you are relegated to not being able to draw back from its position, or get the highest quality possible.

Option 2 can cost about $150 on average. This is a basic, but high end performance mic. What's good about this is that when you spend the higher price for these mics, you do get more, like filters for distortion, some amount of volume control, and high quality output. This isn't the cheap radio shack mics, but a seriously good mic (you can find plenty at Guitar Center, Sam Ash). For these, it's also good to get a voice sponge (that black sponge thing you see people talk in front of. That helps keep spit and stuff from getting in the mic, and also helps the singer/speaker know where to position themselves for voice input. The downside to all this is that is cost some money.

Those are my suggestions. Option 2 is best, but if you are a little hard pressed for cash like most of us are, option one can work with some tweaking. Hope that helps.

I see...

Option one sounds like it's my option. Two is too expensive and... Well, it seems like it would take up too much space. (I've got a cramped room.)

I don't know, man. I doubt I'd be able to do anything with this, anyway, what with my allergies. It's got me all stuffy. I hate spring... <_<

I think I'll go ahead and get the headset mic when the money comes in.

Now a few questions.

Relegated to draw back from its position? What does that mean?

Filte... What?

Relegated to draw back from its position? What does that mean?

Filte... What?

Well, when you wear the headset mic vs. a placed mic, the headset is attached to, well, your head. Some effects I've seen people use the placed mic or fixed mic, is being able to talk from a distance, and while talking, move forward closer to it. Not a very genius tactic, but one that has it's properties. As for filters, some high end mics have better, I guess for lack of a better term, distortion dampening components. They also put out a clearer true voice sound than others. I don't know the technology, but I know there is a difference in the $40 radio shack mic, and a true high end performance mic. My band uses a very good mic, and we have some cheapies too. There is a difference.

As for space. There are desktop mic holders that take up the space of a small desktop lamp. So if it's space, hopefully that'll help. Since you've already stated your probably getting the Logitech version, when you get, simply just play around with it. See what different settings on audacity give to the headset. As for your allergies, I can't help you there, but perhaps Claritin can.

I got some Afrin nasal spray before I recorded the Ozma lines. Worked wonders, cleared my chronically stuffed up nose in a matter of seconds. I also built my own popper-stopper for my mic out of a 59 cent pair of stockings/hoisery and a 1.29 6" embroidery hoop, and just set that up in front of my mic. DIY, man, DIY. I also have the crappiest mic ever, it's like 10 bucks, or something. Sucks. I have a Shure SM58 and SM57, but both are XLR connectors, so it doesn't really do me any good on a computer without a better audio interface. I looked into XLR-to-USB adapters and everything cost more than I was willing to spend. Oh well. Hik does a good job of equalizing people's audio anyway.

That's true, my own experiences come from really road testing various mics (performing in various bands over the years and in different venues). I never tried some of my old beat up cheapies for voice. Not sure the quality of them anymore, as they've been banged around and all. In anycase, depending on what you want to get out of it, get what you feel comfortable with. For me, as a musician, I just find that sacrificing, and taking extra sack lunches for some things that I believe will go the distance are for me (by no means am I saying less expensive mics will not last)...Ugh, it's just a musician's thing, LOL

That's true, my own experiences come from really road testing various mics (performing in various bands over the years and in different venues). I never tried some of my old beat up cheapies for voice. Not sure the quality of them anymore, as they've been banged around and all. In anycase, depending on what you want to get out of it, get what you feel comfortable with. For me, as a musician, I just find that sacrificing, and taking extra sack lunches for some things that I believe will go the distance are for me (by no means am I saying less expensive mics will not last)...Ugh, it's just a musician's thing, LOL

Oh I hear you... my decision to stick with this cheapy thing was less about wise fiscal decision making and more about simply being unable to bring myself to buy something "middle of the road". I kept coming down to: "If I buy a new mic, it has to be useful in a professional capacity... but... I'm just doing a personal project here... but... must be pro... not consumer... maybe prosumer? no... wait..." and by the time I wrestled with that decision for days, I realized I couldn't afford much of anything, so, what I got will do. I did, as I mentioned, build the popper stopper, as well as make a little tiny booth out of 4 18" foam sheets that kill a little bit of the echo, but since I can't actually get INTO the booth, it's sort of a stop-gap measure.

Like I've always said, Logitech is a good brand, it's never failed me, the only problem is, is now Logitech is getting a bit more spendy and there aren't a lot of electronic stores in my area where I can continue buying that brand. For 5 years I had the same type of microphone and it's and some ups and down...I'm pretty abusive to my equipment...like my PC is on it's final leg, but I'm just not going to have enough money to buy a new one unless I can make installment payments...but the interest rate will be killer.

Like seriously, 48 months for 12 dollars a month with an 11.8% APR interest rate....geeze.

Right now I'm using some sort of a skype endorsed microphone and honestly, it works just fine for my needs. Slightly better than most of the stuff I've had, and all I needed to do after buying that and testing it was tweek my sound settings so I don't pick up a lot of feedback.

But really, what I need is a new PC so I can handle watching anime in HD with a 64 bit processor (did I get that right che?) and 600 gigs of space with an 8 gig ram card and all that bs. Like.....800 bucks or something like that for a packaged deal...and I can always just switch out the monitor to something bigger.

In either case, I'm messing around a bit with Episode 2 since Che turned in his lines. So it marks a big amount of the first half of the episode as being done since Ozma has a pretty good amount of screen time.

I still got Luca, Alto and Ranka to fill up the first 6 minutes.

So really all I have for completed lines are Michelle, President Glass and Leon.

Yeah, that 64-bit processor/OS combo will give you access to all your RAM beyond the 4GB mark, which is a nice thing. For audio, you might not truly need it, but it never hurts. For Aria, I tells ya every time I load up one of those scenes with tons of floating space debris, I start cursing my decision to not stack ram like crazy. But whatever.

I still owe Hik a couple of lines. I was definitely more in the Roy Fokker spirit for this episode... let's hope that it works for Ozma.

I'll be a happy camper when the first set of Macross F is done. How many more voices are you looking for? One of my co-workers has a perfect voice for Canalia. The drawback, she hasn't done voice acting before, but is really interested in it. She also doesn't know much about anime either, unless you count Transformers.

OT here, but Che, that screenshot of the ice field is pretty damn inspiring, and if the rest of the show is going on that detail. it's gonna be a damn good show.

Yeah I still don't have enough for Canaya, I might of found a bobby, but I don't have enough yet for a bridge crew which is driving me nuts.

If I put what I got together for the first segments of Episode 2....I can go up to when Alto is shooting at the Vajra after the opening credits.....that's about it. So Cody has a lot of lines to go...he said just the first two yelling bits really took a toll on his voice but he'll be back up and running soon.

I still gotta hear from Cristina and Mippa....and of course Brooklynn who is doing Luca, and Shudo for Cathy...if those VA's get their stuff in then most of the episode will already be done.

Well, I got a $60 Logitech. Now, I'm working on figuring out how NOT to get that static-y scratchy noise in the background.

Also looking into Afrin.

Get yourself a 64-bit processor, but run a 32-bit OS. The 64-bit OS's I've had experience with SUCK. ESPECIALLY Vista 64. Vista 32 owns, but 64 is...