Macross Frontier Plot Theories...

That whole near extinction by the Zentraedi might have had nothing to do with changing humanity's attitude? Ne?

:-)

We are stubborn and too often self righteous beings who tend to NOT learn from our own history, nevermind an alien one...

We are stubborn and too often self righteous beings who tend to NOT learn from our own history, nevermind an alien one...

Hehehe... I remember someone once said that man is the only animal stupid enough to make the same mistake twice... :lol:

Anyway...

I believe Sheryl will end up being a clone... the ultimate humiliation for someone as full of pride for being 100% natural as her, hah...

Maybe Ranka is a cyborg (like Brera) and she doesn't know it... (and she has a Super Dimension Crystal as reactor/power source).

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

After watching Macross Zero again looks like Vajra is related to AFOS, several fact below:

- The symbols

- BFG

- Has internal fold drive / fold reactor.

Since AFOS was left by the PC to monitor humanity, I wonder if Vajra is the same (like watchdog or something). And for Vajra being created by some fanatical NUNS is still in question. But I have to agree that some faction (Brera superior) has more knowledge about Vajra which mean they are somehow related to the 117th research fleet.

If the Vajra are just mindless drone, then who is the Cerebrate (Brain/Main Hive/Queen whatsoever). I doubt that the mothership in epi.7 is sentient, it must be another drone warship.

Darn, my head hurts.....time for some ninjin.....

If the Vajra are just mindless drone, then who is the Cerebrate (Brain/Main Hive/Queen whatsoever). I doubt that the mothership in epi.7 is sentient, it must be another drone warship.

Ranka is, and she's gonna grow up to be the queen b*tch of the universe.

After watching Macross Zero again looks like Vajra is related to AFOS, several fact below:

- The symbols

- BFG

- Has internal fold drive / fold reactor.

Yes. However... I believe more in the "cloned from the AFOS" theory. The spirals could be a genetic mark from its blood left by the Protoculture technology...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Hehehe... I believe the Vajra don't have a Queen per se... it is more like they are mindless drones that react to music/sound/sound energy/whatever...

I mention this cause this kinda fits with another theory of mine...

Sheryl was created as the owner of the Song of Destruction/War/Death. That's why the first Vajra attack ocurred when she gave her first concert at Frontier. Grace is an agent of some faction that's controlling Shery. Maybe her songs have that effect or were created for that end too.

Now, Ranka is the opposite. She owns the Song of Creation/Peace/Life. Dr. Mao created her as a fail safe if the Vajra went amok or were used for destructive purposes (like they have been). That's why the Vajra stop each time Ranka screams. Also of notice is the fact that the Vajra at the Island 3 lab awakened when Ranka sang a Sheryl song... Maybe the song that will end the Vajra menace is "AIMO" only if is sang by Ranka.

That's why the faction controlling Sheryl want Ranka death/captured/whatever, hehe... :ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Since AFOS was left by the PC to monitor humanity, I wonder if Vajra is the same (like watchdog or something).

Maybe they retained some characteristics from the AFOS (like the spirals), but the AFOS seemed sentient. The Vajra on the other hand are mindless drones... B))

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

And for Vajra being created by some fanatical NUNS is still in question. But I have to agree that some faction (Brera superior) has more knowledge about Vajra which mean they are somehow related to the 117th research fleet.

Maybe the faction is Anti-N.U.N.S. and they plan on using the VAJRA to destroy NUNS or descredit it... who knows...? :blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

It'd be uncomfortably like the Protodeviln, but I'm starting to wonder if "the Vajra" are actually Protoculture-created lifeforms that became infected with some kind of virus.

It's the whole conversation about transplanted Hydra from Eden and "the true horror of the Vajra"(then cut to the berserk Hydra with glowing red eyes) that got me thinking.

But since they can presumably transmit something called a V-Type Infection which NUNS is aware of, you'd think Leon would already know their "true horror", if my speculation is anything more than BS.

Then again... That's still kind of a mystery either way. If the V-Type Infection isn't a red herring, shouldn't the Hydra incident tell Leon nothing he doesn't already know? Except perhaps that the Galaxy agents aren't above spreading it on purpose to get what they want.

In the news thread I was making guesses about the concept art showing a VF-25S in Alto's colors with what seems to be an armor pack like what Ozma uses but with a BF beam gun. I at first theorized maybe Alto would get an armored pack option like Ozma later on (the beam gun could be something new introduced since they seem to kill these bugs easier), and d3v suggested since it was an S unit perhaps it is hinting that Ozma may go the route of Roy Fokker and Alto takes the mantle Hikaru style. I then said this as a response:

I kind of hope Ozma doesn't die though, it just seems that it would be pushing the homage envelope a bit. I know this series is already different and I like the homages thus far but I don't want it to go the same way the first show did. Have some things be different. Perhaps Alto is for some reason upgraded to the S unit (hence why it has an armor pack, it seems designed for the S unit) but not just because Ozma might have died.

However I am open to the idea of perhaps Ozma getting injured enough that he can't fly anymore, but he still lives, that could add a lot to character development as he would feel he is no longer able to protect the people he cares about and he has to get through this personal crisis.

I think it is a valid possibility and IMO would make for an interesting but darker story idea.

In the news thread I was making guesses about the concept art showing a VF-25S in Alto's colors with what seems to be an armor pack like what Ozma uses but with a BF beam gun. I at first theorized maybe Alto would get an armored pack option like Ozma later on (the beam gun could be something new introduced since they seem to kill these bugs easier), and d3v suggested since it was an S unit perhaps it is hinting that Ozma may go the route of Roy Fokker and Alto takes the mantle Hikaru style. I then said this as a response:

I think it is a valid possibility and IMO would make for an interesting but darker story idea.

Roy Focker...Captain Kinryu...the squadron leader who the young hero pilot looks up to is almost sure to die. but who knows? Frontier certainly seems to have a lot of surprises up its sleeves...

Well that is what I mean, it is almost clichéd now, lets see something unexpected or at least new and interesting.

Ozma hasn't really become important enough yet to where his death would have any appreciable effect on anyone. Sure, Ranka would be devastated, but I can't see that taking the story in any particular directions since she's already semi-autonomous from him at this point - his appearances in the last couple episodes have been basically "generic commanding officer" or "older brother on the telephone." If he dies, what changes would that evoke in Ranka?

Roy's attachment to Hikaru was much more powerful, and his death was what really propelled Hikaru into a mature character role. Alto has no real attachment or admiration for Ozma, he just follows his orders (loosely).

The only way I could see Ozma dying right now, would be if Leon initiated some sort of backstabbery... but again, Cathy doesn't have much character presence at this point so I don't think there would be any major story-driving impact other than a named character getting killed for the sake of demonstrating another character's evil motives.

I just thought of something right from the tale of "Snow White"...

What if Ranka is the one luring the Vajra? Maybe Ozma's original orders were to kill her and he just couldn't do it (another reason to leave NUNS). Maybe that's why he has cared for her since and became a heavy drinker... :ph34r:

I just thought of something right from the tale of "Snow White"...

What if Ranka is the one luring the Vajra? Maybe Ozma's original orders were to kill her and he just couldn't do it (another reason to leave NUNS). Maybe that's why he has cared for her since and became a heavy drinker... :ph34r:

IMO, Ranka is actually destined to be their queen. After they capture her, she shall take over their leadership and wage war against the N.U.N.S. until she declare herself queen b*tch of the universe.

Well, NUNS knows who he is, what he does (for the most part), and have fairly regular contact with him. Surely he wouldn't be allowed to live the way he does if he disobeyed an assassination order, unless the entire NUNS command is in on this. At the very least he'd have been arrested and locked away until Ranka was taken care of. If he outright refused the order and resigned they could go lighter on him, but if so he was still allowed contact with a target of an assassination, living in what seems to be an unsecured apartment in a good part of town, and they allow guests/strangers (Ranka's manager).

Ozma hasn't really become important enough yet to where his death would have any appreciable effect on anyone. Sure, Ranka would be devastated, but I can't see that taking the story in any particular directions since she's already semi-autonomous from him at this point - his appearances in the last couple episodes have been basically "generic commanding officer" or "older brother on the telephone." If he dies, what changes would that evoke in Ranka?

Roy's attachment to Hikaru was much more powerful, and his death was what really propelled Hikaru into a mature character role. Alto has no real attachment or admiration for Ozma, he just follows his orders (loosely).

The only way I could see Ozma dying right now, would be if Leon initiated some sort of backstabbery... but again, Cathy doesn't have much character presence at this point so I don't think there would be any major story-driving impact other than a named character getting killed for the sake of demonstrating another character's evil motives.

I'm actually half expecting Mikhail to be the one to bite it. All of the characters are currently closer to him (Ranka notwithstanding) than they are to Ozma, so it would really have that blow to morale that losing Roy would have had. And do any of us really care at the moment if Ozma dies? He's uttered a handful of important lines and shown us that he's a badass in an armored VF-25 (and yet, it's been proven that he is fallible in the cockpit). What if Luca shows his true colors (get it?) and pulls a Kakizaki? So what?

What if Mikhail gets knocked off next episode? Not theorizing that he will, but just hypothesizing. Rockstar pilot-sniper at the prime of his career with a chip on his shoulder (not necessarily a Roy-type trait), second-in-command of Skull Squadron, brother figure (and he is the one responsible for Alto's training), and a fairly popular character to boot. His death opens up a command position for Alto, assuming Ozma is still around (although it'd just be them and Luca unless SMS comes up with a new pilot to fill out the roster - it'd be fun to have a named CF pilot), giving way to the responsibility that such a position demands. Ozma isn't as connected to the other characters as Mikhail is - Mikhail even has a Claudia in Klan Klein.

Mikhail won't go down like Roy, though (at least not like he did in the original anime). He'll get overrun by massive numbers of Vajra and go down in a blaze of glory in some epic battle between the middle and end of the series (even the final battle).

I'm probably dragging this a little off-topic, but I was going to say it somewhere at some point, may as well be here :p

Edited by theplasticwerks

Well, NUNS knows who he is, what he does (for the most part), and have fairly regular contact with him. Surely he wouldn't be allowed to live the way he does if he disobeyed an assassination order, unless the entire NUNS command is in on this. At the very least he'd have been arrested and locked away until Ranka was taken care of. If he outright refused the order and resigned they could go lighter on him, but if so he was still allowed contact with a target of an assassination, living in what seems to be an unsecured apartment in a good part of town, and they allow guests/strangers (Ranka's manager).

Now that you mention it, both Cathy and Leon know about Ranka and haven't done anything (except Lepn trying to shoot Ranka's chances of success down), so an assasination order is highly unlikely.

IMO, Ranka is actually destined to be their queen. After they capture her, she shall take over their leadership and wage war against the N.U.N.S. until she declare herself queen b*tch of the universe.

Wow, how Starcraft.... :p

If I told you guys once, I told you a million times...

Bassara shows up, jams on his guitar and the beauty-men leave their crab shells and all hold hands.

I am not kidding - that is how Frontier ends.

I don't want to spoil any more of it by speaking to the issue of what happens to the rest of the cast - but it is Nekki Bassara who saves the universe.

VFTF1

Bassara shows up, jams on his guitar and the beauty-men leave their crab shells and all hold hands.

I don't want to spoil any more of it by speaking to the issue of what happens to the rest of the cast - but it is Nekki Bassara who saves the universe.

VFTF1

***Reaches over lifts up VFTF1's coffee cup and sniffs for evidence of alcohol or glue residue.... Then backs away slowly***

VFTF1

But do they all sing Planet Dance?

Now that you mention it, both Cathy and Leon know about Ranka and haven't done anything (except Lepn trying to shoot Ranka's chances of success down), so an assasination order is highly unlikely.

Remember the Hydra/Griffon from episode 10?

It seemed to me that the agent (who seemed to be Grace in disguise) talking to Leon mentioned it just before Ranka was attacked by it... (HIT!). :ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

It seemed to me that the agent (who seemed to be Grace in disguise) talking to Leon mentioned it just before Ranka was attacked by it... (HIT!). :ph34r:

Hmm, interesting, Brera faction seems like want to hide the truth about Vajra, so they could planning to assassinate Ranka. This is also make sense since Brera was reprimanded for saving their target. :unsure:

Seems more like a coincidence that it attacked Ranka to me. More like "Grace" let it get infected so that it would run amok and not simply to target someone specific.

So how long does everyone think it will be before we get a weird dream-sequence/clip-show episode...?

After they announce they extended it for 10 more episodes.