Macross Frontier Episode 9 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 9 Rating  

207 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate episode 9?

• Positive (Michael and Klan put an arrow my heart..awwwwww)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (I can shoot better than that womanizer)

I've come to realize that you can't tell animation quality of the next episode just by the preview. Some great looking episodes have had really crappy previews.

I think it's safe to say that the general rule of thumb is that if it has vajra or pewpewpew in it, the quality will probably be decent, and if it's slice of life, they'll probably get other studios to cover for them

i am confused

what is going on, i dun understand japanese and i dun understand esp 9.

why are NUNS shooting SMS??

Because the NUNS are sick of SMS missing church on sundays. :lol:

I am with Graham. Where is the VF-171 love?! At least M7 showed massive amount of VF-11s buying the farm, Frontier gotta at least feature the 171 in Battroid form duking it out with Vajras before being wiped out. Am I right, Graham? ;)

On the contrary I think it's been pretty consistent that you can tell the next episode's animation quality from the previews. But then again, I've only see static screenshots. Have to wait until dub this time.

Edited by ComicKaze

brera > klein klan skill

klein klan > alto

therefore brera > alto

ozma > klein klan

ozma = brera???

green squirrel > there is no pet in frontier

green squirrel > green cell phone :D

Oh, and ma2ha3, I'm pretty sure it's Klan Klan, not Klein. We thought that at first but it's been spelled differently since then.:)

brera > klein klan skill

klein klan > alto

therefore brera > alto

Actually, Alto/Klan was a stalemate in the anime, and Alto beats her in the manga.

The -27 is also a next generation advanced fighter.

And, of course, Alto is the "genius pilot" of this series. Can't sell him short.

brera > klein klan skill

klein klan > alto

therefore brera > alto

ozma > klein klan

ozma = brera???

green squirrel > there is no pet in frontier

You can't compare skill if you look at the stats the Q-Rau are good but they are still out classed by the VF-25. If the VF-27 is on par or better no amount of skill can outdo tech. Real world example F-15 v F-22 total victorys for F-22 every time and the F-15 pilots are extremely skilled.

Being able to watch the RAW now, something I didn't notice watching over Keyhole, the character art took a hit in this episode. Its as bad as episode 6, I'd say.

Edited by Duke Togo

Hmm, I quess Luca is the squad radio guy, I never saw him fired a single bullet :huh:

Purple-1 is hiding somewhere on the Frontier island, so I quess it must have a sophisticated active/passive stealth system. The gunpod it using is suspiciously similiar to the red lobster BFG.

Oh hey, what's that? B))

post-1088-1212099778_thumb.jpg

Brera could have killed Klan if he wanted to, but he left her after he disabled her QR. I don't think you can label him as the "bad guy" just yet.

Hmm... looks like a "thingee". Yea, definitely a "thingee", no doubt about it. :lol:

Oh hey, what's that? B))

Brera could have killed Klan if he wanted to, but he left her after he disabled her QR. I don't think you can label him as the "bad guy" just yet.

No, but he does have a hidden adgenda that hasn't been revealed yet...

So what was up with that derelict ship and the -27? Can't say he was defending it, as he blew it up at the end of the episode. More like he was going to check it out himself, and when it became clear he would not have the chance, he blew it before anyone else could. More shadowy intrigue!

Oh yes, you can clearly see the NUNS insignia on the -27 in this episode.

SMS's orders were to try and bring back the Vajra hive for study if they could as per the meeting that Grace was spying on. The VF-27 was sent to destroy the hive.

You can't compare skill if you look at the stats the Q-Rau are good but they are still out classed by the VF-25. If the VF-27 is on par or better no amount of skill can outdo tech. Real world example F-15 v F-22 total victorys for F-22 every time and the F-15 pilots are extremely skilled.

Klan did pretty damned good since she got a direct hit on him. She only started getting hit after thinking that she took out the VF-27 with that hit and relaxed. Looks like the VF-27 has some pretty special armor that left him unscathed. Also, it looks like the VF-27 totally outclasses the VF-25 in terms of speed.

One other thing I noticed is that it seems the Sheryl blog actually is written by some insider. One of the recent entries was about how she'd been slacking with her workouts by only stretching and suffered for it after using the Ex-gear.

Edited by ackem

Oh hey, what's that? B))

The Ranka stalker was told to collect some info and not go too far according to the instruction given by "Grace".

Regarding Michel's sister Jessica:

turns out Michel's parents died early, so his sister Jessica took care of him, she was also a military (NUNS?) sniper and was having an affair with her superior, but just before that fateful mission, her superior wanted to end the affair, thats why the military suspected that Jessica intentionally killed him. She was court marshaled and then she committed suicide? Michel is still haunted by that incident, and he wants to find out the truth. (did Jessica really killed herself? did she killed that man because he wanted to end his relationship with her? who knows maybe we'll get to see more about this story...)

And did u guys notice what VF jessica and her superior were in?! :)

Regarding the green Carbuncle:

definitely not your ordinary squirrel. this thing seems to follow Ranka around... and coincidently Brera always appear soon after (except in school premises).

Grace tapping into the President's meeting is really suspicious. could she be the superior of Brera?

Why is Brera's superior so bent on denying the SMS from getting info from that vajra ship? Brera's faction seems to be interested in getting more info from the vajra too, but why do they want to prevent Frontier/SMS from getting info too? i hope its not just because Brera's faction (perhaps the hi-tech corporate from Galaxy) wants the info for themselves (for $$$ sake/having exclusive knowledge) so much so they put other people at risk. Is this why the topic of Capitalism was mentioned? and coincedently Galaxy fleet being sponsored/led by a corporate?

Last but not least.... Vajra = ALIENS?!!?!?!? first impression from those Vajra eggs = Aliens for me :lol:

EDIT: oh... and Bobby is Ranka's make-up artist!! explains the scene where he did super fast make up for Alto when he fell asleep! :lol: he's a professional!

Edited by Shun

green squirrel > green cell phone :D

Oh, and ma2ha3, I'm pretty sure it's Klan Klan, not Klein. We thought that at first but it's been spelled differently since then.:)

OMG

klan klan have size FF, the nude klan klan really show her big booby

brera seem to fight for fun. not for any side. he got ranka eyes.

alto blow off one of his legs, so why when he transform to plane, there are still two engine. did anyone see that.

all these dogfights really make this esp 9 pretty good. i thought it is a lemon. but after watching it, wow, it is pretty good stuff.

Frontier rules again. he he he. after the pink panties green squirrel debacle.

amercian ww2 pilot beat german and japanese noobs with better plane.

Ok, well having watched it, animation was not a factor as usual, it was great. (PLEASE don't get into this AGAIN)

There was a brief glimpse of the VF-171 when they were chasing the Vajra near the beginning, very quick flyby.

Also, it seems Klan is a protector or Michel, at least she seems to play that role.

And no, Brera is not that great of a pilot, he's a show-off. :p Klan could have easily taken him out.

Good ep, much needed after last episode although it looks like they're back the wacky stuff next ep. Hopefully, it'll be serious rather than silly.

I'm pretty sure Sterne's CO is Grace and I suspect that the technology in his unit is a fusion or modified version of current technology. Looking at the inside of his unit, it reminds me of the Q-rau's cockpit but it uses are fancier method of control. I think it might be an advanced version of the Direct Brain Control method or whatever, that Guld was using on the YF-21. Explosions near the unit and or direct hits disrupted the visual image of the unit so I was thinking it was disturbing his mental feed inside it or something. It'll be interesting to see what the tech is all about.

Yeah, that was my take as well. It seemed to me like Brera was just having some sport (toying with her, really), and things got out of hand. He's definitely going to play the antagonist in many ways, but I'm sure they'll invent a way for him to come around before the end of the series (a la Guld). I'll bet he could have taken her out easily at any point he wanted if he decided to take the gloves off in that thing.

Speaking of which, wtf was that he shot at that derelict ship / alien hatchery thingie??? Holy schmoke. That '27 is definitely b_a_d_a_s_s. It almost seems a generation or two more advanced than the '25, which seems odd since they supposedly still have that new car smell to them. I hadn't noticed that the gunpod was a beam weapon until now. Makes sense after, all (the Zents always used it pretty much exclusively, and we're well past the point of reverse engineering OT from the orig Macross). It's also a little harder to dodge than a projectile. :) I guess this is the shape of valks to come ...

It was awesome to see Alto teach him a little humility there, too. :) Get you some, hime-sama. I was waiting for him to start beating Brera's head with that drumstick he ripped off. Sweet.

One (stupid) question: Why would Mikhail bother to make all those human-like gestures with his valk when he and Klan were chatting on the hull? Seems like a lot of work ... maybe it just comes across naturally due to those wacky new flight suits they use (translates or reinterprets movements or something, can't imagine a real practical reason this would be desirable, though ...)

Two words: Makeup Artist-ah! (Bobby rawks).

Was Mikhail's (mother?) in a VF-17? That was a nice touch.

Oh, and someone's going to have to start another one of those wacky "I-Love-Sheryl" (insert random female character) threads if there's any more of this:

post-355-1212104488_thumb.jpg

:D

Oh, and someone's going to have to start another one of those wacky "I-Love-Sheryl" (insert random female character) threads if there's any more of this:

post-355-1212104488_thumb.jpg

:D

Pfft we don't need a I love Sheryl thread, this whole forum is a Sheryl love fest!

Shouldn't the VF-25 be twice the size of a giant size Meltran?

The voice giving orders to Brera could be Grace, but it sounded more like Gerpenitch

:p

Edited by RichterX

Good ep, much needed after last episode although it looks like they're back the wacky stuff next ep. Hopefully, it'll be serious rather than silly.

I'm pretty sure Sterne's CO is Grace and I suspect that the technology in his unit is a fusion or modified version of current technology. Looking at the inside of his unit, it reminds me of the Q-rau's cockpit but it uses are fancier method of control. I think it might be an advanced version of the Direct Brain Control method or whatever, that Guld was using on the YF-21. Explosions near the unit and or direct hits disrupted the visual image of the unit so I was thinking it was disturbing his mental feed inside it or something. It'll be interesting to see what the tech is all about.

Oh yeah ... I was wondering how (and why) she was spying on that meeting.

I think you're completely spot on about the BDS control system, too. I don't recall seeing Brera using a flightstick, or any other kind of control mechanism while he's in that cockpit. It seems much more like a virtual reality thing, and what we're seeing is some sort of residual self-image thing (not to steal from the Matrix, but you get the idea). It also makes perfect sense, since it's apparently from the Galaxy fleet with their love of cutting edge tech, implants, etc. Surely the idea of controlling a fighter with just your thoughts was promising enough to not just abandon completely.

edit: Stoopid grammar ...

Edited by Batou