Macross Frontier Episode 9 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 9 Rating  

207 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate episode 9?

• Positive (Michael and Klan put an arrow my heart..awwwwww)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (I can shoot better than that womanizer)

Honestly? Debating Color? <_<

I don't think it is the SHADE of the purple that I am more familiar with, but the call sign STILL matches the color.

And I think its HOT PINK really but than again what I think is HOT PINK is NOT HOT PINK to someone else.

Its NOT RED and its NOT BLUE....PURPLE? Ok, sure, why not.... <_<

It is Purple dude I watch on my 1080p tv. The call sign fits the fighter.

God , there is so many color blind people, including macross frontier japanese team.

Is there any non color blind people with proper monitor come in and agree with me??

Edited by ma2ha3

If we are talking about the VF-27, its not purple. At all. I know purple, and that is not it. However, I do not believe they are referring to the fighter's color. Remember, a key piece of Frontier seems to be this mysterious purple crystal. I would assume its referring to that.

Chihiro subbed episode 9 making this the 7th different group release for Frontier. Though Gattai dropped it and who knows how long GG and Chihiro will stick with it.

EDIT - Beaten to it.

Btw it wasn't Chihiro who did troll subs for Geass R2.. episode 5 was it?, someone just used there name, if it's on their website it's legit. I was in their irc channel when that troll torrent came out.

Edited by Westlo

Chihiro subbed episode 9 making this the 7th different group release for Frontier. Though Gattai dropped it and who knows how long GG and Chihiro will stick with it.

EDIT - Beaten to it.

Btw it wasn't Chihiro who did troll subs for Geass R2.. episode 5 was it?, someone just used there name, if it's on their website it's legit. I was in their irc channel when that troll torrent came out.

It's on their website. Although, no real clarification on whether they're picking it up.

On the plus side, the more groups involved the faster we're getting subs. A few weeks ago I was looking forward to Sunday Gattai subs, now we're starting to get them the next day. Crazy.

Hmm... honestly I thought that the flashback pic of her and Mikael looked younger than she is now although I could be wrong. But understand, there is a problem with her when she micronizes that causes her to become a child again even though she's the same person.

She's macronized in the swing picture, though, so the goofy effects that her genetics have on her micronization don't matter.

The thing I'm wondering about is that she looks really young in the picture, and that's when Mikhail was a kid. So I'm guessing that at most she can't be more than a few years older than Mikhail.

The part with Mikhail in battroid teasing Klan Klan is really amazing. The only odd part is their size.

Reference:

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/scalecharts/sizechart-1.gif

VF-1 is already a good bit taller than a zentradi, so the VF-25 should almost twice as tall.

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but Klan could be one of the larger Zentradi, like Britai and Bodolzaa

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneous/...arison-dyrl.gif

Klan is shown as a good head shorter than Mikhail's VF-25G. In the size comparison above, Britai is shown as even larger than a VF-1 Battroid. If Klan was Britai's height, she would be close to the correct size as seen in Macross Frontier when compared to the VF-25 Battroid.

It's not sexy, but it works :)

edit: well.. they are subbing code geass and now mf just to piss off koda the gg leader

Good grief... a pissing contest. :rolleyes:

Anyways, they're hosting their own .ASS files so a link to their main site is on the first post.

chihiro is not BAD, the fonts are big, but they are pretty spot on. Thanks CHIHIRO,dun skip school too much, affect your grades.

from where did they get the sound of bullet flying from sniper gun. Is it from star wars?

sound familiar but cannot pin down.

chihiro is not BAD, the fonts are big, but they are pretty spot on. Thanks CHIHIRO,dun skip school too much, affect your grades.

from where did they get the sound of bullet flying from sniper gun. Is it from star wars?

sound familiar but cannot pin down.

Its a little worse than Gattai as far as readability goes, and I don't appreciate the swearing.

Great episode! Its not too consistent though... The purple valk could shrug off a Q-rau's beam cannon blast (which I think an earlier episode established can crack a red vajra's armor) but gets its leg blown off by a VF-25 gatling gun (which basically cannot even scratch a red vajra)... Hmmm. Convenient plot device or the purple valk has some sort of directional energy shield which is finite? Oh well - always willing to suspend my disbelief for macross

:)

I know it's a bit late to chime on on this, but I just want to add that I don't see the problem some people were having with Michael's VF being so expressive. It's much better than it being static and him just standing there whilst talking, and with it being a new VF, you'd expect it to be more mobile and for lack of a better word, posable (sp?) than previous VFs, and body language just helps get things across :)

Great episode! Its not too consistent though... The purple valk could shrug off a Q-rau's beam cannon blast (which I think an earlier episode established can crack a red vajra's armor) but gets its leg blown off by a VF-25 gatling gun (which basically cannot even scratch a red vajra)... Hmmm. Convenient plot device or the purple valk has some sort of directional energy shield which is finite? Oh well - always willing to suspend my disbelief for macross

If you watch it again, you can see that the beam hits an asteroid, not the valk.

I know it's a bit late to chime on on this, but I just want to add that I don't see the problem some people were having with Michael's VF being so expressive. It's much better than it being static and him just standing there whilst talking, and with it being a new VF, you'd expect it to be more mobile and for lack of a better word, posable (sp?) than previous VFs, and body language just helps get things across :)

I liked the part when he got slapped by Klan and acted like he was slapped for real :lol:

Well considering VFs had boobs and mouths in Macross 7 just makes sense that they should be expressive like Transformers. Now Micheal can be with Klan Klan with out the use of sizing chamber :rolleyes:

Though it looks like Mikhail didn't manage to get a good shot in since I couldn't see any damage from his snipe.

Mikhail did do some damage, just not very significant damage. Mikhail's shot took the horn/antenna of from the right side of the VF-27's head. You just have to watch it frame by frame to catch the damage.

it probably have a pin point barrier

Its a little worse than Gattai as far as readability goes, and I don't appreciate the swearing.

true

they dun have to use the term kiss ass

but they are pretty quick worker

to that n_trooper who said klan klan hit purple one

she did not, she only hit a rock

the shockwave hit purple one , and seem like she hit him and not destroy him, but no laser hit purple one, except alto one that took out his leg

did anyone seen the size of that ship with varja eggs? it was huge, a small hole on it side, have many large and small varja coming out, how can purple one destroy such a big ship with one small gun. that amaze me.

did anyone seen the face of brera, he is not as handsome as previous esp. i wonder why?

he does not sound like kira yamamoto

to that n_trooper who said klan klan hit purple one

she did not, she only hit a rock

the shockwave hit purple one , and seem like she hit him and not destroy him, but no laser hit purple one, except alto one that took out his leg

one again the vf-27 might have a pin point barrier thingy that shielded itself from the q-rau

Wasn't it already established that the shot from the Q-Rea hit an asteroid?

Yes, but as Azrael has pointed out numerous times, many people fail to read. <_<

Edited by Heron

Wasn't it already established that the shot from the Q-Rea hit an asteroid?

of course it went thru that asteroid, why would klan smirked after the shot? she was sure she nailed him

Well considering VFs had boobs and mouths in Macross 7 just makes sense that they should be expressive like Transformers. Now Micheal can be with Klan Klan with out the use of sizing chamber :rolleyes:

I take it you mean the old animated TF and Beast Wars because the transformers in the live action films showed no real expression. And their dialogue *sucked*

Taksraven

actually my eye was fixed on the knockers, not the ribbon. are you a man?

Nice to see people slagging off at each other more and more about sexuality in this forum. :blink:

Taksraven