The Ultimate Filipino ROBOTECH Merchandise Thread

The first six photos are from some prototype toy demonstration... a lot of the toys turned out different or weren't even released at all:

odd01.jpg

At one point, this thing was supposed to be transformable to at least a G-mode? I guess they couldn't perfect it so it was only available in the prototype version.

odd02.jpg

Uh, that ain't Rick Hunter. In fact, that ain't even a Robotech figure... GI Joe dude, maybe?

odd04.jpg

Looks like someone beat Megahouse to it...

odd05.jpg

No, seriously.

odd06.jpg

Hey, those legs are a lot skinnier than the final product.

odd07.jpg

The thing was TOTALLY different from the final product. Why the change?

Edited by fifbeat

Part II:

The following are just random "Robotech" catalogues, advertisements, etc. As you scroll down, stuff gets stranger by the minute.

001.jpg

Who the heck "posed" these things? Stevie Wonder?

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Edited by fifbeat

Part 13:

strange06.jpg

strange07.jpg

strange08.jpg

strange09.jpg

strange10.jpg

Obviously, all these images are screen shots from the "Elements" Special Features of the Robotech DVD collection; so, this may be old or new news to some. It was hard to get a good look at these images unless you kept the "pause" button handy... so I thought I'd change that by screen capturing the images for your filipino viewing pleasure.

It's not that I have a lot of time on my hands; it's more of fact that I do strange things with the little time I do have. =)

Edited by fifbeat

By the way, I HIGHLY recommend everyone to watch the E6 DVD "Prototype Toy Presentation." (I'm sure it's on the newer sets, too). It's hilarious as hell and very interesting. Even if you're not a fan of these particular toys, its comedy watching the guy get all nervous while trying to transform stuff... lol!

Okay, I think I replied to myself enough times already. =)

Awwww.... what a cute valk... errr... veritech... err... vf... errrr..... (head explodes) :3 And those scary "action dolls" make an appearance again! Arrrgh!

The Glaug looks like the best of the lot though.

Edited by renkenjutsu

ROBOTECH TO THE RESCUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, those scans bring back some memories.

I used to own the miniture SDF-01 but color sceme was all different. It wasn't even a licenced HG product because the package had Macross tags. It's too bad they couldn't perfect the Gerwalk form; I really wanted my transformable veritech.

BTW, the G.I. Joe in Rick Hunter package is Barbeque.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

I remember wanting to get ALL those Robotech mecha as a kid ... sadly, my parents only bought me Transformers & GI Joes ...

:(

Thanks to eBay, I've been able to acquire at least all the 8 inch Destroids in their Exo-Squad reissue form.

:)

That first picture is apparently the proof that the Matchbox VF-1 was indeed suppose to be partially or entirely transformable, though it looks like in this incarnation the swing bars are still permanently molded to the rest of the airframe.

As for the Rick Hunter action figure blister pack, that's obviously GI Joe's Barbeque. :)

Did that Invid Scout ever get released... the only official invid mecha I've ever seen has been the shocktrooper.

hmm listing Japan as a country with native language fan websites is kinda odd... I have seen one, and only one. One random native japanese guy who is really gaga over the Robotech adapatation.

The vast majority of that stuff actually was released.

I like the lead in for the Robotech, Robotech, ROBOLINKS!!!!

High tech electronics are capturing children!

Anyhow, I still find myself singing that darn Robolinks jingle I watched it so much as a kid.

"Turns into a jet fighter, Robotech, Robotech

Super Space Fortress, Lunar Land Rover,

Robotech, Robotech, ROBOLINKS!!!"

Did that Invid Scout ever get released... the only official invid mecha I've ever seen has been the shocktrooper.

The Matchbox Scout is just a smaller version of the Shock Trooper, and it's the wrong color (red).

If only they did it in purple.

;p

Shouldn't this thread just be called "The Ultimate Matchbox ROBOTECH Merchandise Thread?" Where are the Filipinos? :mellow:

I'm filipino! =) Well, some of the stuff are Revell and some other low budget brands. So not all Matchbox...

That was intense! I liked it and thank you for posting all of that!

No problem. I thought it was interesting and knew someone would get a kick out of it. =)

Robotech/Macross.... a very big part of my childhood. Can't seem to get it out of my life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Its been over 7 years and now I'm back for PART 14:

I'm surprised the photos are still up, which is why it pays to host them at cityonfire.com.

This set of visuals are kinda random, but it's mostly the same song 'n dance of "Robotech" merchandise.

ad_01.jpg

I remember seeing this ad circa 1980/1990.... it came straight to my mail box (I was on their mailing list). I was very tempted to "borrow" my mom's credit card and order this from the Pony Toy Go-Round. :) But I was a good boy.

ad_03.jpg

If I can turn back time...

ad_02.jpg

Final wave of Matchbox Robotech items. At this point, they started making their own crappy designs, instead of re-branding the good stuff from Japan.

ad_04.jpg

This one is very special. I was practically drooling... Sadly, all I was able to afford were the 3 1/2 ones (and I still didn't order 'em)

ad_05.jpg

More Matchbox ads.

ad_06.jpg

$24.95 for that Valk. Damn!

ad_07.jpg

Gotta love the Comico company.

ad_09.jpg

I guess T-shirt prices were always around the $15-$20 range.

ad_10.jpg

65 new episodes, huh?

ad_11.jpg

I'm sure Robotech Wars was just edited action footage from the series.

ad_12.jpg

Not much has changed for Reba West. She's still making appearances like this.

ad_13.jpg

Toy store mid-80s....

ad_14.jpg

Again...

Edited by fifbeat