Anyone got a scan of the 1/72 Glaug decals?

promethuem5

Hi all,

I'm currently doing a resin recast of one of the 1/72 Glaug kits (not actually sure which one) as a quickie project, and was wondering if anyone had a scan of the appropriate decals that I could either use as reference to paint them, or print out a sheet of decals myself and use for at least some of the more complex markings.

Thanks!

Ben

Edited by promethuem5

That could work... I can probably figure out the scaling myself by test printing it B&W on normal paper... I hand-painted all the yellow lines last night and am happy with it, but anything much more complicated is hard to get consistent.

Thanks for the link. Is this your business? If it isn't, have you used samueldecal.com before? I'm keen to place an order but wondering what the quality is like.

Nope, it's not my business. I am working on the 1/72 resin Glaug right now so I'd ordered their decals . I'd only ordered their Glaug and Regult decals but haven't start trying them out so can't tell you the quality.

Nope, it's not my business. I am working on the 1/72 resin Glaug right now so I'd ordered their decals . I'd only ordered their Glaug and Regult decals but haven't start trying them out so can't tell you the quality.

No problem. Thanks!

It's only a few bucks so I think I'll buy some too and see how we go :)

Thanks for the link. Is this your business? If it isn't, have you used samueldecal.com before? I'm keen to place an order but wondering what the quality is like.

I goot a set of virgin road replica decal from Samuel.

Good service and friendly. The quality of the decal is decent, much better then I expect after I seen some ALPS decals.

The white register well and the color ditering is very good. Image quality is sharp.

the only problem I have is they got the size wrong. My 1/72 set looks more like 1/100. I have informed samuel and I hope he had fixed this for the virgin road set. Not sure if this apply to the other macross set.

I have heard very good review of samuel from the Gundam community.

Oh yeah, I picked up an old copy of FSM today, from Nov 04 or something. It was a review & build-up of the 1/16 Trump T-34/76. Man, your kit whipped the pants off the 'pro' built model in the mag. It gave me a new appreciation for your finished product mate. Hats off again! I should scan a page or two for the OTB thread just to show how good your kit turned out.

Ha, thanks for that... I must admit, I'm usually rather underwhelmed with FSM buildups... their review builders are either way rushed, or simply really boring bland modelers... some of the buildup articles are decent, but I've never been too impressed with FSM... if you want to see lots of good tank buildups that are waaay better than my stuff, Military Model International is the mag to read... every month I am blown away by this publication.

Why are some of the decals/markings in English? Was the Glaug reboxed as a Marauder with the same decal sheet or something?

The decals are from my still unbuilt 80's 1/72 Arii model.

They came sealed in the plastic bags with the sprues ^_^

Just so everyone knows, the Imai kits and their decals were mostly "invented" by the people at Imai. The official lineart does not have nearly as much artwork on them. Also, you might be better off making the decal artwork from scratch and doing your own sizing based on the kit or which ever artwork you wish to make it look like; you get better results I find.

I'm sorry, I didn't explain myself very well.

Some of the decals themselves include English text (like the black ones on the left). So why would a Zentraedi Glaug pod have English markings?

English also an alien language to most japanese..... :lol: They'll run when they hear that you're talking english to them

English also an alien language to most japanese..... :lol: They'll run when they hear that you're talking english to them

Actually Zendreidi IS English. The crew just made up an alien font and plastered english labels on equipment. The transcription key is in one of the Robotech RPG books. I verified the key in my Macross Perfect Memory. It's a neat little detail in the show that I love.

Just so everyone knows, the Imai kits and their decals were mostly "invented" by the people at Imai. The official lineart does not have nearly as much artwork on them. Also, you might be better off making the decal artwork from scratch and doing your own sizing based on the kit or which ever artwork you wish to make it look like; you get better results I find.

Good info, cheers John. Hey would you happen to have a link to any official Glaug lineart pls? Just interested to glean the general idea of what it should look like.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally sat down with the scan and made my sheet... I've uploaded it for you boys to enjoy... I made it to fit on a 5.5" * 8.5" decal paper. I printed them on my Epson, and applied two very thin coats of Future via brush to seal the ink... applied them today, and with some Decal Solution they worked great!

post-2015-1214510217_thumb.gif

Edited by promethuem5