Macross Frontier Episode 10 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 10 rating  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 10?

• Positive (Ranka looks so cute in Mao's dress)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Why waste time watching this when I can watch M0?)

Welcome to the Macross Frontier Episode 10 Talkback Thread

Previous Episode threads:

Episode 4: "Miss Macross" + Opening Theme "Triangler"

Episode 5: "Star Date" + Ending Theme "Diamond Crevasse"

Episode 6: "Bye Bye Sheryl" + Ending Theme "Diamond Crevasse" + "SMS Team Song: That Girl's an Alien" (Macross Radio rip)

Episode 7: "First Attack"

Episode 8: "High School Queen"

Episode 9: "Friendly Fire" + OST vol. 1

Guidelines:

• Macross Frontier episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum beyond this post. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Veoh.com (formerly Stage6) or related video-sharing or video streaming site links, Rapidshare/Megaupload/etc. links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. We will provide download locations for you. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to a mod if you have a file sharing link that is not listed and it will be added within 24 hours or send Boinger a PM with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk to the Mecha Thread and news for the News Thread. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers (i.e. rumors or magazine scans of future episodes) for the News thread. Previews for the next week's episode are excluded from this rule.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).
  • Please use spoiler tags for the first 12-hours after an episode airs.
  • For summaries and screenshots, please check out Random Curiosity's Anime Blog (Please remember, no image linking from that blog. Text links only.) :)

Availability

• Raw: Available: 1280x720 DivX6.8 AVI, 704x396 DivX6.​8.​2 PV4 AVI, 1440x1080i 16:9 WVC-1 WMA10Pro WMV (warning, file size = 1.08 GB), 1440x1080 x264 AAC VFR MP4, 1280x720 x264 MP4
  • Subtitled:

• Chinese: 840x480 RMVB
    • English: [Chihiro] H264 MKV + XviD AVI, [GG] MKV, [Lunar] 704x400 AVI + H264 1280x720 MKV, [AiA-IZ] MP4, [shinsen] AVI
    • Spanish: [WZF] X264-AAC 848x480 MP4
  • Original Soundtrack vol. 1: [Q-R] WV lossless CD + Booklet, [LonE] Lossless FLAC, MP3: Megaupload 1, Megaupload 2, Megaupload 3

Episode download links

General sites (Raws and subtitled, but mostly Raws)

Subtitled versions

Other

Thread and poll opens at 12:25PM EST/9:25AM PST (25:25 JST)

REMINDER: Episode 11 will air on 6/19.

And by the end of the year Mr. Kawamori will release Macross Zero movie edition that will turn out to be the movie that was made in the Macross Frontier

:p

A little behind the scenes action

http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=13ix7.jpg

bleh, you don't know where she has been

Time for Ranka to get some from the Hime

http://img378.imageshack.us/my.php?image=15st8.jpg

updating...

yes! finally, that is awesome, now did she do it cause Sheryl did it before and if she kiss him is like kissing all that kissed him before? or cause it was on the script

yes! finally, that is awesome, now did she do it cause Sheryl did it before and if she kiss him is like kissing all that kissed him before? or cause it was on the script

That's an exact replica of the scene from Macross Zero episode 3. So it should be in the script.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the screenshot above is Sheryl sanctioning the enactment of aforementioned scene.

That's

Miranda, winner of the Miss Macross Contest

Rick Hunter!

or Isamu Dyson. :lol:

http://img378.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ne01oa7.jpg

U wish... He looks more like

Soji Kawamori to me (same complexion, skin color and/or hair... just add a beard)... He must be George Yamamori (ジョージ・山森), the director of the "Bird Human" film

... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Excellent episode. This one is particularly litered with in-jokes. I'll leave the Macross related ones for you folks. But the TV interviewer brought a chuckle - she looks almost exactly like a TV personality. After that, I was watching the supporting characters, trying to figure out if any other ones were based off of other TV personalities (none that I spotted, but the director was very familiar...)

It was a neat twist where they had the ending credits (and they doubled as the ending credits for the movie!) before the end of the episode! The focusing on the end of Macross Zero also made me start thinking some deep thoughts about how that series connects with this one...

Not sure if anyone noticed, but I believe that the following message was flashed across the screen: next episode on June 16th.

Interesting in that the next episode is supposed to be Ranka Rii's depute, and her "debute" single is released on the 25th!

Not sure if anyone noticed, but I believe that the following message was flashed across the screen: next episode on June 16th.

16th? Crap. *goes and updates*

Did some poking of the net:

http://www.mbs.jp/pgm/timetable/#hour26

MBS 06.12 during Macross F's time slot: ランク王国 w/ 【MC】 斎藤友紀

http://www.mbs.jp/macross-f/

MBS's Macross F page has all the previews for the coming episodes online.

http://www.yahoo.co.jp/index.html

As of the moment of posting, the main yahoo page has Macross F front and center. "Adult's also can be enjoying anime"

I read somewhere that Macross F is (very) popular here. I'm expecting character goods of the main characters, specifically the two female leads, shortly. Especially considering how high they both were in this past month's Newtype female character poll! (Nope. No male characters in the male top 10. Not a big surprise, though.)