Anime Expo 2008

As topic says I'm curious if anyone is going this year?

I'm planning on hosting a dinner meet and greet if anyone is interested and if I get enough people to come, we rarely have these type of meets so why not.

I miss going to AX since moving to Tokyo. I had never missed an AX since the very first one in 1992 San Jose to 2005 Anaheim. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I will be attending once again. Hopefully there will be an interesting panel for me to photoblog this time. AX barely holds my attention nowadays.

:(

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jyukai looks interesting, but the rest of the GoH seem "ho-hum". Akemi Takada may be an interesting Live Programming to attend, seeing as how she's the character designer of so many classics.

I can only stalk, err-um "photo" cute cosplayers for so many hours . . . :D

I guess I miss the days of "Mechanized Propultion Systems" . . . and no, Day 3 "Robotech" panel doesn't count!

• 2 weeks later...

OVER DRIVE will be attending AX this year. They will be taking part of a Cospay panel for their online Cosmode magazine, and will also be selling retail items at their booth #111. Stop by say hi to the guys, they have a few ideas they would like to kick around and would like some feedback.

I'm going thursday, friday, saturday. Bigkid, if you're going on saturday, give me a call. We should all meet up and hang out.

Cool. We'll probably use the Anime Punch booth as a base of operations, but yeah I'll give you a call.

I'll be there Sat afternoon and Sun morn..Ill prob be repping last years Con T so should be eaasy to spot...

oh yeah i dyed it blue..the dark olive faded after like a billion washes...Feel free to shout "Hey Orguss!"

Can anyone recommend vendor booths with old resin and Macross/Orguss related (old)stuff..or is it prty much new DBZ,Gundam, Bleach type stuff..( i missed last year in LB :) )

Edited by orguss01

was there on friday and saturday.

Only a handful of macross love from what I have seen. :( sigh...

Saw a couple of people dress up thou... Alto, Michael and Luca and Sheryl and Ranka... ^_^