About the Macross Chronicles

just got 20 and 21 (i don't know why i keep buying these things)

naturally, i expected more than what was actually in there.

in particular, i was hoping for interior shots/lineart of the asuka aircraft hangar.

doubt if the asuka will be touched on again, but here's to hoping..

on another note, great mechanics DX8 is out and has an MF feature again. anybody has this already and found it worthwhile?

on another note, great mechanics DX8 is out and has an MF feature again. anybody has this already and found it worthwhile?

I'll second that question.

I skipped DX7, cus' the Frontier article was only ships and no VFs. But if DX8 has more VF info & pics, I'll definitely pick it up.

So Sketchley or Renato, you guys got it yet? If yes, can we have a summary of the Macross Frontier article contents please?

Graham

Sorry, I think I've only ever seen that magazine on the shelves like once in my life, and that was a few months ago. I seriously don't know where people always get it from. Except online, of course.

On the other hand, there's an interview with Mari Iijima in the new Figure Oh, if anyone cares..?

Oh well, I checked Animate at lunch, but Great Mechanics DX 8 was already sold out, so I bit the bullet and ordered it online.

Will let you guys know what's in it when I receive it, if Sketchley doesn't get it and post first.

Graham

Have it, translating it.

Basically it's limited to a timeline*, an interview with Dr. Chiba, and a series of small gobs of text on various aspects of the series - basically from Macross 0 to Macross F, with Macross F being the focus.

Edit... after typing that, I remember that I already reviewed it! http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=728710

* Which was a serious byatch to translate! All that kanji! Luckily, it wasn't that different from other translated Macross timelines, so there were plenty of times that I could shrug my shoulders and guess that kanji cluster "A" means "A" from timeline. But still... 3 frikken weeks! >.<

Edited by sketchley

What... no one's got a post of the next issue of MC #23 up yet???

*SV-51

*VF-11 MAXL Kai Mireenu's exclusive fighter

*Miria Warship (Miria's DYRL Meltraendi gunship)

*Rideable (ridden? things of Planet Eden

*D.D. Iwanofu

*Mireenu Furea Jiinasu

*People of the UN Forces

*Macross 7 gallery sheet

*timeline: in the shadow of the fuselage evaluation test (?? machinecode translation. M+ section of the timeline???)

*history: Sheryl Nome Concert

*Technology: sound energy

*SOng: information high/idol talk

*Goods: Bandai VF100's, Megahouse excellent model(s)

Chronicle 23:

Mechanic Sheet:

• SV-51

• VF-11MAXL Kai

• Millia's Ship

• Planet Eden Vehicles

Character Sheet

• DD Ivanov

• Mylene Flare Jenius [to quote Azrael: AREWEDONEYETAREDONEYETAREWEDONEYET?]

• People of UN Spacy [but which series...?]

Gallery Sheet

• Macross 7

Timeline Sheet

• In the Shadow of the Airframe Evaluation Test

History Sheet

• Sheryl Nome Concert

Technology Sheet

• Song Energy [You knew it had to happen sometime, right?]

Song Sheet

• INFORMATION HIGH / Idol Talk

Goods Sheet

• Bandai VF100s

• Megahouse Excellent Model

EDIT: Damn typo.

Edited by Gubaba

• SV-51

• VF-11MAXL Kai

• Millia's Ship

• Planet Eden Vehicles

About time. Are we done yet? Which ship? So we get to know about the motorcycles and cars; lovely. In that order.

Character Sheet

• DD Ivanov

• Mylene Flare Jenius [to quote Azrael: AREWEDONEYETAREDONEYETAREWEDONEYET?]

• People of UN Spacy [but which series...?]

Lovely. No seriously, are we done yet cuz I'm gonna start b*tching about this like the VF-1? Good god that's a lot of people.

Timeline Sheet

• In the Shadow of the Airframe Evaluation Test

Time for M+.

Technology Sheet

• Song Energy [You knew it had to happen sometime, right?]

Listen to my song!

Is the sneak peek of the new issue a new costume for sheryl? If not where does she wear it?

http://books.shopro.co.jp/macross/index.html

She'll wear it in the illustration for the History Sheet with that issue.

Macross Chronicle doesn't create new art for the cover, they just cut and paste it from the interior illustrations. And since it's a HISTORY Sheet, I doubt it'll be about the movie.

I just got the new issue.

Finally, something is cleared up: The "red stuff" that the white galactic whale spits out and covers Basara's VF-19P is NOT blood, but.... "pollen".

I was always on the side of the "sperm whale" theorists in this debate (which, granted, was miniscule to non-existent), and I'm glad that I was right in the end.

By the way, I have never seen -- nor heard of anyone who owns -- a copy of the Dynamite 7 TIAS sourcebook so if there is any information there regarding this I didn't know it.

By the way, I have never seen -- nor heard of anyone who owns -- a copy of the Dynamite 7 TIAS sourcebook so if there is any information there regarding this I didn't know it.

There was a TIAS Dynamite 7 source book??????? Is that confirmed in the new issue of chronicles? Any scans of the cover, ISBN number etc.

The only Dynamite 7 book I ever heard of and own was the one by Movic.

Graham

Soooooo.......the red 'stuff" that the space whale covers Basara's valk in is not blood. It's POLLEN?!

Which means that Basara gave the Space-Whale the same space orgasms that he gave every other alien entity in the show.

Kind of explains Basara's little chuckle shortly afterwards. it's actually the sound of his mind snapping.

Dare I say it......."COME ON PEEEEEOPLE!!!!!"

Edited by Alex

Soooooo.......the red 'stuff" that the space whale covers Basara's valk in is not blood. It's POLLEN?!

Which means that Basara gave the Space-Whale the same space orgasms that he gave every other alien entity in the show.

Kind of explains Basara's little chuckle shortly afterwards. it's actually the sound of his mind snapping.

Dare I say it......."COME ON PEEEEEOPLE!!!!!"

I think I liked it better when it was blood, but I guess they wanted to go whole hog on the goofiness.

I think I liked it better when it was blood, but I guess they wanted to go whole hog on the goofiness.

In many ways, D7 is a precursor to the complete fan-service fest that was Frontier. We have Mylene's near-rape, random naked scenes of a minor....and none serving the plot what-so-ever.

Oh...and I just noticed your avatar. Awkwaaaaaard.

Edited by Alex

I just got the new issue.

Finally, something is cleared up: The "red stuff" that the white galactic whale spits out and covers Basara's VF-19P is NOT blood, but.... "pollen".

I was always on the side of the "sperm whale" theorists in this debate (which, granted, was miniscule to non-existent), and I'm glad that I was right in the end.

Eww... Did you just tell me Basara made the White Whale come?

And we thought only Sivil and Meltrans were the only ones biological reproduction systems are affected when he is singing.

Eww... Did you just tell me Basara made the White Whale come?

And we thought only Sivil and Meltrans were the only ones biological reproduction systems are affected when he is singing.

Yes....it was indeed a "sperm" whale.

Thar she blows? rather "GAR! He blows!!"

Edited by Alex

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/..._dyna_tiaam.htm

It says it in the title of the page... But I guess it's only a typo, then.

Ah... ic. Well, that book looks more like a Movic book than a TIA book. The dimensions and graphics are the big clue. Looks like that's one more book on my hunting list.7

EDIT: Graham beat me.

Edited by sketchley

#22 quickie run-down:

VF-25F doesn't look to be too different from the VF-25S (statswise, that is).

VF-19P = coolness. But where's the two-seater? Will we get a B sheet?

Meltraendi Forces sheet is the Rapuramis Fortress from the movie.

Macross Galaxy - Battle 21! Sweet carrier shot of it. Lots of info (some confirmed from the Great Mechanics.DX 7 article). Even a size/scale of the Galaxy Mainland. More on this later.

Characters - nonething noteable, other than the Macross 7 bridge crew! Yeah, baby, yeah.

Timeline - covers the first half or two thirds of the 1st M+ OVA.

The history sheet looks illuminating on the tactics of the two fleets.

The VF sheet starts off with a bang (sweet Hikaru full-on burst into a Regult) and ends sweetly too (nice hanger shot), and the middle is all juicy Valkyrie gun pod love. It doesn't quite have as much hard stats as I would like. But it's still quite impressive.

The Macross Launch ceremony article makes me ask one thing: did it really need to be 3 pages?! (that's double sided pages...)

Characters - nonething noteable, other than the Macross 7 bridge crew! Yeah, baby, yeah.

post-9033-1242308079_thumb.jpg

The glasses is already taken by Doc Chiba.

Macross Galaxy - Battle 21! Sweet carrier shot of it. Lots of info (some confirmed from the Great Mechanics.DX 7 article). Even a size/scale of the Galaxy Mainland. More on this later.

Good we will finally know how large-scale Mainland is. Also the answer if Battle Galaxy docks with Galaxy Mainland? (Externally or internally)

Edited by RedWolf

Is there a two-seater? The OVA only shows the single 19P.

Darn it! I'm getting my Dynamite VFs mixed up! I was mentally transposing the 2 seater VF-5000T-G cockpit onto the VF-19P. >.<

(...)

Also the answer if Battle Galaxy docks with Galaxy Mainland? (Externally or internally)

Not necessarily. The sheet's on Macross Galaxy, AKA Battle Galaxy, Battle 21, not Macross Galaxy Fleet. We may get more information on the docking question if and when a Mainland sheet is released. Maybe.

This is good to know. I'll make the correction and upload a new VF-19P Excalibur page later today. Thanks Renato

the middle is all juicy Valkyrie gun pod love. It doesn't quite have as much hard stats as I would like. But it's still quite impressive.

Any info on: -

a) caliber

b) rate of fire

c) magazine capacity

d) whether the VF-17's gunpod in standard configuration is a slug thrower or beam weapon (I say slug thrower, IMO 7 barreled 30mm).

Graham

How many pages does the book have? Any more lineart than the Laser Discs covers?

The whole book is only lind art. Between 80 to 120 pages IIRC (will check later). Lots of character & location art and mecha art of VF-22, Graham's armor & Zolan patrol ship and maybe VF-5000.

The whole book is only lind art. Between 80 to 120 pages IIRC (will check later). Lots of character & location art and mecha art of VF-22, Graham's armor & Zolan patrol ship and maybe VF-5000.

Thanks a lot! I hope they reprint most of it in Chronicle, as it seems really hard to find on the market.