About the Macross Chronicles

OK, any news or new ingo about it?

I am in Mexico, but I really want to get this books or magazines, the Macross Chronicles...

So I am asking for any help or info of how I could get this publishing, perhaps I am in a wrong place of the forums to ask this...

But any help will be very appreciate...

I posted this in the Frontier News thread, but perhaps it is better off here.

OverDrive is taking orders right now for subscriptions to Macross Chronicle. The pricing options are as follows (as they were e-mailed to me):

6 Month Subscription

12issues x $12= $144

Shipping Cost

6 x $5 =$30

Total Amount

$177

1 Year Subscription

24 issues x $10 =$240

Shipping Costs

12 x $5 =$60

Total Amount

$300

Please note all prices and shipping costs are estimates at this point

and are not final.

We don't have all the information yet but this is what we would like to

do. We're open to suggestions if you have any.

Feel free to e-mail them to sign up/express your interest.

They have mentioned that at LEAST 20 people need to sign up for a subscription in order for this to work. So, if you're serious, e-mail them soon!

NOTE: As I indicated in the earlier thread, I have no ties to this company, though they are good friends of fellow MW member Save (and have provided excellent service to a great deal of members here tracking down CMs Legioss/Tread). I noticed a bunch of us are looking to track down this magazine, and this was the one place that actually e-mailed me inquiring about fan interest.

Edited by crasis

I'm a little leery about committing to a 1 year subscription, when we don't know how many issues there will be yet in total. It may only turn out to be 10 issues for example. If it's less than 24 issues, then does Overdrive refund the balance?

Graham

I'm a little leery about committing to a 1 year subscription, when we don't know how many issues there will be yet in total. It may only turn out to be 10 issues for example. If it's less than 24 issues, then does Overdrive refund the balance?

I'd be weary of this too. Not to mention the price of a single issue on the 1/2 year is near double the MSRP. I know they need to make money but that's a bit high...

I'm getting this funny feeling that this is going to be of the same genre as those monthly Gundam, X-Files, Star Trek, Evangelion, etc. magazines that are common in one section of the average bookshop. You know, a little bit on this character, that mecha, this episode, that gun pod or missile, and perhaps even an interview or two. Nothing much more than enough to wet the appetite for more... I won't be surprised if they also start selling a binder for us consumers to put them in...

I'm getting this funny feeling that this is going to be of the same genre as those monthly Gundam, X-Files, Star Trek, Evangelion, etc. magazines that are common in one section of the average bookshop. You know, a little bit on this character, that mecha, this episode, that gun pod or missile, and perhaps even an interview or two. Nothing much more than enough to wet the appetite for more... I won't be surprised if they also start selling a binder for us consumers to put them in...

32-34 pages/release really reminds me of the Gundam 00 Official Files.

Okay guys, I expressed your (very valid) concerns about refunds and whatnot to OverDrive yesterday. Here's the response:

Could you assure everyone that if the magazine is canceled before a full

run, the money for each issue that is canceled will be refunded. We

understand people having reservation about paying money up front but we

don't want to process 20 to 30 orders every two weeks - it'll get

confusing who paid for what and someone going to make a mistake.

Meanwhile, if there are people who want information on the magazine as

soon as possible, they should create a account on our site and subscribe

to our newsletter. As soon as there is new info we'll send it out

through the newsletter.

So, yeah, we'll definitely get refunded if the publisher cancels the magazine. That's one less worry!

Aren't those all American anime magazines...?

No, I'm not talking about Newtype USA and other American anime mags. Inside the Previews Comics guide there is an Import magazine section that carries all anime magazines from Japan. I just wondered if they were going to carry Macross Chronicle. ^_^

No, I'm not talking about Newtype USA and other American anime mags. Inside the Previews Comics guide there is an Import magazine section that carries all anime magazines from Japan. I just wondered if they were going to carry Macross Chronicle. ^_^

Oh. Well, it's a possibility then...if Harmony Gold doesn't make a stink, that is.

• 4 weeks later...
I ordered it from Kinokuniya Bookstore, but they aren't sure if they can get it. If they can, I'll let y'all know, if you'd like.

Thanks for the info! I will also check with my local Kinokuniya to see if they can them or not. :)

Graham: Yup, it's indeed the preview of the first issue of Macross Chronicle. I dig the new art of VF-1J!

Edited by Sulendil Ang

Here's a scan from the new August 2008 issue of Hobby Japan magazine (out today), which I'm guessing shows some sample pages from the upcoming Macross Chronicles.

Graham

That's Macross pron if I ever saw it! :D

That's Macross pron if I ever saw it! :D

Hmm.....I don't know if I'm jaded....but it kinda looks like a 'Hey!! - 10 to 20 year olds. We KNOW you grew up in a time where Macross was 2nd or 3rd fiddle to Gundam and Evangelion.....let us show you some of it's history!!!'

Which - if I did not already have Perfect Memory, the Gold Book, The TIA Specials, the 6 volume Anime Collection, the Flash Back 2012 MOOK, both Modeling Manuals, the Encyclopedias, etc etc etc......this MIGHT be cool but looks like 90% of it will be re-hash?

Might keep a watch on it though - they could get to cool Zero or Frontier stuff as the publish.

Fred

Hmm.....I don't know if I'm jaded....but it kinda looks like a 'Hey!! - 10 to 20 year olds. We KNOW you grew up in a time where Macross was 2nd or 3rd fiddle to Gundam and Evangelion.....let us show you some of it's history!!!'

Which - if I did not already have Perfect Memory, the Gold Book, The TIA Specials, the 6 volume Anime Collection, the Flash Back 2012 MOOK, both Modeling Manuals, the Encyclopedias, etc etc etc......this MIGHT be cool but looks like 90% of it will be re-hash?

Might keep a watch on it though - they could get to cool Zero or Frontier stuff as the publish.

Fred

That's what I want to get it for.

The unpublished line art of the new series' as well has higher quality line art from the older series' Hopefully they'll use mostly glossy paper for those as opposed to the standard news print.

Edited by Zinjo

i mentioned this before in the news thread.

the publisher is the one who did Gundam Fact Files - they're full of details (note: japanese text) and loved by diehard fans. IIRC, there are 150+ issues for Gundam Fact Files, granted there are alot more series for Gundam...

too bad i cant spare the $ for this, seems way too expensive :(

Yeah I hope my local kinokuniya store is getting them and I am glad the Bindder is not special mail order or web -order exclusive :)

Me too. :) BTW, do you live in Malaysia? If you do, please drop me a PM if you found them in Kinokuniya at Suria KLCC, k?

Check this page out, which has some small photos of what some of the pages are going to be.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2753257

From HMV's description, there will be thirteen types of pull-out pages (descriptions are from the site, not mine):

1) Mechanic Sheet

Starting with the Valkyries, information and explanation of the mecha. The main mecha illustration will be an original illustration each issue.

2) Character Sheet

From the main to minor characters, profiles of all characters.

3) Time Line Sheet

The first printed timeline for all Macross series.

4) World Guide Sheet

Pick-up on the Culture, Settings, and Planets of the Macross World.

5) History Sheet

With original illustrations mixed in, descriptions and explanations of things that happened in Macross.

6) Technonogy Sheet

A close look at the different technology in Macross.

7) Song Sheet

Featuring “Songs” of Macross. Lyrics and liner notes.

8) Gallery Sheet

Visuals of Macross posters and CD jackets on a fold-out sheet.

9) Goods Sheet

From the rare to the newest Macross-related goods.

10) Terminology Dictionary Sheet

Terms and Descriptions of words used in all Macross Series

11) Tribute Sheet

Illustrations and Interviews based on Macross by creators currently working in the industry.

12) Making Sheet

Behind the Scenes Production information from the series staff through interviews and materials.

13) Extra Sheet

Staff List, etc. for each series.

I think I'm most excited about the Gallery, Goods, and Making Sheets. I like reading interviews and need something positive to wipe that nasty aftertaste of Itano's bashing of the Macross series in the BS Yawa book.